Sodexo USA Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Conference Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sodexo USA in May 2014.

Unfortunately, Sodexo doesn't treat its candidates with due respect by keeping them informed of the interview process and hiring decision. I was originally contacted by HR in May for a phone screen, but wasn't invited in for an interview until a month later in June. I had to go to their office three times before I finally met with all of the hiring managers -- a clear indication of how disorganized they are internally. I was told the hiring decision would be swift since they needed to staff the position ASAP. Unfortunately, that was not the case. My follow-up emails never solicited a response that indicated when a decision would be made. It's now August 2014 and I've decided to move on. I consider this a blessing in disguise. Do I really want to work for an organization that doesn’t take the time to notify job candidates of its interview process? Their HR and hiring managers must think so little of people that they don’t keep candidates informed of their hiring progress. The way I was treated over the past few months is a reflection of the company’s overall culture.

EVS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in April 2014.

You apply online (sodexo careers). Then a human resource officer will contact you and chat about meeting with the general manager of the account. The interview is conducted in the facility they are providing service (aka hospital). The interview is usually around 1 hour long. The general manager has questions given by headquarters and you are rated on your response (scale 1 to 5).

Interview Questions
    • How would you go above and beyond for a patient / customer ?   Answer Question
    • As a manager, how do you know your employees are doing what they are supposed to?   View Answer

I worked there for about 3 years and decided to get a bachelors degree. I was recently contacted by a recruiter with the same position i had 3 years ago with a $2000 increase.

Floor Care Specialist ( Facility Maintenance) Trouble Shooter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sodexo USA in July 2011.

very general and formal standard

Caterer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sodexo USA in April 2010.

There was no interview in a formal sense. I was informed by a close friend of openings within his firm, and decided to apply. After applying, I called and arrived several times to discover that my records had been lost or misplaced. After continuously reapplying, I received a phone call roughly three weeks later asking me to start working the next day.

Interview Questions
    I would highly recommend locating another firm.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!