Social Security Administration

www.ssa.gov

Social Security Administration Social Security Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Security Analyst Interview

Social Security Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Social Security Administration in June 2008.

Interview Details – I already worked for the agency when I applied for this job as a promotion. Thus, I only had a telephone interview. The process still took a long time because the hiring process at this agency is extremely slow.

Not that I wanted the interview to be excruciatingly hard, but I felt that the interview was too short for them to have a good sense of who I was. I more felt like they just asked a list of questions without really paying attention to my answers.

Interview Question – Can I compute a "WEP PIA" by hand? - This was most unexpected as I was not interviewing for a T2 job; I was interviewing for a T16 job even though I can definitely do T2 comps by hand!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate. The salary is set by Congress and you know what it is even prior to applying.

Social Security Analyst Interview

Social Security Analyst
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Social Security Administration in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was long and lengthy. I had to interview on the phone 2 times before being able to interview in front of a group setting. My veteran status put me on top of the list but there was a GPA requirement of 3.5/ which made me not eligible..

Interview Question – What is your biggest challenge   Answer Question

Worked for Social Security Administration? Contribute to the Community!