Sodexo USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.6

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview

Very impressive organization with the hiring and interview process. They call when they say they will. They are very fair in asking same questions to all candidates and very thorough in finding the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Planning stages of a catering event for a management position without catering.   Answer Question

Sodexo USA Response

Feb 27, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're happy you felt the process went smoothly, and you are correct in your statement that we do ask the same questions of all candidates to ... More

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview

The process is very detailed. You have to be patient throughout. They want to make sure they are interviewing everyone and anyone to ensure due diligence is conducted.

Interview Questions

• Questions about procurement when you don't have anything to do with this area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase. Salary expectations were known; but keep in mind when working on a contract, the monies for salaries are already figured in and you have to either accept that knowledge and show your talents or walk away.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview

I had 5 of interviews. The process began in early November 2013 and I was given an offer in early January 2014. The first and second calls were basic screening calls, third was a phone interview, fourth a face to face, and fifth a phone interview with the head of the dept. The first and second interviews were informal and basic resume review. The third interview was strictly behavioral and I was informed this structured interview is required by HR. The fourth interview was great, I got along very well with the Director and it was more of a conversation, than an interview. The final interview was again, more of a conversation, than an interview. Of all the interviews and conversations, everyone seemed very nice and

Interview Questions

• Almost each question was the general, behavioral type question - nothing too difficult or unexpected since it was based on experience.   Answer Question

I received a verbal offer and as one should, I made an attempt to negotiate the salary, asked if the offer could be provided in writing, and if I could have the weekend to decide. The response received was that they would not be able to provide the offer in writing and that they would be considering and interviewing other candidates. Reading many blogs and speaking to multiple high executive peers, this was a huge red flag. As a courtesy, I let the HR rep know that I kindly decline.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview

I got hired after 2 weeks of giving them y resume face to face and my friend who has been working for them referred me with his manager so I think it was an easy process they didn't even interviewed me, they just sent me an email to tell em about the orientation meeting.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sodexo USA (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

My interview was not very professional~ the interviewer( and now boss) seemed distracted and uninterested. After I was hired it took over 6 weeks to begin because they repeatedly lost/misplaced important documentation and some had to be resubmitted.

Food Production Manager Healthcare Facility Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA (Kissimmee, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied via Indeed.com...got callback from Corporate office to do phone screen...passed that; waited another week or so to do local phone screen with Manager who will be doing the hiring. Talked to Manager, as arranged, lasted about 40 minutes good exchange of question and answers. No blatantly stupid questions to answer, waited another week to arrange for face-to-face interview with same Manager I did the phone screen with. Manager gave me a tour of the campus and dining areas. Seems the facility is somewhat disorganized and needs a internal and food service upgrade. Waited yet another week to talk to the DIrector of the overall facility. Met with her and the dietitian in the same day...usual interview with a "executive" After all this they had some kind of inspection to prepare for and had to wait to decide on who they hire...never got a call back to say i did not get hired after waiting over 3 weeks...

Interview Questions

• Manager introduced me as "administrator" to the Director, guess that could work!!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

great management and staff. Very professional. They have everything updated on time. They offer great benefits especially if you are a student including one free meal a day, bus passes ect.

Unit Controller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA in November 2013.

Interview

nice people, conversational tone, nothing to write home about, seems like it would be a good job for someone that likes bookkeeping and clerical work, more of a entry-level like job than a career type controller role

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA (Providence, RI).

Interview

Answered classified ad, set up appointment for interview. Filled out corporate application. Talked with Chef/manger gave him resume and spoke about my professional experience. He informed me he was just screening applicants but that he would put my application on the short list for the site GM. Several days later I was recalled to speak with the site GM. He offered me the postion and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall specifics. but i was asked some questions about culinary technique and food handling safety.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sodexo USA in October 2013.

Interview

Phone Call. In Person brief interview. I was hired fairly quickly because I had a professional connection with the boss. He knew my skill set and qualities as a worker already and needed help immediately so my interview process was quicker than usual and not as formal. Was screened by the general manager and then they told me I was hired and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing out of the ordinary. Be yourself and answer questions honestly.   Answer Question