Sodexo USA

2.6

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martin, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

There really is no hiring process. If the managers like you, then you will get a job based solely on appearance. I was not asked if I had prior experiences in management or marketing, which the job needed. I was never assigned a position to be my primary job, yet was expected to meet several goals by upper level management.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions only about my application. No real inquires into my experience or skills   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Environmental Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2014.

This process seemed to be very relaxed and well organized, I have not been offered yet but will hope to hear from the hiring team soon. I applied online and then have done the first interview with a recruiter and second phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions to be overwhelming by any means.   Answer Question

Retail Manager III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2014.

It took a total of 3 weeks, I went thru a total of 3 long interviews and 3 phone conversations. It was thorough and pleasant, they want to make sure the right person is hired.

Sodexo USA Response

Jul 1, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I appreciate you sharing your interview experience! We do have a thorough process in order to make sure we find the best qualified candidate for each position, so I'm happy to hear you received an ... More

Conference Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA in May 2014.

Unfortunately, Sodexo doesn't treat its candidates with due respect by keeping them informed of the interview process and hiring decision. I was originally contacted by HR in May for a phone screen, but wasn't invited in for an interview until a month later in June. I had to go to their office three times before I finally met with all of the hiring managers -- a clear indication of how disorganized they are internally. I was told the hiring decision would be swift since they needed to staff the position ASAP. Unfortunately, that was not the case. My follow-up emails never solicited a response that indicated when a decision would be made. It's now August 2014 and I've decided to move on. I consider this a blessing in disguise. Do I really want to work for an organization that doesn’t take the time to notify job candidates of its interview process? Their HR and hiring managers must think so little of people that they don’t keep candidates informed of their hiring progress. The way I was treated over the past few months is a reflection of the company’s overall culture.

EVS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in April 2014.

You apply online (sodexo careers). Then a human resource officer will contact you and chat about meeting with the general manager of the account. The interview is conducted in the facility they are providing service (aka hospital). The interview is usually around 1 hour long. The general manager has questions given by headquarters and you are rated on your response (scale 1 to 5).

Interview Questions
    • How would you go above and beyond for a patient / customer ?   Answer Question
    • As a manager, how do you know your employees are doing what they are supposed to?   View Answer

I worked there for about 3 years and decided to get a bachelors degree. I was recently contacted by a recruiter with the same position i had 3 years ago with a $2000 increase.

Catering Manager Interview

The interview process was a phone screen and 2 face to face panel interviews

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Very impressive organization with the hiring and interview process. They call when they say they will. They are very fair in asking same questions to all candidates and very thorough in finding the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Planning stages of a catering event for a management position without catering.   Answer Question

Sodexo USA Response

Feb 27, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're happy you felt the process went smoothly, and you are correct in your statement that we do ask the same questions of all candidates to ... More

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

I had 5 of interviews. The process began in early November 2013 and I was given an offer in early January 2014. The first and second calls were basic screening calls, third was a phone interview, fourth a face to face, and fifth a phone interview with the head of the dept. The first and second interviews were informal and basic resume review. The third interview was strictly behavioral and I was informed this structured interview is required by HR. The fourth interview was great, I got along very well with the Director and it was more of a conversation, than an interview. The final interview was again, more of a conversation, than an interview. Of all the interviews and conversations, everyone seemed very nice and

Interview Questions
    • Almost each question was the general, behavioral type question - nothing too difficult or unexpected since it was based on experience.   Answer Question

I received a verbal offer and as one should, I made an attempt to negotiate the salary, asked if the offer could be provided in writing, and if I could have the weekend to decide. The response received was that they would not be able to provide the offer in writing and that they would be considering and interviewing other candidates. Reading many blogs and speaking to multiple high executive peers, this was a huge red flag. As a courtesy, I let the HR rep know that I kindly decline.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

The process is very detailed. You have to be patient throughout. They want to make sure they are interviewing everyone and anyone to ensure due diligence is conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about procurement when you don't have anything to do with this area.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation phase. Salary expectations were known; but keep in mind when working on a contract, the monies for salaries are already figured in and you have to either accept that knowledge and show your talents or walk away.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

I got hired after 2 weeks of giving them y resume face to face and my friend who has been working for them referred me with his manager so I think it was an easy process they didn't even interviewed me, they just sent me an email to tell em about the orientation meeting.