SoftPro

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

Interviewed at SoftPro

Interview Details – I was emailed to setup a phone interview with the HR Manager, and replied within an hour with my answer, only to receive an out-of-office auto reply stating that this person would not be around, or have access to email, until two days later when the call was to take place. Although this was awkward, I had nobody to confirm the appointment with and was left to assume that the time I replied with would be honored.

The call offered many of the standard interview questions - describe what you did in your last job, why you left, what you are looking for, what your salary range is, etcetera. The HR Manager was obviously typing the answers, and I was told that the hiring manager would review them to determine who would interview in-person. I had a very strong feeling that they were trying to set a record for fastest interview, and they weren't interested in what I had to say, despite my experience and skills. They read through their list of questions, and gave no particular indication that they were listening.

Later that day, I took the time to email a thank you note to this person, only to receive yet another out-of-office auto reply. Was anyone home? Who knows.

I have doubts as to whether they offer a great environment - the office was described as open plan, and this is proven to be poor for technical tasks requiring concentration. The HR Manager suggested that they're "a small company, and [they] all pitch in", which is patently false (they're part of a Fortune 500 company) and quite vague, suggesting disorganization. Part of the job descriptions involve these platitudes ("Be an AWESOME Teammate") which I feel are part and parcel of every job, without being said. And they reputedly disallow all references once an employee has left, which surely impairs your career and devalues any experience you might have gained there.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SoftPro in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made after seeing job posted on LinkedIn. I emailed a resume and cover letter to HR. HR followed up with an initial quick phone interview and a few screening questions. Pay was stated to be about the $75k range. HR then arranged a followup phone interview with CTO and a Senior Level technical developer. These were both very bright guys. Good discussion about what I can bring to the company, technology, and strategy. This call went well, and I was invited onsite to interview with the President, CTO, and HR. This was a quick interview. The President spent part of the meeting using her smartphone, could not tell much about her or what she was like. HR asked a few behavioral questions and it was done in about 25-30 minutes. I asked what the next steps were and was told "we don't know". That was very surprising to receive an answer like that. Received a rejection letter in the mail a few days later. Company dress is business casual.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, just typical behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when... etc. Also was asked "why do you want to work here". Fair questions, nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Worked for SoftPro? Contribute to the Community!