Société Générale

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.9

Front Office Quant Interview

Questions mainly focus on time series, stochastic calculus, black-scholes. Also ask some programming questions. They use VBA a lot. One guy trading vol asked some volatility smile question.

Interview Questions
    • As a student without work experience I couldn't come up with answers to all the questions. But I guess they understood that.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Two rounds-- first round on campus (behavioral + market questions); final round on site (gain two rounds, one behavioral and one technical)

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale.

There are two round interview. The first one is on campus, and the second one is in the office in NYC.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer open the conversation with habits (soccer in my case)   Answer Question
    Waiting for the second round

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale.

I used a recruiter and it was pretty simple. I had 3 interviews and was given an offer. First 2 were real interviews and 3rd one was sort of a meet and greet

Interview Questions
    • My interview was kind of casual, one guy drilled me on technical questions which I did not think were difficult.. and after being employed by this guy I started to realize he probably could not answer his own questions   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I had already done this with my recruiter

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

He first asked me whether I know about their company and what an investment bank do and what company they cooperate. After that, he asked general questions, like my leadership experience, innovation, passion and so on. Finally I asked some question about SG. It lasts about 20 minutes.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in January 2012.

1 interview with the management and 1 with the HR

Interview Questions
    • question were really easy but I did not expected to passan excel test at the end   Answer Question
    no negotiation. They offer you a salary and it is difficult t negotiate. I took the job because I needed it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in February 2011.

You can get the job when you're asleep. Easy questions with pre-defined answers. As long as you answer everything politically correct, you will get hired.

Even for interviewing a technology post, you don't have to be technical at all. If you're interviewing for a business analyst spot, as long as you seem smart, you are hired! You don't need to know the business aweful a lot!

Interview Questions
    You can squeeze as much as you want from this company as it is losing people left and right.

Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in February 2011.

The first round interview was on campus and conducted by an employee who was a VP in the iT industry but I was interviewing for an accounting and finance position so I did not receive any technical questions at all. My second round interview, I had three rounds with three different MD's and a group interview with my competitors.

Global Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in February 2011.

Interview process consisted of two stages. The first stage was a 1:1 interview on campus, that had a mixture of technical and competency questions. The second stage of Interviews was a super day interview that lasts for about 5 hours. It involved 1:1 interviews, Group case study, and a presentation to a panel.

The interviews and other employees of the company were very friendly, and the atmosphere felt like there great team culture.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are in charge of company, how will you increase team work between two departments?   Answer Question