Social Security Administration Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Applied online through an agency, had 3 phone interviews and 1 face to face all within a month. Couldn't tell if it would be general or technical interview so had to prepare intensively because I was coming from a different background but same position.

Interview Questions
    • Had to relate what I do in my old job to what the job description was.   Answer Question

Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

Submitted my resume via USAJobs, was emailed saying that my information was referred to the agency, about three weeks later I received a call to set up an interview. The interview started with them telling me about the job benefits and pay, and a few warm up questions about my personality traits. After that, the interview was a panel interview with round robin behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straightforward questions, the only one I had to think about for a few seconds was to tell of a time that I had to deal with someone that was from a different background than I was that had conflicting view points and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration.

Applied on usajobs.gov. Received a call month later to come in for a panel interview. Interview was very structured including behavioral and situational questions( an hour long). Received a call to come in for fingerprints a couple of days later.

Attorney Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Applied on USA Jobs. Received email that phone interviews would be held during three days, and that they would call me at some point during those three days. Interview lasted 15 minutes. The interviewers read from a script. Standard questions - why do I want to work in public service/SSA and some behavioral questions. Interview was almost 3 weeks ago -- haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral questions about managing your workload and disagreeing with superiors   View Answer

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Phone interview was conducted. I received an email 1 week later stating that I was in the 2nd phase of the interview process and for me to complete fingerprints and background check.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just describe a time.... questions.   Answer Question

Social Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Social Security Administration.

Submitted application on USA Jobs website, the annoucement closed early as they had received enough applications. Waited 4 weeks from the close of the annoucement and received a call for an interview. Went on interview and the interview is intense.

Interview Questions
    • Described a difficult decision you had to make, and describe how you came to a decision?   Answer Question

Social Security Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Social Security Administration.

Application to USAjobs.com, referral letter, interview. During this period my application status changed from application received, reviewed, and received back again.

Interview Questions
    • How would I help somone who applied for benefits but did not have a birth certificate and she was born outside of the US? or something close to this.   View Answer
    • What would you do or how would you respond if you are busy with your work and someone ask you to help out with a project?   Answer Question

Contact Representative/Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration.

Emailed my resume. Was contacted within 2 weeks. Interview by a panel of 3. Was called by director day of first interview who asked if I wanted to be considered for another position she thought I'd be perfect for. I agreed and was invited for the second interview . Had the second interview 2 weeks ago and was told they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were great because they were challenging. "Tell ,me of a time your strength helped you with a project and consequently tell me of a time when your lack of strength in an area was detrimental to a project"   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Specialist Interview

After taking the test there was only one interview. Two people interviewed me and it wasn't intense at all. It was a very relaxed atmosphere but it definitely left me guessing as to whether or not I would get the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. If anything they were typical: best experience, worst experience etc....   View Answers (2)

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2014.

I was interviewed last week Thursday by a supervisor and a director. They were both nice and I felt really relaxed and at ease. They said they will give me 2 interview questions & 4 situations I need to answer( there's no right or wrong for the situation questions) . I was told it can take 3-6 months to hear from them. This process last about 30 mins. Then I was taken to a different floor for fingerprinting. I'm so anxious I want to hear from them but I know I have to wait, hopefully they will call me before to tell me my results.

Interview Questions
    • If a mom comes in with her 3 small children who are not behaving and I'm not able to conduct the interview, what would I do?   View Answers (2)