Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Applied online at USAjobs.gov in Dec 2014 got called for interview in a month. Met with two people, they were very nice but I couldn't get a read off them as to how I did. Still waiting for reply

Interview Questions

• They asked mainly behavioral questions. Give an example of a stressful suituation and how did you handle it.
      Name a time you and another employee had a conflict.

Answer Question
    • Gave me a passage to read for 5 min them asked me to explain   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Interview

The process was fairly easy, interviewed by two people, they both asked behavioral based questions. The interview lasted about an hour. They both explain the job title detail very well. Overall positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a co-worker with different work values to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

GS 5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied 12/2014. interviewed 2/12/2015. received phone call for employment offer today 3/27/2015. I am a serice-connected, air force veteran and also working on MSW. They said they will start notifying those who were selected by the end of March, so i'm assuming many of you will be receiving calls in the next few days/weeks! Good luck to you all!

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a panel of 2. In jersey City. The questions were basic opm questions About deadlines, accomplishments and difficult situations. They took lot's of notes. No offer yet, but i was fingerprinted and they called my references. The panel was nice, we had some very funny moments.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you've ever had to do?
      Tell me a time when you didn't accomplish a goal. Tell me a difficult coworker situation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov back in December 2014 the process took about 1 1/2 months to be contact by SSA (the interview process) at Social SECURITY Administration was three hours common questions that was asked are behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Two interviewers; meet and deal interview. Asked behavioral questions and situational questions about situations you were in and how you handle the situation and what was the overall outcome. Was then told about the position and what to except in a daily work atmosphere at Social Security   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled an interview appointment with other qualified individuals (recent grad's) asked me about about behavioral questions, time management, and priority questions at the workplace. They also asked how I would with a co worker whose not working efficiently.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how would you deal with a variety of tasks you need to complete?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

After requested documents were collected, I was interviewed by two managers. They gave a description of the job and explained the interview process which includes going through scenarios a claims representative may face on the job, like a role play to demonstrate how I would handle the situation. Some interview questions include describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to help an irate customer.
      What was the most difficult decision you've had to make?

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration (Clifton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position 12/2014. Called back for an interview 02/2015. Finger printed the same day. Interview process lasted about an hour and a half. Interviewed by two individuals. Documents were referred to hiring officials, but not selected at the time. No explanation provided for non selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful time in your life, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through USAJOBS for the position around February , then got a interview request 2 weeks later. Then after the interview, apparently they were still doing interviews until late march after my interview (which was late February).
    It took over a month before they call me back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Some of them were common interview question you would find at other job interview like your strength and weakness, etc. Others were kind of common sense if you had genuine interest in getting along with people and not creating conflict.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration in January 2015.

Interview

I received a referral from a friend who already works there. It was a VRA hire. Sent my application packet and received a call back a couple of days later. I was sent a pre-employment packet and had a couple of days to complete it. Got a call from the Atlanta office with their credentialing an then was scheduled for a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty brief and was told that they are hoping to finish the on-boarding stuff by the end of february.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me 3 questions after explaining what the job duties are. What are your experience in dealing with the public (job duties)? Have you ever experienced when a customer was upset what did you do? How have you handle conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question