Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL

www.swift.com
Engaged Employer

Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.8

Senior Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culpeper, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL (Culpeper, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

First contacted by HR Department for telephone interview. Face to face interview set up at jobsite 10 days later. Contacted 10 days later and was told "good news you're still in the running as candidate." Almost 6 six weeks from start to finish email received that another candidate chosen.

Interview Questions

• Can you show/tell me how you would handle my Outlook calendar (shows the candidate the calendar)   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me your top 3 strengths and weaknesses? Also interviewed by senior management assistant for IT Director and was asked if I could tell her my top 5 strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Do you think you and I would get along if we worked together? (Asked by Senior Management Assistant for IT Director)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Fantastic. HR person and interviewer were fantastic to me. They kept an open line of communication throughout the interview process. Offer was extended to me 2 days after interview with manager.

Interview Questions

• what is a deep copy in C++   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL in January 2013.

Interview

Professional setting while still providing a laid back atmosphere. Straight forward about what expectations are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything happened very quickly and I was able to get all my questions answered before accepting the offer.

Security Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culpeper, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL (Culpeper, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Numerous interviews (4). Starts with phone interview from HR, proceeds to management interview, then back to HR to ensure salary negotiation will work, then back to management for final interview. It took 5 weeks, which I thought was excessive. Lots of waiting in between interviews, but HR is communicative and keeps you in the loop pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job for this one? What value will you bring to the company? What is more important to you, benefits or work fit? How do you feel about a risk averse culture?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL (Manassas, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Situational interview - not much technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward and simple. Not much room to haggle.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL (Manassas, VA) in July 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by Team Lead and one Team member first. Then by the Department Manager. Final salary negotiations done by the HR department

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Mainly technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate about $ 2000 per annum more.

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL.

Interview

very long hiring process

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL.

Interview

Standard hiring process for a western company these days. 1. Online application 2. Phone interview 3. Online English, Arithmatic, Critical Thinking assessment. 4. Face-to-Face interview However, the online system is appalling (another company using Taleo) and may lose your application. The process is extremely long and took over 6 months btween submiting application and receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked 2 really on-the-spot questions. 1. Circle all the words you don't know in Japanese from this newspaper article. 2. What is the most important decision in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was fairly fast. About 3 weeks but that included negotiation for relocation and related expenses.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Interview

Quiz online, telephone interview

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SCRL (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Was informed through a phone call that an interview was in place on a chosen date. Went for the interview with a developer and his manager. Interview was casual and they shared a lot of information about their company. Interview results communicated through phone one week later. No tests or HR interview. The employee are very proud of the quality they deliver and they appreciate loyalty. They were interested in hiring someone who is willing to learn and not someone who claims to be very good at something as it may cause him/her to not want to learn anymore.

Interview Questions

• Nothing uncommon.. But they really want to know why you want to leave your current company since they want loyal employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR rep offered more than expected so no negotiations.