Sodexo Food Service Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sodexo (Davis, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I first looked for salary positions that I qualify for in my field and began online applications. I received a call/email for a scheduled phone interview. That went very well as I seemed to be a good fit "ethically" for the position. I proceeded to a panel interview and with my profession and schooling gave me enough positive vibes to the interviewers. By the end we were all laughing and I felt fairly confident. I got a call about a week later thar I got the position. Know what hospitality means to you. Understand professional safety standards for food and service.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of hospitality?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sodexo (Rockville, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with the GM of one unit, gave a tour of the facility, asked some basic questions and then off to see the GM of the entire contract. Neither GM really gave a damn about you as person, they just needed bodies to fill the positions. The really fluff the job, but once inside, it is whole different ballgame.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the waitstaff if you are short on a given night.   1 Answer

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sodexo in January 2008.

Interview

Applied in January and continued to work with a few different HR reps ( all very kind in voice and seemingly helpful with answers to the questions I had) until a position in my area came about. Working with persons who seem very interested in working with you to achieve the best possible fit was very refreshing. I did all of my interviewing via phone and then finished the paperwork via on-line and throught the mail. Drug testing and other background checks were completed prior to the first day. Overall, the interview process and actual events were smooth - it just seemed like it took forever.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had difficulty getting a co-worker to help you with a project and how did you handle it? What was the end result? How would you handle it differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was an entry level interview and the position was posted and described in such a way that the recuiter actually made it known at the very beginning what the pay and benefits would be. Very up-front - no room for negotiation.

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sodexo in October 2009.

Interview

Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle   Answer Question