Société Générale

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Question – All common questions. Nothing new or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had two technical interview one was on phone and other was F2F. then managerial round and 1 HR round. was not so tough. but tricky.

Interview Question – Questions on Sybase : Transaction and locking specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – sometimes internal politics

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer had too much of attitude. He wanted to show off that he is great. More of trying to insult the candidate. Questions were from core java. Like overriding rules, finalize, actions classes provided by struts, when to use them, cloneable, comparable, comparator.....

Interview Question – what is vague reference?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in November 2010.

Interview Details – - HR recruitment team was active and good.
- Technical panel interview was good. Average .NET questions were asked.
- Technical panel was not excited and were just in hurry to complete process.
- No Manager round. Not sure which project you would be in.?
- HR round was as usual. Didn't felt he is excited about his role.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between 'event' and ' delegate ? Also diff between 'ref' and 'out' .   Answer Question
  • Implement/ write detailed Dispose pattern.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2010.

Interview Details – Got call for interview through a consulting, there were two technical interviews, a 1:1 and a group panel interview. Then a managerial discussion and HR discussion. After 4 days, I received the offer.

Interview Question – Mostly Core Java. OOPs concepts and programming. Little about frameworks.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got better offer somewhere else.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked to attend the interview by a staffing agency. the initial round was a 1:1 discussion. I was asked to explain my current project architecture and then some fundamentals. Then I was told to take one more round, which consists of discussion with the Project Manaer as well as with the HR Manager. It happened after a week and the offer was given in couple of days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The offer was good.

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in January 2010.

Interview Details – I have recieved an offer from SG. Would be reviewing it before accepting.

Interview Question – Describe SDLC   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in November 2009.

Interview Details – Hiriing process is simple testing mainly the basic concepts.

Interview Question – What were the major challenges faced during migration of sharepoint server 2003 to MOSS 2007? How do plan to reduce the migration issues between MOSS 2007 and Office 2010.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Société Générale

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Société Générale Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Société Générale employees and interview candidates.