Social Security Administration

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration in September 2009.

The environment is pretty relaxed, mostly female and usually friendly Just be honest and speak in a conversational tone. You will probably interview with the Operation Supervisor and District Manager. Relay how much you like or believe in public service and helping people.

Interview Questions
  • You will probably be given a writing sample and scenario-based question to solve. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult person, client, or customer and how did you handle it?

What is your customer service approach, when dealing with diverse members of the public?
      View Answer
This is entry level job, get the experience and federal entry gateway, then move on or up asap.

Other Interview Reviews for Social Security Administration

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2010.

At the time I applied there were 4 supervisor asking general questions, some leading to personal questions. Then for the phone a supervisor calls and acts as a client and they see how you handle the client.

Interview Questions
    • If you were going to a concernt to hear your favorite group somewhere far, and its during work schedule, you would you go to the concert or show up for work?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration in February 2014.

Resume was submitted through a third party. I received a call the same day my resume was received, (not typical). Interview was set for four days out from that date. Upon arrival you musts sign a document regarding criminal past, delinquent federally subsidized loans etc.. The interview was conducted by the Area Director, His second and another manager. It was a somewhat relaxing atmosphere and the interviewers do their best to make you feel at ease. The interview was divided into 3 parts. First they ask about you with questions about your past work experience. They also asked what I knew about Social Security and what the administration does. Second they ask behavioral interview questions in a round robin style, each person asking a question in turn. Be prepared for this. If unfamiliar with these, research them. It is a big part of the interview. Lastly, they give you something to read and familiarize yourself with. They then role play a client and you must use the info to correctly handle the situation. After the interview is concluded they told me I would hear back from them in 3-4 weeks. If I was selected for the job, I would come in for full background check, fingerprinting etc. I am still waiting to hear back. It has been just about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I did my homework and was prepared for all the questions asked. I researched Social Security and matched real life scenarios with all possible types of behavioral interview questions prior to the interview. I recommend you do the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

Submitted my resume via USAJobs, was emailed saying that my information was referred to the agency, about three weeks later I received a call to set up an interview. The interview started with them telling me about the job benefits and pay, and a few warm up questions about my personality traits. After that, the interview was a panel interview with round robin behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straightforward questions, the only one I had to think about for a few seconds was to tell of a time that I had to deal with someone that was from a different background than I was that had conflicting view points and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

I applied for this position in February 2014

I received a call last week (Mid April) from the administration informing me about the position opening and my referrals acceptance (this is from a pathways recent graduate offering from U.S.A Jobs). We set up an interview for yesterday over the phone. The interview consisted of three phases - First, one gentleman informed me about the position duties and asked if I had any questions, this took about fifteen minutes. Next, another gentleman asked me a series of behavioral based interview questions, this took between 10 and 20 minutes. Finally, a lady conducted a portion of the interview that required me to navigate the SSA.gov website and answer a few questions as if they were a caller. They then said that was all they needed, asked if I had any questions, and informed me that the recruiting team would be contacting me in a few days to let me know the decision either way.

About an hour after the interview I received a call in which they informed me that they would be sending me a fingerprint test in order to conduct a background check.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions are somewhat difficult if you are offered a situation that you can only loosely relate to. I cannot recall the specific questions and do not want to be misleading   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration in June 2014.

I applied online the end of June and was called 2 weeks for a interview. Completed the panel interview and was then given 8 questions to answer with a short. Paragraph. Afterwards, was sent for fingerprints and background check. I was told that I were contacted within 2 to 4 weeks but never heard back from the organization.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have a customer that does not speak English? How do you handle difficult situations? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Social Security Administration in September 2014.

I applied for the contact represtitive back im March and was contacted for an interview 3 months later. When I went to the interview I was fretted and given a quick introduction about the position and then was given a rundown of the agenda for the day. I was then take to where I would be interviewed. It was by 2 people and after the interview I went to get fingerprinted and that was it. I was told I would be contacted soon.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to face adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in seven years?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a rude customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Contact Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration in May 2010.

I weas calle after I applied. There was a phone interview with apanel. They asked about 8 challening questions. Some were situational.

Interview Questions
    • What are your greatest strenghts and weaknesses?   View Answer
    • What are your greatest 3 accomplishments?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I knew what the sdalary was and I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2010.

The interview consist of 2 managers asking situation questions. Basic questions like customer service, strength/ weakness. Have your references ready because they will call. Be ready to get finger-printed.

Interview Questions
    If you are unclear about the salary schedule, ask questions.