Sodexo USA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.6

Student Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

Job postings will be placed by HR and then communicated at every unit in the area. Internal candidates that had achieved the position of Shift Leader are generally more favorable for management to hire than external candidates, however externals often apply. You must turn a basic resume and information form to HR. The fist interview is with a member of the HR hiring team. Questions are very basic and outline your leadership experiences. Should you pass, you will be asked to interview in front of a panel of 3-6 managers. The interview will last about one hour and many of the questions are scenario based.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of a leader and a manager? How are they different?
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation on wage

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter then District Manager then panel interview with, client employees. Then another round of interviews with the CEO and then more interviews with the Nursing Director, CFO., Program Manager

Own home and business.

Senior Retail Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA.

HR Screening, Panel Interview, Candidate Selection

Interview Questions
    Hardly any room for negotiation.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2013.

Responded to APPA posting for General Manager for Facilities. Was called the next business day and had a 30 minute interview screening to determine my interest in the position, location, and salary range. This interview also provided the recruiter with enough information about my background to decide I was a potential fit for the position.

At the end of this phone call, I was sent a link to a Sodexo web site and was asked to complete an application online, and I was scheduled for a 30 minute competency interview the next day.

Sodexo has a very detailed list of competencies for each position with a group of core competencies and some specific to each role. The second interview asked behavioral questions based on the competencies. You can prepare for this interview by thinking about your accomplishments in terms of these competencies and answering in the format they prescribe (I was sent an interview guide).

I am waiting to hear if I will be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you started a project and discovered you were missing a key resource.   View Answer

Operations Manager - Education, Dining Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in June 2013.

Screening call, then competency interview, then interview with hiring manager. Process is very slow and I am sure that by the time they actually get enough interview candidates lined up, the cream of the crop have already started working somewhere else

Interview Questions
    Salary is already set so little to no room for negotiating up

Sodexo USA Response

Jul 1, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. While a two week interview process may seem lengthy, our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers work to find the best qualified candidate for ... More

Patient Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in January 2013.

5 meetings/interviews in total. Pretty redundant but good process overall

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do two things at once and be successful at them.   View Answer
    Yes. Always negotiate.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sodexo USA in November 2012.

4 interviews they were not good explain the challenges facing the department the office seemed cold and unwellcoming

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were difficult nothing that I could not answer   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sodexo USA in September 2012.

I got this interview opportunity from a school recruiting. Sodexo inc hired lots of student workers at the minimum rate. The interview questions are really easy. Such as the following:
    can you introduce yourself?
    Can you talk about your resume? they may be interested on your resume and ask your work experiences on the resume.
    Some behavior questions, such as what will you do in some situations? There is no right or wrong answer. They will also make you conduct a online test to test you logic or mathematic skills.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2012.

Very long process, 5 interviews total, job offered 7/11/12, started working 8/10/12.

Interview Questions
    • If you were expected to do something illegal to meet deadline, what would you do?   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation. I was told the salary paid 60 to 65k and although they would like to start at 65k, I would have no room for growth.

SRC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2012.

Initial offer was posted on craigslist. The interview took place at a local hospital. The interview lasted only 20 minutes. There was the basic questions such as strenghts and weaknesses but a lot of the questions were aimed at gauging how much you knew about the service industry and especially phone support experience.

Interview Questions
    • How many calls per hour could you handle?   View Answer