Social Security Administration

Average Difficulty
66 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

Interview Details – Fairly standard behavior questions...describe a time when you had to deal with "X", what actions you took, and the outcome. The interview was conducted in a panel setting with three management representatives taking turns asking the questions. Overall the interview was conducted in a relaxed setting and more of a conversation tone than an adversarial format.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you faced, the actions you took, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Social Security Claims Representative Interview

Social Security Claims Representative
Queens Village, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online got called for interview 3-4 weeks later. Interview was basic with personality questions than 3 behaviorial questions. Very basic and relaxed setting they try and make you feel at ease with makes it more comfortable.

Interview Question – All very basic questions was expecting all of tham. what would you do if you were interviewing a client and her children were interrupting the interview? Describe a time when you had to multi task and prioritize important tasks   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Contact Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume via USAJobs, was emailed saying that my information was referred to the agency, about three weeks later I received a call to set up an interview. The interview started with them telling me about the job benefits and pay, and a few warm up questions about my personality traits. After that, the interview was a panel interview with round robin behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Fairly straightforward questions, the only one I had to think about for a few seconds was to tell of a time that I had to deal with someone that was from a different background than I was that had conflicting view points and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview Interview

Queens Village, NY

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call from an interview scheduler 6 weeks later. Interviewed by the panel of just 2 people. Have a positive impression about an interview and a shocking experience with the decision which I received by email 4 weeks later. It states: You are ineligible because you have not successfully demonstrated the ability to meet and deal with the general public and have received an unacceptable rating from the meet and deal interview panel.
This decision could not be based on any of my answers. The only explanation for this statement – the personal dislike for ant reason.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, behavioral questions. Example:
1. You are interviewing a mother with 3 kids and kids are extremely noisy and destructive. How would you deal with this situation?
2. You have completed an interview but the interviewed person is not leaving and continues to talk to you. What will you do?
3. A person is complaining that she applied several times did not received her benefits. She states that she may attempt to commit suicide if her case will not be resolved. What will you do?
  Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process took approximately 2 months. I submitted an online application and was contactd within one month. The interview was a panel with about 8 behavioral questions lasted for an hour or so. The atmosphere was good and relaxed. A couple days later I was asked to come in for fingerprints and a month later I was presented with an offer.

Interview Question – The questions were mostly about experience and education.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Contact Representative Interview

Contact Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this position in February 2014

I received a call last week (Mid April) from the administration informing me about the position opening and my referrals acceptance (this is from a pathways recent graduate offering from U.S.A Jobs). We set up an interview for yesterday over the phone. The interview consisted of three phases - First, one gentleman informed me about the position duties and asked if I had any questions, this took about fifteen minutes. Next, another gentleman asked me a series of behavioral based interview questions, this took between 10 and 20 minutes. Finally, a lady conducted a portion of the interview that required me to navigate the SSA.gov website and answer a few questions as if they were a caller. They then said that was all they needed, asked if I had any questions, and informed me that the recruiting team would be contacting me in a few days to let me know the decision either way.

About an hour after the interview I received a call in which they informed me that they would be sending me a fingerprint test in order to conduct a background check.

Interview Question – The behavioral questions are somewhat difficult if you are offered a situation that you can only loosely relate to. I cannot recall the specific questions and do not want to be misleading   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

Interviewed at Social Security Administration

Interview Details – Applied online through an agency, had 3 phone interviews and 1 face to face all within a month. Couldn't tell if it would be general or technical interview so had to prepare intensively because I was coming from a different background but same position.

Interview Question – Had to relate what I do in my old job to what the job description was.   Answer Question

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview Details – Applied on usajobs.gov. Received a call month later to come in for a panel interview. Interview was very structured including behavioral and situational questions( an hour long). Received a call to come in for fingerprints a couple of days later.

Interview Question – The most stressful situation in your life.   Answer Question

Attorney Advisor Interview

Attorney Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview Details – Applied on USA Jobs. Received email that phone interviews would be held during three days, and that they would call me at some point during those three days. Interview lasted 15 minutes. The interviewers read from a script. Standard questions - why do I want to work in public service/SSA and some behavioral questions. Interview was almost 3 weeks ago -- haven't heard anything.

Interview Question – Some behavioral questions about managing your workload and disagreeing with superiors   View Answer

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Social Insurance Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview Details – Phone interview was conducted. I received an email 1 week later stating that I was in the 2nd phase of the interview process and for me to complete fingerprints and background check.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just describe a time.... questions.   Answer Question