Société Générale

Updated Nov 27, 2014

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2014.

Process is very bad and pathetic ...They took 3 round on same day including HR Round and next they ask to submit document on salary part and some identification document but after that no response till now ...Almost 17 days over... While HR Round he said we will give you confirmation immediately with in 3-4 days... But It is worst company i would say...

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in August 2013.

Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Questions
    • To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Questions
    Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Société Générale in January 2013.

It was difficult .. not so easy as expected..Its a big organisation but it depends on which team you get selected to work. No traveling opportunities. So Its a very good organization to get settle but not for young chaps like me who aspire to travel frequently and learn more.

tight

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in August 2011.

The interviewer had too much of attitude. He wanted to show off that he is great. More of trying to insult the candidate. Questions were from core java. Like overriding rules, finalize, actions classes provided by struts, when to use them, cloneable, comparable, comparator.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in November 2010.

- HR recruitment team was active and good.
    - Technical panel interview was good. Average .NET questions were asked.
    - Technical panel was not excited and were just in hurry to complete process.
    - No Manager round. Not sure which project you would be in.?
    - HR round was as usual. Didn't felt he is excited about his role.

Interview Questions
    • What is difference between 'event' and ' delegate ? Also diff between 'ref' and 'out' .   Answer Question
    • Implement/ write detailed Dispose pattern.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale in November 2010.

I had two technical interview one was on phone and other was F2F. then managerial round and 1 HR round. was not so tough. but tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on Sybase : Transaction and locking specific   Answer Question
    sometimes internal politics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2010.

Got call for interview through a consulting, there were two technical interviews, a 1:1 and a group panel interview. Then a managerial discussion and HR discussion. After 4 days, I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Core Java. OOPs concepts and programming. Little about frameworks.   Answer Question

Got better offer somewhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2010.

I was asked to attend the interview by a staffing agency. the initial round was a 1:1 discussion. I was asked to explain my current project architecture and then some fundamentals. Then I was told to take one more round, which consists of discussion with the Project Manaer as well as with the HR Manager. It happened after a week and the offer was given in couple of days.

The offer was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in January 2010.

I have recieved an offer from SG. Would be reviewing it before accepting.