Société pour l'Informatique Industrielle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Software Engineer Interview

Java Software Engineer
Sophia Antipolis (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société pour l'Informatique Industrielle.

Interview Details – 1 interview on the phone beforehand with the contracting company and then 1 preparation interview with the contracting company on-site. Finally, 2 interviews with the customer on-site. Hotel and flight accommodations were being paid for by the contracting company.

Interview with the customer was technical and personal where as the interview with the contracting company was just paperwork basically.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular (which is now something I look after in an interview), the interview with the contracting company is just a formality: the end customer is the one who decides.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given the lack of experience, I didn't manage to negotiate a lot but if you think about getting a job there, I suggest you push it to the furthest limit.

Real negotiations will only begin once the customer has given his green light for you so the contracting company has no interest in loosing you. Considering how much they are billing you, push it over and over.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Web 2 0/UI Engineer and Consultant At Amadeus Interview

Web 2 0/UI Engineer and Consultant At Amadeus
Sophia Antipolis (France)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Société pour l'Informatique Industrielle in February 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a SII HR Consultant who told me they had two positions open at the international R&D centre of their customer (Amadeus, worldwide leader in the Travel and tourism industry / airline companies) and asked me if I could be interested. I said yes, so on the same day they sent me an email with more information about the positions and because I confirmed my interest in both of them, they presented my application to the Amadeus Managers.
After one week they told me that I had been short listed for a face-to-face interview with an Amadeus manager, which was to be scheduled one week later. They asked for my availability to reach their Sophia-Antipolis, France office and booked a flight to Nice and a hotel room at Nice Airport Ibis Budget hotel for me at their expense. I was picked up at 9.30 AM at the hotel by a SII Business Engineer who drove me all the way to their office in Sophia-Antipolis. In the morning I was trained for the interview for about one hour by the SII HR Consultant who prepared me very thoroughly to talk about my academic and work experience. Later the SII Business Engineer explained to me very carefully all the details about working for their company and how the customer is organized internally, then he drove me to the customer's office and stayed with me throughout the interview.
The Amadeus manager who interviewed me had a blank face and would not let anything show so I that I had no clue what he might be thinking about me. He started off telling me a little about the position and the group of people I would be working with, then he let me tell him about my experience and finally he asked me a few general questions about programming (very basic Java questions, some also related to HTML5 and CSS3).
On the very next day I received a phone call from the SII Business Engineer who told me I had been selected and that the Amadeus manager would like me to join his group.

Interview Question – What is the latest technical book or article you read?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because I do not feel it is the best fit for me at this time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Société pour l'Informatique Industrielle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Société pour l'Informatique Industrielle interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Société pour l'Informatique Industrielle employees and interview candidates.