SoftRock

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at SoftRock

Interview Details – There is a 4 step process to being hired at Softrock. First; phone interview. Second; face-to-face interview that last anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes where your background in education and work history is discussed as well as initial description of the job and expectations. Third; Comprehensive interview- a more thorough description of the job and how compensation is structured. Fourth; Test-drive SoftRock- exactly what it implies, you actually get to come in and participate in test driving the position to see if its something you would be not only happy in but successful as well.

Interview Question – The golden question; Tell me a little bit about yourself. This question is not meant to tell about your goldfish, its a verbal resume question. Prepare yourself to be concise, accurate, and engaging.   Answer Question

Job Specialist Interview

Job Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SoftRock in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was very impressed with the interview process. Sometimes it can be overwhelming but I enjoy that they took it in steps. The first interview was more of a meet and greet and I could tell that they were asking basic questions to see if we (the company and I) would be a good fit. I think the toughest thing about the on-boarding process for Softrock is to thoroughly explain what we do, versus what your position would be, the interview process does both of those things seamlessly.

Interview Question – What do you think you could add to the culture? It is such a unique culture here, I didn't know what I could possibly add at that time.   View Answer

Education Advisor Interview

Education Advisor
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at SoftRock in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was a little bit different than normal. I received an email from SoftRock, and then I responded to the email. I then got a text message scheduling my phone interview, and then called in at the scheduled time. At that point I phone interviewed, and then was invited for an in face interview, and tour of the company. After that process was done, I was invited back to Discovery day, where we learned more about the company, and then test drive where we had the opportunity to work a full day at SoftRock.

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions to be difficult or unexpected. The most challenging aspect was Test Drive, when we took live calls to see if the position would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SoftRock in January 2012.

Interview Details – For the Copywriter position, I was asked to take a timed writing test to assess my writing skills. The test was manageable and an effective test of my abilities pertaining to the position. After the test, I had a 15 to 20 minute interview with the department manager. He called a week later and offered me the position and the hiring paperwork was done on my first day. The entire process was pretty simple.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straightforward. He asked about my education, experience and work habits.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SoftRock in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by Softrock and had a phone screening. The phone interview resulted in having me come into the Softrock offices for a 1-hour interview. From there I spent 3 hours in a "Discovery Day" with other candidates learning more about the company. My fourth "interview" was in the form of a full day at the company, known as the "Test Drive" day. The test drive was a deeper explanation of what the company does, as well as the opportunity to actually "test" the job out. At the end of the "Test Drive" day, I was pulled into a one-on-one interview and polled for questions. I was also scheduled to return the following week for a final interview. It was during the final interview where I was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary. I did negotiate my start date, as well as some time off for obligations I had committed to before I was offered the position.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SoftRock in November 2013.

Interview Details – Four Step Interview Process.

Step One: Phone interview with one of the hiring managers discussing skills and qualifications and give an overview to the applicant what the job is about

Step Two : In Office Interview - Meet with one of the Hiring Manages to talk about your self, goals, qualifications and why you would be a good fit for the position and if elected will be invited back for Discover Day

Step Three : Discover Day - A two hour meeting with other Applicants to learn about the company and its history and to ask all general questions about the position and pay rate.

Step Four : Test Drive - A day to actually experience hands the position and to see if the job is something the applicant would like to do and be committed at the job.

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SoftRock in December 2013.

Interview Details – I came across the position opportunity through OrlandoJobs.com. Within 3 days after I submitted my resume, the Department Manager called to schedule my interview for the next day. About an hour before my interview, I found out through email that there would be general interview, followed by a 1 hr Copywriting test.

The general interview was more like the Manager going over my resume with me. I wasn't really asked many questions, and it lasted less than 10 minutes. She then explained exactly what the position, and went over the instructions for the test.I was then taken to the room next door and given the 1 hr Copywriting test that I had to do on a laptop. I had a list of 30 long job ads/descriptions, and I had to pick and write 6 concise job ads from the 30 (as well as explain why I chose the jobs I did).

After the test, the Manager came in, and asked how I felt about the test overall and my initial impressions of the company. I was told I'd hear back soon.

Interview Question – "I see that you don't have much work experience..."

I also wasn't totally prepared for the Copywriting test, and didn't know it would take place on the same day.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not really a negotiation phase for this position. Base salary is set, along with hours and commission structure.

Employment Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SoftRock in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the specialist position through Indeed, and was prompted to call in and speak with a rep who asked me a series of questions very similar to the ones I discuss with my clients. She (the rep) was very friendly and scheduled my Interview promptly and at my convenience (which fell on Friday afternoon). I arrived about a half hour early and walked in to what I thought was the wrong building (checking my GPS!!) noticing everyone in patriotic attire/costumes appropriate for the occasion. I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who notified my interviewer that I had arrived and was seen shortly after watching a video and completing a short questionnaire. I was warmly welcomed and guided into an office where I was asked a few mandatory interview questions, before asked if I wanted a tour. Needless to say it was love at first sight and I am so excited to be apart of such a wonderful network of people changing the world one application at a time!

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked pertained to why I left the previous employer I came from.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief.

Career Specialist Interview

Career Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SoftRock in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a text to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, was an in office interview. The in office interview included a tour of the building and further described the position I was applying for. After that interview was a 2 hour orientation. Orientation included an opportunity for a Q&A in a group setting. After orientation you were invited to "Discovery Day", which gave you an opportunity to gain insight from the current training class. Orientation also provided you with an opportunity to see what working at SoftRock would be like. After each interview phase you were given an opportunity to decide if the position was or wasn't for you. After Discover Day, which took place on a Friday, and yes, we were invited to the cookout, they had 1 last follow up phone call. This took place on the following Monday. The weekend gave them and you time to decide whether they wanted to offer you the position, and whether you wanted to accept the position. The hiring process was thorough and provided a clear picture of what to expect.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I encountered was, "why do you want this position?". This was asked before I had a clear understanding of the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SoftRock in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is extensive and broken into 4 major parts so you get a full understanding of the company as well as your position and duties before being brought onto the team. Since the hiring process is broken up into parts it seems to go by quickly. Your first 3 visits are brief and explain different aspects of the company and then your fourth visit is a full day to get a feel of what a day at SoftRock consists of and seeing what your daily job will be like.

Interview Question – I was slightly surprised when I was asked about what I thought about the company and what I have seen. You could tell that the company took pride in giving a positive image.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If offered the opportunity I highly recommend you give SoftRock your best shot, you may be surprised where you end up.

Worked for SoftRock? Contribute to the Community!