Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

Interview

At all levels SG is an unprofessional company. The recruiter was most reprehensible, demonstrating pure contempt towards organization and potential candidates. Each American Sourcing and HR Manager that I met expressed blatant disdain for the French parent arm. I received verbal and email confirmation that the package offer would be delivered within xx hours/days. All of this was than retracted and next the recruiter became abusive when I requested clarification. This is a sorry excuse for a business - I have never met such a collective group of miserable people.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Back to back 3 interviews - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour - Second technical interview 1 hour - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they need you they will hire you

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Questions

• All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a referral from someone in the company, but I still had to go through a quick HR phone conversation. It was pretty simple, basically going over my resume and my relevant experiences. After moving to the next step of the process, I had phone interviews with two other people on the team, and their questions were a little more in depth and technical, mostly giving me scenarios and seeing my thought process and if I am able to think critically. These two phone calls were a little more on the difficult side but just be confident with your answers. Don't be afraid to clarify and ask questions. They like to see that you are engaged and are actively thinking throughout the interview process.

Middleware Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview was fairly reasonable. Nothing too bad, generally the expected questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't negotiate a summer internship, dummy

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter, and went thru 3 round interviews. But the position at the final round seemed different from what I was told at the beginning. Mainly technical VBA questions, plus some basic questions about the financial market and derivatives. The final round is mostly behavioral, like what is your interest, what is your favorite position if you can choose.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult in the technical part, but as a foreigner, the behavioral questions are all difficult for me.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Behavioral questions and easy technical questions, not very hard. But final did not get the offer.

Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter who asked me to interview at the office. I sat down with two directors for about 30mins (the office floor looks great by the way). It was a pretty easy-going interview and I was asked very standard questions. I was told the specifics of the position and its day-to-day operations.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Two interviews with the hiring managers. It was an on-site interview that lasted about 40 minutes each. The hiring managers were very nice and did not apply pressure as typical interviewers do.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with 3 people who would they be?   Answer Question