Sodexo USA Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

2.7

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter on general background, 2 levels of behavioral question interviews over the phone, then panel interview with 90% behavioral questions as well. I did well on the interviews, but that is because I prepared for hours. You need to have specific examples at your finger tips, and be prepared to answer very specific follow up questions. For the phone interviews, I had prepared answers written on index cards under a dozen different categories ready to go. A few years ago I took a behavioral interview over the phone and "winged it" and it was a disaster. Preparation is the key to succeed in these types of interviews.

Interview Questions

• give us an example of achieving a successful outcome despite an extremely stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • What type of books or publications do you read to stay current on this industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was. Know what the general salary requirements are, and you can negotiate within those parameters. They will tell you the parameters early on, tell you that the hiring manager wants to stay within the low end of the range, then ask if that is acceptable to you. I said yes to move the process forward, but when I received the first offer, negotiated for more. Like every negotiation, the best position to be in is to be willing to walk away from the deal.

Regional Manager Meeting Services (Corp Accounts) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sodexo USA (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

Asked to stay on after my function was outsourced to Sodexo

Interview Questions

• Only question I was asked is "what is the lowest Salary I'd be willing to work for"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

poor! No job or role description.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sodexo USA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

Contacted by HR in March followed a week later with a behavioral phone interview. Didn't hear back for 3 mos & then contacted by HR and the hiring manager. Supposed to have a 1:1 but didn't hear back for 2 weeks when I received a standard not-qualified e-mail. Only seemed to be interested in my previous salary and not at all with my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation wherein the client's policies went against company policy?   1 Answer
    • How much was your most previous salary and what are your salary requirements.   Answer Question