SoftRock

Updated Aug 6, 2014

1.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SoftRock in December 2013.

I came across the position opportunity through OrlandoJobs.com. Within 3 days after I submitted my resume, the Department Manager called to schedule my interview for the next day. About an hour before my interview, I found out through email that there would be general interview, followed by a 1 hr Copywriting test.

The general interview was more like the Manager going over my resume with me. I wasn't really asked many questions, and it lasted less than 10 minutes. She then explained exactly what the position, and went over the instructions for the test.I was then taken to the room next door and given the 1 hr Copywriting test that I had to do on a laptop. I had a list of 30 long job ads/descriptions, and I had to pick and write 6 concise job ads from the 30 (as well as explain why I chose the jobs I did).

After the test, the Manager came in, and asked how I felt about the test overall and my initial impressions of the company. I was told I'd hear back soon.

Interview Questions
  • "I see that you don't have much work experience..."

I also wasn't totally prepared for the Copywriting test, and didn't know it would take place on the same day.

Answer Question
There is not really a negotiation phase for this position. Base salary is set, along with hours and commission structure.

Other Interview Reviews for SoftRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SoftRock in May 2012.

Responded to a job ad and scheduled an interview via website. Short interview that consisted of position details like salary, etc, then invited back for group test for writing competency. After writing test, spoke with hiring manager and was able to ask any questions/give feedback and get comfortable with the position, was also asked if I wanted to work full time or part time - they only hire full time now, but I began as part time. Was told that I would be called within a week with an answer. Received call a few days later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from the other individuals that are interviewing for this position?   Answer Question
    There's not much room for negotiation - you're started out at the same base salary as everyone else with opportunity for increases based on job performance over time via reviews. I've had one review and it's turned out very well, and it's a great way to get your foot in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SoftRock in March 2012.

Found an administrative work job online and applied for it. You learn a little bit about the company and see a brief presentation, and they really try to sell you on the culture there. Came in for a quick interview that went over position details and responsibilities, and then was asked to come back to attend a group writing test in the next few days. Was given time one on one with the hiring manager after the test, as was everyone in the group, to ask any further questions about the position. Was told they would make their decision in the next few days and I would receive a callback regardless of whether I got the position or not. A few days later, they called me to offer the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    None, it's pretty straightforward - you're paid a certain amount weekly and have opportunities for raises and health benefits after 90 days. It's a pretty nice package deal for an entry level job - I've just started and the company culture is very welcoming and enthusiastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SoftRock in March 2012.

I saw the job on orlandojobs.com I applied and got an email asking for my resume and to schedule a time to come in for a writing test / interview. At this interview I was with another person and a manager gave me a run down of the job position and how to do it. I took a writing test then met with the same manager afterward. This was 5 minutes long and I was asked how I felt about the position and if I had any questions. It wasn't really an interview.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiations. Pay is the same for all employees starting in that position and the hours are mandatory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SoftRock in January 2012.

For the Copywriter position, I was asked to take a timed writing test to assess my writing skills. The test was manageable and an effective test of my abilities pertaining to the position. After the test, I had a 15 to 20 minute interview with the department manager. He called a week later and offered me the position and the hiring paperwork was done on my first day. The entire process was pretty simple.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straightforward. He asked about my education, experience and work habits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SoftRock in May 2011.

First interview with a hiring manager follow by a writing skills test (different day) and a second interview with the department manager. Both interviews were in person and the writing test was given on a computer the company. I was the only one taking the test and there were no other applicants in either interview.

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SoftRock in April 2011.

Positions are posted on the website, where, after completing basic information and attaching your resume, you are directed to a flash presentation about the company. It explains a little about what they do and the position and department the ad is for. Careful though--half the positions under varying headings are all for the same call center position. After the presentation, you are given a form to schedule an interview within the next two days. The initial interview takes about 3 minutes and you will have to come back for the writing test. When you arrive for the group writing test, the hiring manager will go over some detail about the position and give you an overview of the test. You will have 45 minutes to complete the test. Once completed you will have another 1:1 interview with the hiring manager or another manager. Within a week you will receive a call for a third interview, an offer, or a decline.

Interview Questions
    • You have no experience, what makes you think you can do this job?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Decisions were made on the writing test and a 1:1 interview with the actual hiring manager where salary, benefits, and individual discussion was never had. When you receive a call for a third interview mentioning a job offer, that is the time to discuss any personal concerns with salary, time off, benefits, and hours.