Softchoice

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.7

Microsoft Solutions Architect Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Softchoice.

After submitting my resume, the HR recruiter reached out to me right away and seemed very interested. We had a few back and forth emails with him asking qualifying questions and things progressed to a scheduled phone interview with him (the HR recruiter). That went well and a second phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. For the phone interview, I got a call from someone who was not the hiring manager. He let me know that the hiring manager was out of the office (didn't elaborate) and that he was going to try to fill in. It was a really short interview (about 30 minutes). He asked some pretty high level technical questions, which I provided the correct technical answers. Throughout the course of the interview, it transitioned from Q&A to him describing the role, what I'd be doing and got me pretty excited to take on the role. Usually, when things transition from Q&A to this is what you'd be doing, it's usually a good sign. At the end of the interview, he let me know that a 3rd interview would be scheduled with the original hiring manager (that I was supposed to interview with originally). Everything sounded positive. That phone call was the very last communication that I had from SoftChoice. After a few days, I followed up with an email back to the HR recruiter asking what the next steps were going to be. I didn't hear anything back. I followed up again after a few more days; still nothing. Normally, I wouldn't be so persistent, but the fact that they told me they wanted to schedule another interview, my natural inclination was to close the loop on the next steps. At this point, I'm getting the feeling that for whatever reason, something had changed with the position (not sure if it was cut from the budget or what). I sent one last (third) final email asking for an update since they expressed interest in pursuing me. No reply.

The lack of communication was very off-putting and unprofessional. I can understand that if you aren't even selected as a candidate to interview for a position that there may not be any communication, but if you've interviewed twice and they even tell you that they wanted to schedule a third interview, that one would expect some communication. Whatever the case was, whether the position got put on hold or they found another candidate that they wanted to pursue, I think that a company should have the professional courtesy to let a candidate know if they aren't going to be considered further for the position.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Softchoice.

After submitting resume, you receive a call [most likely from Canada] where they ask you a few questions about your resume just as an initial screening. If everything checks out, they schedule a phone interview roughly a week later. After the phone interview, they contact you for an in person interview with a sales manager. Generally you have two in person interviews before an offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you'd be good at sales at Softchoice?   View Answer
    There is zero negotiating. You either take the offer or walk away.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Softchoice.

Do your research because the interviews got harder as I progressed through the rounds. Each employee I spoke with was genuine and passionate about the company and overall friendly people. You may find yourself struggling with some of the products and services offered so the research will help identify your interest in the company. The interview process was stream-less and moved along at a comfortable pace. It was also great to get each interviewer's perspective on the company, it's culture, and the role applied for. Relax and be yourself. Do not try to pretend to know things you clearly don't, they'll pick up on this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a situation where you encountered extreme conflicted and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Hiring process was a screened phone call followed up by an in-person interview that was pretty casual and sitting with a sales rep for an hour followed up by a formal one and then an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you interested in technology? Simple yet hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softchoice in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter about this Territory Sales Representative position then sent an assessment invitation I was also told about a open house that was supposed to be occurring in the next few days. Sent the reply back to the recruiter and then was also sent the assessment make sure you have time to complete the assessment without interruptions because you need to be able to think. ( I was interrupted many times during the timed portions) Don't do this while trying to work.

Interview Questions
    • The first part of the assessment is all mathematical equations and problems, second part was a psychological assessment   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Softchoice.

Only got to the Recruiter before we agreed it was not a good fit.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Softchoice in December 2013.

Initial phone interview with recruiter out of Toronto and follow-up panel interview with 3 territory managers

no nogotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Softchoice in November 2012.

The proces was pretty favorable until the end. I met a manager and recruiting event and we hit it off. He was interested and fast tracked my resume to ge the first round phone interview. The phone interview was incredibly long, but I made it to the second round. The second round was straight forward as I interviewed with the manager that recommended me. There was also a relatively easy IQ/reasoning type of test. Third round was a video call interview with two other managers. They asked all the standard questions, but I got a bit nervous so it was little rocky, however I felt I ended it well. Regardless, the interviewers told me I would hear from the right after the new year with their decision. I have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example when you had to persuade someone to go your way?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Softchoice in November 2011.

Because I was referred I skipped the typical first steps such as phone interview and HR communication. I had 2 interviews and then no communication. When I reached out it was the beginning of the New Year and they said they were very busy but still interested. The next thing I know I see the position posted again and I apply and find out that they had decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • I was given examples of objections where I had to role play and respond to the objections.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softchoice in April 2011.

2 Phone Interviews, 2 in person interviews and one panel interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you propose Lync as a replacement or companion product to Jabber or an existing telephony system.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation needed, they offered what I wanted