Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

You can get the job when you're asleep. Easy questions with pre-defined answers. As long as you answer everything politically correct, you will get hired.

Even for interviewing a technology post, you don't have to be technical at all. If you're interviewing for a business analyst spot, as long as you seem smart, you are hired! You don't need to know the business aweful a lot!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can squeeze as much as you want from this company as it is losing people left and right.

Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus and conducted by an employee who was a VP in the iT industry but I was interviewing for an accounting and finance position so I did not receive any technical questions at all. My second round interview, I had three rounds with three different MD's and a group interview with my competitors.

Global Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two stages. The first stage was a 1:1 interview on campus, that had a mixture of technical and competency questions. The second stage of Interviews was a super day interview that lasts for about 5 hours. It involved 1:1 interviews, Group case study, and a presentation to a panel.

The interviews and other employees of the company were very friendly, and the atmosphere felt like there great team culture.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are in charge of company, how will you increase team work between two departments?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with them first on campus, which was pretty straightforward. Then went in for a half-day second round interview process. The second round consisted of three one-on-one interviews and a group interview. I was interviewing for a back office role, so people were professional, and weren't interested in intimidating you (unlike other i-banking positions).

Interview Questions

• How do your previous summer experiences prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The local (Americas) group head and the global head of the department spoke with me for an hour or so. I was referred to SG by people who knew me, so this was more casual than normal. I would say that the exact position was a bit vague, and they did not go into enough details to allow me to advocate for a particular position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it.

Resource Function Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

there are two round interview. first round is on compus interview.

Interview Questions

• what is your faverate course?   Answer Question
    • what is the project you do recently?are you prefer independently than team player? some of the intervi   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Job was gotten through a recruiter with false promises. Would never have taken job if employed (was unemployed at the time)

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers, separately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, they offered the salary and I asked for more and they said that was the salary.

Special Events Coordinator Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. I went to their offices and casually interviewed with the two women I would be working with. We casually discussed my experience, long-term goals, and what the company culture is like. The office was very professional and the people were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to leave your last job?   1 Answer

Trading Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with all the people in that team.They didn't seem to have prepared a lot of interview questions. Just focus on resume, and some common tenichcal question. Honestly, I didn't expect them to hire me once I stepped in their office. Their working language seems to be French....