SoftRock

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Communication Agent Interview

Digital Communication Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview Details – I was approached by them in a University job fair. They will take anyone. They want to amass as many people as possible. Something felt strange about this company. I did some research on them and I understood why. they have a high turnover rate and don't really regard the needs of their employees.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They are trying really hard to sell you the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a wedding to attend on one of the orientation days.

Education Advisor Interview

Education Advisor
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at SoftRock in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process for me was quick and to the point because the company was growing and the position the company felt was most suitable for me was available.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was deciding which department I would like to start working with.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SoftRock.

Interview Details – An intensive interview process. Deals with a phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, showing candidates what the job is in detail. Go over the products and services we offer. The history of the company. You will go over compensation and meet different managers and trainers.

Interview Question – Do you want to have a job, trade, or career?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Career Specialist Interview

Career Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SoftRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Softrock postures as a fun, family environment, but it’s a façade. In reality, they are cold as ice. The first indication of this is your notification of interest (a text message they sent stating: “We’ve had an opportunity to review your resume and would like to speak with you.” It did not identify the origin of the message. I almost ignored it, because I’ve never received a text message reply to an application for a job, which is as impersonal as it gets. This was the first red flag. When I called them, I was immediately and unexpectedly interviewed (the first of three) over the phone and asked to come to their office for another interview this afternoon (just a few hours later). I was surprised to have been interviewed in this way and imposed to drop everything to come their office for a second interview the same day. This was the second red flag.

I could not go to their office on this day, but I did go the next day. I was interviewed again and asked to return the next morning for a third interview. I did not expect to return so suddenly, and I already had a doctor’s appointment at the scheduled for the same time. However, I cancelled the doctor’s appointment and went for the third interview the following morning. The interviewer had no concern about what kind of doctor appointment it was (I was unable to get another appointment for 3 weeks); he was more concerned about their convenience and getting me through their process. This was the third red flag.

Before my departure after the first face-to-face interview, I was asked to comment on videotaped in a production room set up for this purpose about the interview and my impression of the company. I reluctantly agreed, but I did not know enough about the company at this point in time to give an informed opinion. I think the timing is deliberate – designed to capture your remarks at the outset of the interview process when you’re likely to provide a favorable opinion of company. Even though I was not an employee at this time, it demonstrated how self-serving and insensitive they are (given their notification on such short notice about the recording and my doctor’s appointment) and how they really treat “family.”

When I returned the next morning for the third interview, to my surprise, there was no interview whatsoever. Instead, I (and a large group of other candidates) herded into a large room and shown a propaganda video about the company full of images of happy employees engaging in activities and community service projects, which is commendable, but not the stated purpose of this “interview.” The company should not call this an interview, because it is not. It underscores the lack of value of people and their time. This could be facilitated with an on-demand video, or at a minimum the company should have characterized this meeting accurately. This was the fourth red flag.

After spending a lot of time accommodating the company’s request on very short notice for 3 interviews in the span of two days, jumping through the hoop for them and cancelling other appointments to do so, the company has not even given the courtesy or consideration to notify me that I was not selected to return for the 5th and 6th (last stages of their process) interviews. I’m not surprised; it’s consistent with my whole experience with Softrock and the way they really value people. I think the company is a fraud in the way that it projects its image to candidates, and what the actually do is more demonstrative of who they really are: cold as ice! Even if I were offered a position at this point in time, there are too many red flags to ignore, and I would decline. I would strongly suggest you look past the façade before making a decision to join this company. It my objective opinion, based on my experience and their indifference to people (and I am sure this extends to employees), Softrock does not rock!

I was initially impressed with Softrock’s ratings on Glassdoor.com, but I now believe many of these very favorable comments are fabrications, inaccurate and not the reality of the company. Actions certainly speak much louder than words! To Softrock: I am not angry about not getting the job, but I am very disappointed about being manipulated and your disrespected. This is not how an employer should treat candidates (possible future family members), and it certainly is not indicative of any real “family” environment at Softrock.

Career Specialist Interview

Career Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at SoftRock in February 2014.

Interview Details – Lengthy waste of time..high school atmosphere after the smoke clears

Interview Question – Do you wantto make money, but 1st go thru a training class for 11 hours lol   Answer Question

Gigats Representative Interview

Gigats Representative
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SoftRock in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview took place over a 3 day period, plus an initial phone call. The final day is an all day affair on Friday they call "test drive", which includes attending the weekly bbq and graduation of a group completing their training. I couldn't tell at this point if they were determining who to hire, or trying to sell everyone on the company, which was very odd.You are then told to call at a specific time on Monday to find out whether you are being hired.

Interview Question – The most unexpected portion was when I was placed on the phone with a client after only having listened in on a few calls. This was during the "test drive" day.   Answer Question

Carrer Specialist Interview

Carrer Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SoftRock in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very nice people and building. Interview process was very fine tuned and LONG! Took a while to actually find out what you would be doing as a career specialist. This is sales, and further more the more people you get to request information on returning to school the better the pay. Was not happy with the misleading info.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Employment Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at SoftRock in September 2011.

Interview Details – So simple and easy. Guarantee to get an interview.

Interview Question – PC or Mac. Always say PC ;)   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Product Advisor
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SoftRock in December 2012.

Interview Details – I completed the online questionnaire and was presented with an option to schedule an interview immediately. I scheduled the interview. I arrived and was not greeted with what I would consider hospitality. I was asked to complete a short questionnaire and watch a video. After that I was called back for my interview. The lady interviewing basically told me that they weren't really hiring at the moment but were just working through the queue of online applications. I was then told I was interviewing for an "Education Specialist" or "Education Advisor" position. When I inquried about the specific job responsibilities, I realized this was an entry level positon that was well below my experience level so I nicely said no thank you and excused myself from the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SoftRock in May 2011.

Interview Details – First interview with a hiring manager follow by a writing skills test (different day) and a second interview with the department manager. Both interviews were in person and the writing test was given on a computer the company. I was the only one taking the test and there were no other applicants in either interview.

Interview Question – What do you want to be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SoftRock

Worked for SoftRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SoftRock interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by SoftRock employees and interview candidates.