Sodexo USA Interview Questions

2.6

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interviewed by several people, including the site manager and banquet manager.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Applied for position in June, was called a month later for a phone screening. The call went well but it's now been over a month since that call and I've heard nothing. Application status on their website says that applicants are still under review and I haven't received the official declination but after a month of hearing nothing, I am assuming that the answer is no.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer simply asked questions about my experience - did not ask any scenario questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interview was a phone interview, then with a hiring manager, then with the clients.

Got a call, and asked if 45k was ok that was it

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in September 2013.

Applied online, contacted via phone and email to schedule first interview. Contacted within a week to schedule second interview via web.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions are a part of the interview process. Tell me about a time when you had to complete a difficult search for a candidate.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Found me on campus, asked if I wanted to work part time for some spare money. I came in and filled out an application. This was before they did background checks, drug testing, or personality screening like they do now. It was much simpler then. I actually worked my first shift before I filled out an application.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question except how much I wanted to make and I said I wanted to make more than the on-campus positions at the school which was 6.50 at the time. They offered me one dollar more than that. I thought that sounded great so I accepted.   Answer Question

Food Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Interviewed with another unit's director and his assistant. Asked very pertinent situation questions and they seemed to be very pleased with my answers. Didn't hear from them for about three months afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a recipe from start to finish for a soup other than the usual chicken noodle, tomato, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in August 2013.

It is required that you go to the Job site to fill out the application. Once that was done I received a call about a week later asking if I could come in for an interview. The interviewer was very pleasant and thorough when it came to providing information about the Company. The interview itself was about a total of 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions Difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Student Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Job postings will be placed by HR and then communicated at every unit in the area. Internal candidates that had achieved the position of Shift Leader are generally more favorable for management to hire than external candidates, however externals often apply. You must turn a basic resume and information form to HR. The fist interview is with a member of the HR hiring team. Questions are very basic and outline your leadership experiences. Should you pass, you will be asked to interview in front of a panel of 3-6 managers. The interview will last about one hour and many of the questions are scenario based.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of a leader and a manager? How are they different?
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager.

Answer Question
    No negotiation on wage

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2013.

I was working through a temp agency three years later I was hired full time... after accumulated enough hours I was interviewed and then I was offered a job. The hiring process was relatively easy not too much going back and forth having to meet multiple interviewers, because I already shown my work ability.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not too difficult concerning customer service and quality of culinary work. also to include my work history and job availability and duration.   Answer Question
    The manager offered a fair market pay scale

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter then District Manager then panel interview with, client employees. Then another round of interviews with the CEO and then more interviews with the Nursing Director, CFO., Program Manager

Own home and business.