Sodexo USA General Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2014

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Very impressive organization with the hiring and interview process. They call when they say they will. They are very fair in asking same questions to all candidates and very thorough in finding the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Planning stages of a catering event for a management position without catering.   Answer Question

Sodexo USA Response

Feb 27, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're happy you felt the process went smoothly, and you are correct in your statement that we do ask the same questions of all candidates to ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Sodexo USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter then District Manager then panel interview with, client employees. Then another round of interviews with the CEO and then more interviews with the Nursing Director, CFO., Program Manager

Own home and business.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2013.

Responded to APPA posting for General Manager for Facilities. Was called the next business day and had a 30 minute interview screening to determine my interest in the position, location, and salary range. This interview also provided the recruiter with enough information about my background to decide I was a potential fit for the position.

At the end of this phone call, I was sent a link to a Sodexo web site and was asked to complete an application online, and I was scheduled for a 30 minute competency interview the next day.

Sodexo has a very detailed list of competencies for each position with a group of core competencies and some specific to each role. The second interview asked behavioral questions based on the competencies. You can prepare for this interview by thinking about your accomplishments in terms of these competencies and answering in the format they prescribe (I was sent an interview guide).

I am waiting to hear if I will be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you started a project and discovered you were missing a key resource.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2011.

Post on line, phone screen, DM interview, Client/group interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider your one greatest attribute as it applies to this position   View Answer
    none, take it or we will move to next candidate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in September 2010.

Lots of levels of interviews.

Short

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA in March 2010.

phone interview with HR. They rate this somehow and decide to reccomend you or not to the hiring manager. Depending on distance, may do a phone interview with hiring manager and depending on level may interview or meet with client and VPO

Sodexo USA Response

Feb 27, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience! The competency assessment interview completed before moving on to the hiring manager is in place to help us learn about your competencies in relation to the job ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA in March 2009.

The hiring process was long and over drawn. The phone interview was a waste of of time and the asked the same questions as the last two phone interviews.

Interview Questions

After researching the postion I found out the the account was in trouble.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sodexo USA in January 2010.

It contianed the usual questions associated with our company interview process. In addition, hiring manager asked set oif own questions he felt was peritnetn to the position. Advice: practice practice practice. Study up on industry and person doing interview. Keep answers succinct and learn to pivot. Ensure you ask questions to show interest .