Softchoice Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Hiring process was a screened phone call followed up by an in-person interview that was pretty casual and sitting with a sales rep for an hour followed up by a formal one and then an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you interested in technology? Simple yet hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softchoice in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter about this Territory Sales Representative position then sent an assessment invitation I was also told about a open house that was supposed to be occurring in the next few days. Sent the reply back to the recruiter and then was also sent the assessment make sure you have time to complete the assessment without interruptions because you need to be able to think. ( I was interrupted many times during the timed portions) Don't do this while trying to work.

Interview Questions
    • The first part of the assessment is all mathematical equations and problems, second part was a psychological assessment   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Softchoice.

Only got to the Recruiter before we agreed it was not a good fit.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Softchoice in December 2013.

Initial phone interview with recruiter out of Toronto and follow-up panel interview with 3 territory managers

no nogotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Softchoice in November 2012.

The proces was pretty favorable until the end. I met a manager and recruiting event and we hit it off. He was interested and fast tracked my resume to ge the first round phone interview. The phone interview was incredibly long, but I made it to the second round. The second round was straight forward as I interviewed with the manager that recommended me. There was also a relatively easy IQ/reasoning type of test. Third round was a video call interview with two other managers. They asked all the standard questions, but I got a bit nervous so it was little rocky, however I felt I ended it well. Regardless, the interviewers told me I would hear from the right after the new year with their decision. I have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example when you had to persuade someone to go your way?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Softchoice in November 2011.

Because I was referred I skipped the typical first steps such as phone interview and HR communication. I had 2 interviews and then no communication. When I reached out it was the beginning of the New Year and they said they were very busy but still interested. The next thing I know I see the position posted again and I apply and find out that they had decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • I was given examples of objections where I had to role play and respond to the objections.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softchoice in April 2011.

2 Phone Interviews, 2 in person interviews and one panel interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you propose Lync as a replacement or companion product to Jabber or an existing telephony system.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation needed, they offered what I wanted

SMB Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Softchoice in January 2011.

If not tech oriented or experienced in B2B - Interview will be hard for people outside of business. How much do you know about sales? How well can you sell yourself over different forms of media? Do you have drive? Can you give some basic examples about how you can sell yourself?

Product Master Group Interview

Submitted application through a friend referral
    Had to wait about 3 weeks and had to do some e-mail followup as well
    3 rounds of Interviews -
    first with HR (phone interview),
    second with team leads (in person),
    and third with the senior manager (in person)

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Softchoice.

Initial communication was through a recruiter.
    Initial interview for my role was with the VP of Services, followed by a technical interview with one of the senior consultants in my area of focus.
    Two more interviews, back to back, with another director level and professional services management to assess fit.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall specifics - handling failure came up, describing how I dealt with difficult situations with clients and coworkers   Answer Question
    My negotiation was by proxy through the headhunter with whom I had worked for several years