Sodexo USA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Conference Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sodexo USA in May 2014.

Unfortunately, Sodexo doesn't treat its candidates with due respect by keeping them informed of the interview process and hiring decision. I was originally contacted by HR in May for a phone screen, but wasn't invited in for an interview until a month later in June. I had to go to their office three times before I finally met with all of the hiring managers -- a clear indication of how disorganized they are internally. I was told the hiring decision would be swift since they needed to staff the position ASAP. Unfortunately, that was not the case. My follow-up emails never solicited a response that indicated when a decision would be made. It's now August 2014 and I've decided to move on. I consider this a blessing in disguise. Do I really want to work for an organization that doesn’t take the time to notify job candidates of its interview process? Their HR and hiring managers must think so little of people that they don’t keep candidates informed of their hiring progress. The way I was treated over the past few months is a reflection of the company’s overall culture.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brockton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sodexo USA in April 2010.

Short interview for High School students looking for a summer job. Show up dressed for business, let it be known that you attend classes and your interest are in a summer job. Read the information on being an employee and get back to your employer on questions you may have about benefits. If you are applying for a career, bring your qualifications and credentials up for discussion.

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview process is a panel interview. Well thought out process. Each member of the interviewing team has specific questions tailored to their discipline and perspective job requirements. Situational questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions have several subsequent questions within the question   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sodexo USA in September 2012.

I got this interview opportunity from a school recruiting. Sodexo inc hired lots of student workers at the minimum rate. The interview questions are really easy. Such as the following:
    can you introduce yourself?
    Can you talk about your resume? they may be interested on your resume and ask your work experiences on the resume.
    Some behavior questions, such as what will you do in some situations? There is no right or wrong answer. They will also make you conduct a online test to test you logic or mathematic skills.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Martin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martin, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Sodexo USA.

There really is no hiring process. If the managers like you, then you will get a job based solely on appearance. I was not asked if I had prior experiences in management or marketing, which the job needed. I was never assigned a position to be my primary job, yet was expected to meet several goals by upper level management.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions only about my application. No real inquires into my experience or skills   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Retail Manager III Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2014.

It took a total of 3 weeks, I went thru a total of 3 long interviews and 3 phone conversations. It was thorough and pleasant, they want to make sure the right person is hired.

Sodexo USA Response

Jul 1, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I appreciate you sharing your interview experience! We do have a thorough process in order to make sure we find the best qualified candidate for each position, so I'm happy to hear you received an ... More

Operations Manager - Education, Dining Services Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2013.

Screening call, then competency interview, then interview with hiring manager. Process is very slow and I am sure that by the time they actually get enough interview candidates lined up, the cream of the crop have already started working somewhere else

Interview Questions
    Salary is already set so little to no room for negotiating up

Sodexo USA Response

Jul 1, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. While a two week interview process may seem lengthy, our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers work to find the best qualified candidate for ... More

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter then District Manager then panel interview with, client employees. Then another round of interviews with the CEO and then more interviews with the Nursing Director, CFO., Program Manager

Own home and business.

EVS Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in April 2014.

You apply online (sodexo careers). Then a human resource officer will contact you and chat about meeting with the general manager of the account. The interview is conducted in the facility they are providing service (aka hospital). The interview is usually around 1 hour long. The general manager has questions given by headquarters and you are rated on your response (scale 1 to 5).

Interview Questions
    • How would you go above and beyond for a patient / customer ?   Answer Question
    • As a manager, how do you know your employees are doing what they are supposed to?   View Answer

I worked there for about 3 years and decided to get a bachelors degree. I was recently contacted by a recruiter with the same position i had 3 years ago with a $2000 increase.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sodexo USA in January 2014.

My interview was not very professional~ the interviewer( and now boss) seemed distracted and uninterested. After I was hired it took over 6 weeks to begin because they repeatedly lost/misplaced important documentation and some had to be resubmitted.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!