Sodexo USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Conference Services Manager Interview

Conference Services Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sodexo USA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Unfortunately, Sodexo doesn't treat its candidates with due respect by keeping them informed of the interview process and hiring decision. I was originally contacted by HR in May for a phone screen, but wasn't invited in for an interview until a month later in June. I had to go to their office three times before I finally met with all of the hiring managers -- a clear indication of how disorganized they are internally. I was told the hiring decision would be swift since they needed to staff the position ASAP. Unfortunately, that was not the case. My follow-up emails never solicited a response that indicated when a decision would be made. It's now August 2014 and I've decided to move on. I consider this a blessing in disguise. Do I really want to work for an organization that doesn’t take the time to notify job candidates of its interview process? Their HR and hiring managers must think so little of people that they don’t keep candidates informed of their hiring progress. The way I was treated over the past few months is a reflection of the company’s overall culture.

Interview Question – No hard questions.   Answer Question

EVS Manager Interview

EVS Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in April 2014.

Interview Details – You apply online (sodexo careers). Then a human resource officer will contact you and chat about meeting with the general manager of the account. The interview is conducted in the facility they are providing service (aka hospital). The interview is usually around 1 hour long. The general manager has questions given by headquarters and you are rated on your response (scale 1 to 5).

Interview Questions

• How would you go above and beyond for a patient / customer ?   Answer Question
  • As a manager, how do you know your employees are doing what they are supposed to?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I worked there for about 3 years and decided to get a bachelors degree. I was recently contacted by a recruiter with the same position i had 3 years ago with a $2000 increase.

Floor Care Specialist ( Facility Maintenance) Trouble Shooter Interview

Floor Care Specialist ( Facility Maintenance) Trouble Shooter
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2011.

Interview Details – very general and formal standard

Interview Question – none was appearedto be hard   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Caterer Interview

Caterer
Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in April 2010.

Interview Details – There was no interview in a formal sense. I was informed by a close friend of openings within his firm, and decided to apply. After applying, I called and arrived several times to discover that my records had been lost or misplaced. After continuously reapplying, I received a phone call roughly three weeks later asking me to start working the next day.

Interview Question – I was never asked any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would highly recommend locating another firm.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!