Sodexo

5.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo in August 2012.

Did a phone interview with HR. Contacted to do a face-face with Manager. Met with two managers at the same time (no problem with that). Was drilled one situation question after the next for about an hour. Felt the whole process was grueling and unfriendly...boarded on hostile. After the interview was over, one of the managers I was interviewed by just walked away and didn't say goodbye, thank you for coming...nothing. Thought this person was completely rude and unprofessional. Decided that if asked for the second round of interviews, I would decline...because this person's behavior was a preview of how this person would treat me as an employee. As it turned out, I wasn't called back for the second round of interviews. Saw that in this manager's negative behavior. This person's rudeness and body language spoke volumes.

Interview Questions

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sodexo in August 2012.

Contacted by HR and interviewed on the phone. Short time later, I was interviewed in person by two employees, a Director and her "right-hand" person. The interview was grueling with situation interview questions and software skills questions that didn't seem to relate to the job. Didn't mind being interviewed by two people, but, the manner they were asking questions seemed abrasive. After the interview was finished, both walked me out of the office. The Director said goodbye, but her "right-hand person walked away without a word...no thank you for coming in or goodbye...nothing. I thought this was totally rude and unprofessional. I wasn't asked back for the second round of interviews. I got the strong feeling the "right-hand" person didn't approve or like me...which was fine. I can't image working for someone like her. If she was like this on the interview, image how she would treat you as an employee. Felt like I missed a bullet on this one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time a co-worker did something that you had to fix, what was the situation and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Law Department - Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo in February 2012.

First and foremost, the two initial phone interviews went well and was also informative. However, the first onsite interview should have been conducted as a one-on-one session at first so both parties can really get a good feel and full understanding of the candidate and management in a more relaxed environment.

Afterwards, if there is a good fit and the company would like to bring you back for a second round, conduct the next meeting in the same manner or with possibly two other individuals at the most.

Instead, for my very first interview I met with a VP, three managers, and one administrator in the conference room all at once. In saying that, I want to share and recommend a course of action to the Sodexo hiring manager and team.

I'm sure their intentions were to make the interview as comfortable as possible. However, having a group of five individuals starring at you all at once can be a bit of an overkill and overwhelming for anyone, which can lead to an uncomfortable and uneasy experience for the candidate.

I have never in my professional career even as a hiring manager gone through anything like that, and would not recommend that approach during the hiring process. The setting is a bit too much and intimidating even for the seasoned interviewee, which I was not. Unfortunately, this is how I felt during the first onsite interview today.

The reason why I say this is because an employer can really miss out on hiring an effective, experienced and reliable employee. Just my thoughts.