Social Security Administration Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
71 interviews

2.9

Attorney Advisor Interview

I am a consultant in public administration. I run the procedure for issuing residence permits to foreigners in the country.

Attorney Advisor Interview

Communication via e-mail, telephone and in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • Had interview with the Chief Judge of the office - mainly questions about my prior experiences and behavioral style questions.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Hiring process Took 8 months from the time I submitted an application to the time I was hired. There was little to no communication during this time and I was eventually called with an offer.

No negotiation

Contact Representative/Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Emailed my resume. Was contacted within 2 weeks. Interview by a panel of 3. Was called by director day of first interview who asked if I wanted to be considered for another position she thought I'd be perfect for. I agreed and was invited for the second interview . Had the second interview 2 weeks ago and was told they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were great because they were challenging. "Tell ,me of a time your strength helped you with a project and consequently tell me of a time when your lack of strength in an area was detrimental to a project"   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration.

After taking the test there was only one interview. Two people interviewed me and it wasn't intense at all. It was a very relaxed atmosphere but it definitely left me guessing as to whether or not I would get the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. If anything they were typical: best experience, worst experience etc....   View Answers (2)

Attorney Advisor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Applied on USA Jobs. Received email that phone interviews would be held during three days, and that they would call me at some point during those three days. Interview lasted 15 minutes. The interviewers read from a script. Standard questions - why do I want to work in public service/SSA and some behavioral questions. Interview was almost 3 weeks ago -- haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral questions about managing your workload and disagreeing with superiors   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Applied online through an agency, had 3 phone interviews and 1 face to face all within a month. Couldn't tell if it would be general or technical interview so had to prepare intensively because I was coming from a different background but same position.

Interview Questions
    • Had to relate what I do in my old job to what the job description was.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in August 2009.

Took several months from application to hiring. Fairly onerous set of questions. Process seemed to be geared toward screening by Personel, who then forwarded only a few prospective candidates for interviews. Interview was informal for me, but other interviews of co-workers involved 2 or more interviewers who asked pointed questions. General approach is 'by the numbers', so one should pay careful attention to the initial questions on the job questionaire (several essay style answers, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very informal and friendly. I was solicited to apply for the position, so the biggest hurdle was getting past the Personell screeners who score the initial questionaire.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, rather, simply a request to accept or decline. Very inpersonal.

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in July 2010.

The Social Security Administration usually likes to hire from campuses. In the New York City area, they do a lot of hiring from St. John's University, Queens College and Stony Brook. Hiring managers appear at the job fairs to accept resumes. They hire people of all majors and backgrounds. In the summer, they will send potential candidates an email inviting them to take a test in one of the Federal buildings in Manhattan. They also include sample questions and answers for the test. As long as you understand the sample questions, the test actual test is very easy. If you pass the test, they'll call you to tell you that you passed and they'll invite you to an interview. The interview session is pretty lengthy because you'll be meeting with multiple people. The interview is very casual and they do most of the talking, explaining what the job entails.

Interview Questions
    They let me choose two start dates, as there were two batches of new benefit authorizer trainees. This varies every hiring phase.

Reader Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Social Security Administration.

My position is contingent on the person that Im' assisting liking me, and often is recommended by that person. I had one interview. A reader assistant helps a totally blind person.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question I had to answer is , "Why would I want such a low paid position when I am close to graduating with a Master's Degree.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. Government jobs are pretty set, and there are only two classifications for my position.

Worked for Social Security Administration? Contribute to the Community!