Sodexo USA

Average Difficulty
80 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Manager Meeting Services (Corp Accounts) Interview

Regional Manager Meeting Services (Corp Accounts)
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2010.

Interview Details – Asked to stay on after my function was outsourced to Sodexo

Interview Question – Only question I was asked is "what is the lowest Salary I'd be willing to work for"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – poor! No job or role description.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview Details – Interview was a phone interview, then with a hiring manager, then with the clients.

Interview Question – Know safety protocol for emergency situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a call, and asked if 45k was ok that was it

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview Details – Found me on campus, asked if I wanted to work part time for some spare money. I came in and filled out an application. This was before they did background checks, drug testing, or personality screening like they do now. It was much simpler then. I actually worked my first shift before I filled out an application.

Interview Question – There was no question except how much I wanted to make and I said I wanted to make more than the on-campus positions at the school which was 6.50 at the time. They offered me one dollar more than that. I thought that sounded great so I accepted.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Food Service Manager Interview

Food Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview Details – Interviewed with another unit's director and his assistant. Asked very pertinent situation questions and they seemed to be very pleased with my answers. Didn't hear from them for about three months afterwards.

Interview Question – Give me a recipe from start to finish for a soup other than the usual chicken noodle, tomato, etc.   Answer Question

Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sodexo USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty basic. I set up a time via a phone call. Was asked many of the basic interview questions. Nothing special. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – I was not asked anything difficult.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in February 2012.

Interview Details – I knew a friend who was working up there and I gave her my application. Like 3 weeks later the manager called me and told me to come in for an interview. The interview was filled with him asking me questions and then he said if I fit the qualifications he would call me back. He called me back 7:30 that night and told me I had the job.

Interview Question – How do you normally deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very long process, 5 interviews total, job offered 7/11/12, started working 8/10/12.

Interview Question – If you were expected to do something illegal to meet deadline, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation. I was told the salary paid 60 to 65k and although they would like to start at 65k, I would have no room for growth.

Student Manager Interview

Student Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview Details – Job postings will be placed by HR and then communicated at every unit in the area. Internal candidates that had achieved the position of Shift Leader are generally more favorable for management to hire than external candidates, however externals often apply. You must turn a basic resume and information form to HR. The fist interview is with a member of the HR hiring team. Questions are very basic and outline your leadership experiences. Should you pass, you will be asked to interview in front of a panel of 3-6 managers. The interview will last about one hour and many of the questions are scenario based.

Interview Question – What is your definition of a leader and a manager? How are they different?
Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on wage

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2013.

Interview Details – Responded to APPA posting for General Manager for Facilities. Was called the next business day and had a 30 minute interview screening to determine my interest in the position, location, and salary range. This interview also provided the recruiter with enough information about my background to decide I was a potential fit for the position.

At the end of this phone call, I was sent a link to a Sodexo web site and was asked to complete an application online, and I was scheduled for a 30 minute competency interview the next day.

Sodexo has a very detailed list of competencies for each position with a group of core competencies and some specific to each role. The second interview asked behavioral questions based on the competencies. You can prepare for this interview by thinking about your accomplishments in terms of these competencies and answering in the format they prescribe (I was sent an interview guide).

I am waiting to hear if I will be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you started a project and discovered you were missing a key resource.   View Answer

Senior Retail Manager Interview

Senior Retail Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview Details – HR Screening, Panel Interview, Candidate Selection

Interview Question – All Behavior Based Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hardly any room for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sodexo USA