Société Générale Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy Interview process. They call every person and waste their whole day for interview no screening of resume takes place. I cleared all the rounds but finally manager was reluctant about salary. Finally HR round HR told me the pre written lines will get back to me after day and they never turn up. But technical panel was quite good and friendly but Manager/HR are always political and diplomatic people from companies like Infy and Wipro are spoiling Investment Banking environment.

Interview Questions

• 1:Singleton Design Pattern. 2:MVP pattern 3:basic DB questions like Indexing,small queries. 4:Basic programming questions (Group by,Avg salary) 5:Delegate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Position was for .net project 2 technical round As the project for which they were hiring was windows projects so most of the questions were on C# concepts like primitive data types, delegates events, garabage collection, value type ref type...some problem solving programming questions like fibonacci series etc. Some basic questions on DB ...queries, sp, function etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial.It took whole day to complete all 3 interview, after that HR asked for my document and other details over mail.With constant follow up with the HR and recruiter on 6th Jan 2015 the told that they do not have any position to map my profile.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Process is very bad and pathetic ...They took 3 round on same day including HR Round and next they ask to submit document on salary part and some identification document but after that no response till now ...Almost 17 days over... While HR Round he said we will give you confirmation immediately with in 3-4 days... But It is worst company i would say...

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Questions

• To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

1 technical, 1 managerial , 1 HR that's it. Went to company early in the morning before my time of slot and got my slot early. Went through one technical one Managerial and one HR round. They said they will release the offer letter same but they didn't. they take hell lot of time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for good pay. They will give you as per your expectation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Société Générale in January 2013.

Interview

It was difficult .. not so easy as expected..Its a big organisation but it depends on which team you get selected to work. No traveling opportunities. So Its a very good organization to get settle but not for young chaps like me who aspire to travel frequently and learn more.

Negotiation

tight

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Société Générale in August 2011.

Interview

The interviewer had too much of attitude. He wanted to show off that he is great. More of trying to insult the candidate. Questions were from core java. Like overriding rules, finalize, actions classes provided by struts, when to use them, cloneable, comparable, comparator.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

- HR recruitment team was active and good. - Technical panel interview was good. Average .NET questions were asked. - Technical panel was not excited and were just in hurry to complete process. - No Manager round. Not sure which project you would be in.? - HR round was as usual. Didn't felt he is excited about his role.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between 'event' and ' delegate ? Also diff between 'ref' and 'out' .   Answer Question
    • Implement/ write detailed Dispose pattern.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

I had two technical interview one was on phone and other was F2F. then managerial round and 1 HR round. was not so tough. but tricky.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Sybase : Transaction and locking specific   Answer Question

Negotiation

sometimes internal politics