Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

They were very friendly - I met two people. They asked me about my experience and explained the position to me. Unfortunately the position was not quite what I used to do, even though my recruiter said that it was a perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current company? Why this job?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

It was normal like any interview. Interviewed by two managers one after the other, onsite. The hiring managers interview lasted about 45mins.

Interview Questions

• 3 reasons which make you perfect for this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was tough. They didnt budge.But this was probably because I was an intern still coming from college.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Back in the day it was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult at that time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

S&T Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

on-campus first rounds, get called 3 weeks later for full day super day

Interview Questions

• what do u think should be done differently to help improve mkt conditions   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with everyone in the Compliance department. I also interviewed with two senior lawyers in the Legal department, and senior managers in the business areas. I had an interview with the head of the trading room. The Compliance and Legal interviews went well. I found the business people rather arrogant and decided that I did not want to work in that environment.

Interview Questions

• Why should I monitor all the electronic communication in the trading room?   1 Answer

Vice President (IT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in June 2008.

Interview

initial interview is a phone screen. asked about my previous experience and why I want to leave etc.
    It followed by a in-person interview with a managing director and a director. Both of them asked mostly management related questions about how projects are managed. What I would do when there is scope creep etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was negotiated by the recruiter.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

There are three rounds of interview. 1h for each. All three take around 3 weeks. The last one is HR interview. The whole process was relaxd, maybe it's related to the job function. Easy questions about financial market, basic knowledge. The interviewer are very kind.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

7 interviews, 1 external with solic

Asked about previous experiences and what I would like to gain from the internship.
    Passed the first round and added to the shortlist for the final round, but wasn't selected

In the UK, we have significant activities in each of our core business areas.
    Global Investement Management Services
    Securities Services
    Private Banking and wealth Management
    Equipment Finance
    Vehicle Leasing

Interview Questions

• what are the different ways to have to software exchange data.   1 Answer
    • Static String location;
      Static DateTime time;
      Console.WriteLine(location == null ? “location is null” : location);
      Console.WriteLine(time == null ? “time is null” : time.ToString());
      Location is null (reference), print DateTime.MinValue (value)

Answer Question
    • What is the angle between the hour-hand and minute-hand of a clock at 3:15?   1 Answer

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

I applied online via SocGen website and got a phone call after 3 weeks where we scheduled phone interview 1 week later. The interview was with the team leader and apart from my profile the questions were rather technical. I was supposed to get feedback in couple of days, this was postponed twice though (I think they were waiting was someone better despite claiming it is an urgent hire). After the decision, they did not give any feedback. The interview was carried in both English and French (although the position did not require any French and it is not my native language either).

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the formula for equity forward?
      Q: What are parameters of Black-Scholes formula?
      Q: What are the ways to calculate volatility? Describe in detail.
      Q: VBA: What is Option explicit? What is collection?

Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview if you are from different city followed by a face to face. I travelled to banglore to give f2f. Telephonic took around 45min and f2f took around 2 hours. HR was over phone.

Interview Questions

• Mostly around xp practicies, TDD & ATDD practices. Write a code with TDD approach. Explain current project achitecture.   1 Answer