Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a panel of 2. In jersey City. The questions were basic opm questions About deadlines, accomplishments and difficult situations. They took lot's of notes. No offer yet, but i was fingerprinted and they called my references. The panel was nice, we had some very funny moments.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you've ever had to do?
      Tell me a time when you didn't accomplish a goal. Tell me a difficult coworker situation.

Answer Question

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with Managers. The interview was 1 hour and a half. Behavioral and situational questions. There were 13 questions, keep in mind there is 3 to 4 questions within each question. You must answer every part of the question. You are given time to think before you answer you may have the question repeated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in dealing with difficult customers. Tell me about a hard decision you had to make. Tell me about a time you were overwhelmed with deadlines. What does excellent customer service mean to you. Why do you want to work at SSA. Tell me about your experience in resolving in resolving conflicts with coworkers/supervisors. The last question, I was given 5 minutes to answer, it consisted of me being an expert in something and telling someone step by step in detail how to do it. From what I do remember about the situational ones, if a mom came in with 2 children and she was having a hard time getting through the interview what would you do? What documents would prove that a person is married pictures of the wedding, marriage certificate dated the same year, W2'S, What documents would prove a child lives with their biological father   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled an interview appointment with other qualified individuals (recent grad's) asked me about about behavioral questions, time management, and priority questions at the workplace. They also asked how I would with a co worker whose not working efficiently.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how would you deal with a variety of tasks you need to complete?   1 Answer

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration (Clifton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position 12/2014. Called back for an interview 02/2015. Finger printed the same day. Interview process lasted about an hour and a half. Interviewed by two individuals. Documents were referred to hiring officials, but not selected at the time. No explanation provided for non selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful time in your life, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Benefit Authorizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through USAJOBS for the position around February , then got a interview request 2 weeks later. Then after the interview, apparently they were still doing interviews until late march after my interview (which was late February).
    It took over a month before they call me back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Some of them were common interview question you would find at other job interview like your strength and weakness, etc. Others were kind of common sense if you had genuine interest in getting along with people and not creating conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration (Jamaica, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then called in for an interview. Before the interview they go through the process and tell you how many people you will be meeting with and what kind of questions there will be. They take a lot of notes but they are looking for specific answers to the questions they ask. They are really nice and just ask you the questions that are written on their interview booklet. I was interviewed by two district managers. One was really friendly and the other was nonchalant, but both were very kind.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: name a time you dealt with a difficult situation, coworker, customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

After requested documents were collected, I was interviewed by two managers. They gave a description of the job and explained the interview process which includes going through scenarios a claims representative may face on the job, like a role play to demonstrate how I would handle the situation. Some interview questions include describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to help an irate customer.
      What was the most difficult decision you've had to make?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on usajobs.gov back in December 2014 the process took about 1 1/2 months to be contact by SSA (the interview process) at Social SECURITY Administration was three hours common questions that was asked are behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Two interviewers; meet and deal interview. Asked behavioral questions and situational questions about situations you were in and how you handle the situation and what was the overall outcome. Was then told about the position and what to except in a daily work atmosphere at Social Security   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration in January 2015.

Interview

I received a referral from a friend who already works there. It was a VRA hire. Sent my application packet and received a call back a couple of days later. I was sent a pre-employment packet and had a couple of days to complete it. Got a call from the Atlanta office with their credentialing an then was scheduled for a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty brief and was told that they are hoping to finish the on-boarding stuff by the end of february.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me 3 questions after explaining what the job duties are. What are your experience in dealing with the public (job duties)? Have you ever experienced when a customer was upset what did you do? How have you handle conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Interview

Applied online, and did an over-the-phone interview which ran for about an hour and a half. Two interviewers took turns asking different questions, which included anything from behavioral-based questions to those that require you to explain your experiences.

Interview Questions

• They gave me ten minutes to prepare a long lecture-type speech in which I have to explain any topic of my choice to someone who is not knowledgeable in that particular field.   Answer Question