Sodexo

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.6

Dish Washer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sodexo.

The interview seems to have been okay. The process of hiring is kind of complicated to me. Reason being able s that it requires you to dog into your past. That's really not a problem, yet I am at that half of one hundred age and it requires deep thinking.

Barista/Banquet Server Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sodexo.

interviewer really wanted to know pervious experience. Hiring process was fast and working within that week. The manager wanted to know how much experience I had with barista and banquet serving. They still were willing to train but, it was a add bonus that I had the experience already.

Office Clerk Interview

I applied at the office, dresses very professional. I was called in by the hiring manager and me and her had talked for at 15 minutes, very pleasant conversation and once we were done she told me that she would be calling me back. She called me back with that week and I started work.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo.

Two phone interviews, then with client and Sodexo management. Many situation questions were asked. Tell me about a time when you... .. .. The process took about two weeks. They choose the best qualified and schedule interviews. They do post and interview for jobs when they have a potential person in mind.

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Sodexo.

Was called for phone interview and got asked easy questions about past experience and then interviewed with hiring manager. HR was super nice and very friendly. Hiring manager was also nice.

Sodexo uses several steps in their interviewing process and it can take weeks. But I would avoid Sodexo at all costs if you are a RD.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were about past experience and were basic interview questions.   Answer Question

The pay was insultingly low. The offer was ridiculous and I didn't go to college and get an advanced degree to be offered less pay than I made for a part time job in college.

Sodexo is one of the reasons why Registered Dietitians make so little pay, because they offer low pay with little negotiation. Pure joke, I'll never apply to this company again.

Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo.

It started with a phone screening, followed by an interview with hiring manager and finally a panel.
    They provided lots of info to detail what they were looking for.
    The whole process took about a month. They were fast at negotiating salary.

Interview Questions
    • All scripted questions of the behavioral kind.
      Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how you resolved the issue.

Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had multiple competing deadlines of equal priorities. How did you handle all the workload?   Answer Question
    Once I signed the offer accepting my new role as a director, I was then clarified that the role really was to fill in a manager's position; so none of the responsibilities that were discussed during the interview process were actually the ones I got assigned once I started on the job. It was pretty confusing.

Chef Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo.

First there was a phone screen interview from a corporate recruiter. Then I got a call from the District Manager, and we had two casual interviews. Eventually he did a formal interview (see below). The following week, there was another casual interview, and over a week later, an in-person cooking test. They also requested a portfolio, but gave no guidelines for it.

Since they use behavioural interview questions, I assembled a list of 125+ such questions. Although they didn't ask anything from that list, I felt that it really helped me to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Every interview question during the formal interview was a multi-part question.   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo.

Initial communication through email. Very strong positive experience meeting with senior leadership. Office located in a less than desirable area, but overlooked by strong global presence. I met with several members of the team from Human Resources and Operations. Was taken to lunch and dinner and flown down for the interview.

Interview Questions
    They accepted my salary requirements.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo.

This company is such a JOKE!!! I’ve interviewed several times with several Directors and HR. They call at anytime to give a phone interview, they tell you how great you are and they like your management style then complete silence. No job offer and no feed back, they have a very high turnover rate in the Texas area and if they run the company like they treat potential employees I see why they have such a high turnover rate! I look for this company to loose the contract very soon because the hospital they are at are not very happy with their service.
    Don’t bother applying they lead you on for months (in my case it was 6 months) and they refuse to give any feedback after you waste a lot of time with them.

Interview Questions
    • If I ask for a budget what would you include in the report.   Answer Question

Sodexo Response

Jul 3, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about this situation you have described and can ensure you that this is not a typical experience. While the length of the ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo.

Had one phone interview... Waited many weeks for response. Ultimately, had a two person panel interview ( circa 2007 ) that later about 30 minutes. Offered the job within a day. Now a days the panel is about 3 persons strong.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly centered on my technical skills, programming and analysis.   Answer Question
    No wiggle room in negotiations. I was entry level analyst, with avg. technical skills at time.