Social Security Administration Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Social Security Administration in September 2014.

I applied for the contact represtitive back im March and was contacted for an interview 3 months later. When I went to the interview I was fretted and given a quick introduction about the position and then was given a rundown of the agenda for the day. I was then take to where I would be interviewed. It was by 2 people and after the interview I went to get fingerprinted and that was it. I was told I would be contacted soon.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to face adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in seven years?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a rude customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2014.

The hiring process took approximately 2 months. I submitted an online application and was contactd within one month. The interview was a panel with about 8 behavioral questions lasted for an hour or so. The atmosphere was good and relaxed. A couple days later I was asked to come in for fingerprints and a month later I was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly about experience and education.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2009.

Took several months from application to hiring. Fairly onerous set of questions. Process seemed to be geared toward screening by Personel, who then forwarded only a few prospective candidates for interviews. Interview was informal for me, but other interviews of co-workers involved 2 or more interviewers who asked pointed questions. General approach is 'by the numbers', so one should pay careful attention to the initial questions on the job questionaire (several essay style answers, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very informal and friendly. I was solicited to apply for the position, so the biggest hurdle was getting past the Personell screeners who score the initial questionaire.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, rather, simply a request to accept or decline. Very inpersonal.

Worked for Social Security Administration? Contribute to the Community!