Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

I am a consultant in public administration. I run the procedure for issuing residence permits to foreigners in the country.

Attorney Advisor Interview

Interview

Communication via e-mail, telephone and in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Had interview with the Chief Judge of the office - mainly questions about my prior experiences and behavioral style questions.   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Applied on USA Jobs. Received email that phone interviews would be held during three days, and that they would call me at some point during those three days. Interview lasted 15 minutes. The interviewers read from a script. Standard questions - why do I want to work in public service/SSA and some behavioral questions. Interview was almost 3 weeks ago -- haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions about managing your workload and disagreeing with superiors   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Hiring process Took 8 months from the time I submitted an application to the time I was hired. There was little to no communication during this time and I was eventually called with an offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online through an agency, had 3 phone interviews and 1 face to face all within a month. Couldn't tell if it would be general or technical interview so had to prepare intensively because I was coming from a different background but same position.

Interview Questions

• Had to relate what I do in my old job to what the job description was.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

After taking the test there was only one interview. Two people interviewed me and it wasn't intense at all. It was a very relaxed atmosphere but it definitely left me guessing as to whether or not I would get the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. If anything they were typical: best experience, worst experience etc....   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Emailed my resume. Was contacted within 2 weeks. Interview by a panel of 3. Was called by director day of first interview who asked if I wanted to be considered for another position she thought I'd be perfect for. I agreed and was invited for the second interview . Had the second interview 2 weeks ago and was told they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were great because they were challenging. "Tell ,me of a time your strength helped you with a project and consequently tell me of a time when your lack of strength in an area was detrimental to a project"   Answer Question

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Clifton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position 12/2014. Called back for an interview 02/2015. Finger printed the same day. Interview process lasted about an hour and a half. Interviewed by two individuals. Documents were referred to hiring officials, but not selected at the time. No explanation provided for non selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful time in your life, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Interview

Do NOT bother applying if you are NOT a Veteran. I read all of the reviews on glassdoor and applied through USAJOBS. This job was posted as a (recent grad) position which means that anyone with a college degree has a chance. I have solid work experience and was expecting to at least get a chance for an interview. No response back after a month so I called the contact person on the online application to get feedback. She was very nice and stated that "You have not been selected to be interviewed nor do you have any chance of getting an interview as all of the candidates selected for the interviews are Veterans. They get priority". I understand that I was not selected for the interview as there may of been better qualified people but having ALL Veterans get interviews only for their status means they don't care if you have an education as long as you were a Veteran. Good luck to all of us when we need Social Security Benefits/Claims.

Contact Representative Interview

Interview

The process was fairly easy, interviewed by two people, they both asked behavioral based questions. The interview lasted about an hour. They both explain the job title detail very well. Overall positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a co-worker with different work values to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

GS 5