Sodexo USA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA in August 2011.

submit resume; received call from recruiter, received call from Call center that performed behavioral intervew; received another call from recruiter with results; received an email from assitant to hiring manager to set up face to face interview, participated in panel interview consisting of peers and senior/executive management, recived offer within one week.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral interview questions. Interviewer looking for 3 parts: what the problem was, your solution, and the outcome.

Presented during interview.

Answer Question
Negotiated salary, signing bonus and start date.

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo USA

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA in September 2010.

1 phone interview with recruiter on general background, 2 levels of behavioral question interviews over the phone, then panel interview with 90% behavioral questions as well. I did well on the interviews, but that is because I prepared for hours. You need to have specific examples at your finger tips, and be prepared to answer very specific follow up questions. For the phone interviews, I had prepared answers written on index cards under a dozen different categories ready to go. A few years ago I took a behavioral interview over the phone and "winged it" and it was a disaster. Preparation is the key to succeed in these types of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • give us an example of achieving a successful outcome despite an extremely stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • What type of books or publications do you read to stay current on this industry?   Answer Question
    I was. Know what the general salary requirements are, and you can negotiate within those parameters. They will tell you the parameters early on, tell you that the hiring manager wants to stay within the low end of the range, then ask if that is acceptable to you. I said yes to move the process forward, but when I received the first offer, negotiated for more. Like every negotiation, the best position to be in is to be willing to walk away from the deal.