Société Générale

Average Difficulty
125 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Research Analyst () Interview

Credit Research Analyst ()

Interviewed at Société Générale

Interview Details – I applied for few internship roles, was not successfull but CV was stored and HR called me back 3 months later to offer me another role, closer to my previous work experiences and skills set. Took a writing test with 10 questions on calculating basic ratios and metrics (FCF, EBITDA, etc). Then met with two senior analysts via videoconference (was in Paris, job based in London). 10 days later, got a job offer

Interview Question – give a brief financial analysis of this specific company/sector   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a quick session from morning to noon one day. There were 3 rounds in all, 2 with the hiring management and 1 with the HR. Not very tough or inquisitive interview as such. Most of the interviewing managers/staff tend to be developers turned into managers.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult as most of the questions were basic and standard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a decent hike in the initial offer. I countered with my counter offer. 1 day later, they accepted my counter-offer. HR wasn't very strong in negotiating.

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Middle Office Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2010.

Interview Details – A highly professional attitude.

Interview Question – Difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negociation was according to the level of seniority implied by the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Question – All common questions. Nothing new or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details – Online procedure plus numerical test

Interview Question – Situations about your personal experiences   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in October 2013.

Interview Details – Short telephone interview based on the values of the company and asked for examples to show that I was a good fit. The interviewer was very friendly and emailed afterwards to answer a question I had asked during the interview. Overall not that much preparation is needed and I think I didn't show enough motivation and the interviewer was aware that I had applied to a different division.

Interview Question – What do you want to do in the long term? As I had not applied for this position I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in the long term.   Answer Question

Head of Marketing Interview

Head of Marketing
Paris (France)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Société Générale in February 2013.

Interview Details – Most of the interviews are focused on behavioral questions: list instances when you had to do xyz, or can you list examples that proves your qualification in area xyz. There is virtually no problem solving during the interviewing process

Interview Question – Compared to the consulting type of interviews, there are no difficult questions during the process. Really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly efficient but it was driven by senior people.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Société Générale in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick action , online SHL test ,you need to prepare for it if you want to have the interview . Received the interview 2 weeks later after I finish the exam . Regular telephone question why this company why this position challenges how to deal with conflict situation etc. No technical questions . About 2 weeks later I received a reject mail .

Interview Question – Unexpected Question : Did you apply other companies? I tell her the truth I got several on my list . I have a choice to chosen not to tell .   View Answer

Structured Product Pricing Interview

Structured Product Pricing
Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in September 2011.

Interview Details – Presentation of myself and presentation of the company. I met 5 people. Question about option prince sensitivity, mental calculus, and logical.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult if you know options.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details – One numerical test online
one phone interview conducted by hr
and one interview at their london office

Interview Question – Tell me something that is not on your cv   Answer Question