Softcat Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

3.5

Graduate IT Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Softcat in July 2014.

Initial application - standard procedure, tailor your application for higher success.
    Telephone interview - nothing particularly difficult, Why SoftCat? Why technology and sales? Few competency based questions.
    Assessment day
     IQ test
     Timed presentation - Why SoftCat? Why you?
    Final interview - with your team and sales director

Interview Questions
    • At the assessment day I found it to be very stressful in a sense that there were 25 candidates on the day. Therefore I felt it was very difficult to find ways to stand out during the presentation and in answering there basic Q&A's.
      The IQ test was very easy nothing particularly complex.
        Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Assesmenet Centerm, phone interview, face interview, lengthly process as focus on getting the right people

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to make in the first year, hard to understand with an entry level role   View Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Softcat in August 2010.

This was more of an assessment day rather than an interview, even though words of interview were used. I was a bit put off when I realised that it turned into a panel/group interview. The day consisted of 2 activities. 1 was to present yourself why you would want to work for Softcat and the position you’re applying for. The other activity was a scenario where you were stranded and you had to rank 10 items that you salvaged from the wreckage. There were a group of 15 people. The staff of the company seemed very friendly and was compassionate about Softcat and their work culture was more of a friendly atmosphere. I have rated this as difficult because the best advice to give is to just be yourself but this can be very difficult as you are faced with 14 other people and you could get the short straw and be missed out. To me it feels like a pot luck game and hoping for the person to come along and shed light. Be positive no matter the out come but be yourself.

Worked for Softcat? Contribute to the Community!