Société Générale Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

one on one with the hiring manager with a written test. After the first round you meet with the hiring manager's boss and then the CIO. If you get to this stage then all is pretty much set. The recruiter negotiated the salary.

Trade Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, then spoke with HR over the phone 2 weeks later. I was then invited into the office to speak with upper management in a 1 on 1 interview the next week. They asked the following questions: What are corporate bonds? Why do finance firms issue bonds? Why are you interested in this position? Why are you interested in this company? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What is a derivative? List as many stock markets that you know. What do you enjoy the most/the least about each of your past 3 jobs? What brought you to NYC? What's your experience with SQL and Linux? I applied to this position on a whim, and I don't come from a computer science/tech background at all so I'm surprised I even got that far in the interview process. Upon realizing that my programming skills were average at best, they chose to move on with other candidates. They asked a few strange interview questions during the process as well.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

very technical with silly questions and the people who interviewed me seemed out of touch with client coverage and market conventions. They were also all guys, mostly French, maybe because I am female, who knows. I was on the trading floor then went to what they called GLFI, whatever that means, on a higher floor.

Interview Questions

• why do I want to work for SG   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 3 interview rounds and took me 2 months process First round was on an campus interview,don't lose hope when you are rejected for the first round.It was very interactive session followed up previous exp questions and behavioral questions with team management. Next two were telephonic rounds each lasted for 30 mins more of technical on java,algorithms

Interview Questions

• 1.what is binary tree? 2.How to write a class 3.What are differences between constructor and class   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was 30 mins first round. The nature of the round was behavioral and resume based. 20 mins interviewer interviewed n later told about the company. Later after the first round one round was telephonic round. Second round came after 3 weeks after the first round but the round is easy to crack.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions like tell about yourself past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY).

Interview

Back to back 3 interviews - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour - Second technical interview 1 hour - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they need you they will hire you

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Questions

• All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a referral from someone in the company, but I still had to go through a quick HR phone conversation. It was pretty simple, basically going over my resume and my relevant experiences. After moving to the next step of the process, I had phone interviews with two other people on the team, and their questions were a little more in depth and technical, mostly giving me scenarios and seeing my thought process and if I am able to think critically. These two phone calls were a little more on the difficult side but just be confident with your answers. Don't be afraid to clarify and ask questions. They like to see that you are engaged and are actively thinking throughout the interview process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview was fairly reasonable. Nothing too bad, generally the expected questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't negotiate a summer internship, dummy

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Behavioral questions and easy technical questions, not very hard. But final did not get the offer.