Sodexo USA Executive Chef Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

i had a phone screen interview followed by a one on one with the district manager where i was given a tour of the operation and was informed about the specifics of the operation, was questioned about my experience,skikk set, size of my present operation,how many employees i supervised, menu selections,food and labour cost related questions, and finally a chef tasting with a mystery basket chef test

Interview Questions

• why would they hire me over other applicants   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo USA

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview

All done over the phone never met an actual person until my first day. Unprofessional second phone interview I was being taped and the machine kept breaking and I had to start over. Interviewer was robotic an uninterested in talking to me acted like she just wanted to get it over with. The third interview the skills part was great. Great person very professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest decision at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sodexo USA (Lewiston, ME) in November 2012.

Interview

4 interviews they were not good explain the challenges facing the department the office seemed cold and unwellcoming

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were difficult nothing that I could not answer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA (Berkeley, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

based on a popularity contest. The company holds interviews after receiving the "politically correct" number of diverse applicants. Then the 'formal' interviews are held, even though the company already knows who is getting placed into the position (especially if it is an internal candidate).

Negotiation

none. here is the salary. Take it or leave it.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview

They are very selective and they get a lot of applicants. Usually you start with a screening process that is done to your application, if selected a recruiter will call you with around 5 basic questions, if not you will not hear anything. After that they pass your application to the hiring manager who will then contact you to do a phone or face to face interview. After that as a chef you my do a bench test or cooking demo, then an offer is made. Its that simple....if you get called.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal, they are pretty hard line on what they will pay a position, best case you can get relocation and thats where you can negotiate things like bonuses and what they cover for your move.