Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

It was a panel interview. The interviewers each took turns asking me a series of questions. The only negative experience I can recall was having to wait for my interview (which I was on time for) because another candidate showed up late. This was my first-panel interview, so initially I was overwhelmed. After a few minutes, I noticed that it was no harder than an interview conducted by one person. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager insists you are performing the job incorrectly when in fact you are not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov. took about 1 month received a phone for an interview. Panel interview with a mock call and computer test. Was asked 4 questions. Very relaxed environment. Took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the social security administration   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • think of a time at work or home that u had to make a difficult decision   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from the office after submitted the application on the website 6 days ago and talked for 40 min on the phone and had a site-interview after that. It took 10 days. It was very good experience. People were nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience of conflicts with your co-worker.   Answer Question

Debtor Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position on USAjobs.gov back in April. I was called on August 5th to interview on August 6. I was finger printed interviewed and I shadowed a current employee. The next week my references were checked. I am currently still waiting to see if i will receive an offer. The interview was a panel interview with 3 ladies who were very friendly and informative.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in July 2015.

Interview

Relaxed setting, interviewed by a three person panel. Briefly introduced me to the position and what a typical work day would be, as well as salary info. Mostly hypothetical questions and general personality questions. I saw a posting on Facebook that they were hiring for the position, sent my resume via e-mail, the contacted me immediately and I had my interview two days later. Everyone was very nice and made me feel welcome. They also expressed a sincere desire to help their clients, which made me want to work there even more. I just did the interview today, so I will update later on whether or not they offer me the position. They said I should hear within two weeks. A little background is that I have no professional work or military experience. Recent college grad with bachelor's degree in the health and human services field. At the end of the interview I was told that I did really well and that they are only interviewing a few people for the position, which makes me feel a little more confident considering my lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions already listed in the other reviews. Department store return, short-handed gas station hypothetical with the perishable truck outside, what information would you ask for to determine if someone is the real biological father of a child? The last question threw me for a second, I asked for a genetic test but I think they were more looking for birth certificate and things like that lol.   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration in July 2015.

Interview

Received a phone interview about three weeks after applying. The interview lasted about 30 mins long. There were three people on the conference call and they all took turns asking a total of 8 scripted behavioral questions (e.g., describe a conflict that you had with a coworker and how you handled it; describe a time when you disagreed with a supervisor's course of action and how you handled it; discuss a time when you were given more work than you had time to complete and how you handled it, etc.). Still have not heard back about whether I received an in-person interview but I was told that if I received one, the in-person interview would be scheduled two weeks from my phone interview.

Legal Assistant, Case Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Dayton, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Three panel interview, no difficult questions, lasted about half an hour. Have yet to hear back from them, but I'm not waiting around, I have already started to search for other jobs.

Humans Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Three person panel, each person questioned you. Asked performance based questions. Focused on MSPB and arbitration experience. Each person was very friendly and they also asked me for a writing sample before the conclusion. I am a federal employee and they questioned me about that experience too.

Interview Questions

• Having a union background, do you think you could think from management's perspective?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. Panel of 3 people with 6 questions each. I was well prepared for the questions, and the interview lasted 20 minutes. I asked about when I would hear back from the panel, and they said it could be a few months because of budgeting issues.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to use EQ. Give three words that describe who you are. How do resolve conflict? Where do you see yourself in five years. Tell us something about yourself. What drew you to apply to the SSA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with Two Individuals with questions moving from one to another and in a closing question I was asked a specific question related to SSA applications with three possible answers.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a customer who is highly upset? How would you deal with a complex issue that your client may not understand?   Answer Question