Softchoice Interview Questions in United States

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Softchoice in April 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral based, generic interview questions, however, the last two questions have the potential to throw you off. You will get asked questions like describe your greatest accomplishment, a time you dealt with conflict, a time you took initiative, etc. Okay experience.

Interview Questions

• The leaders of the company are selling it to you. Before you buy the company, what are the three questions you will ask the company's leaders?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softchoice (Norcross, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a scheduled phone interview with a recruiter named Dana, She was 10 minutes late to the interview, After a few questions around my background she begin telling me about the position. She called the position product manager instead of project manager which made me skeptical and she proceeded to tell me that the position requires you to manage from 20 up to 30 projects that range from 3 weeks to 6 months simultaneously. I automatically assumed that most of the projects would be similar where duplication as far as project and deployment plans would be similar. She advised no that all the projects would be with different clients and could all be different. I immediately thought this possibly cant be true and you would have to be subhuman to take on such a task. therefore I proceeded to tell her that I would not be a good fit for the job. We didn't even get to pay but why would we? This company is questionable in its tactics.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

After submitting my resume, the HR recruiter reached out to me right away and seemed very interested. We had a few back and forth emails with him asking qualifying questions and things progressed to a scheduled phone interview with him (the HR recruiter). That went well and a second phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. For the phone interview, I got a call from someone who was not the hiring manager. He let me know that the hiring manager was out of the office (didn't elaborate) and that he was going to try to fill in. It was a really short interview (about 30 minutes). He asked some pretty high level technical questions, which I provided the correct technical answers. Throughout the course of the interview, it transitioned from Q&A to him describing the role, what I'd be doing and got me pretty excited to take on the role. Usually, when things transition from Q&A to this is what you'd be doing, it's usually a good sign. At the end of the interview, he let me know that a 3rd interview would be scheduled with the original hiring manager (that I was supposed to interview with originally). Everything sounded positive. That phone call was the very last communication that I had from SoftChoice. After a few days, I followed up with an email back to the HR recruiter asking what the next steps were going to be. I didn't hear anything back. I followed up again after a few more days; still nothing. Normally, I wouldn't be so persistent, but the fact that they told me they wanted to schedule another interview, my natural inclination was to close the loop on the next steps. At this point, I'm getting the feeling that for whatever reason, something had changed with the position (not sure if it was cut from the budget or what). I sent one last (third) final email asking for an update since they expressed interest in pursuing me. No reply.

The lack of communication was very off-putting and unprofessional. I can understand that if you aren't even selected as a candidate to interview for a position that there may not be any communication, but if you've interviewed twice and they even tell you that they wanted to schedule a third interview, that one would expect some communication. Whatever the case was, whether the position got put on hold or they found another candidate that they wanted to pursue, I think that a company should have the professional courtesy to let a candidate know if they aren't going to be considered further for the position.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

After submitting resume, you receive a call [most likely from Canada] where they ask you a few questions about your resume just as an initial screening. If everything checks out, they schedule a phone interview roughly a week later. After the phone interview, they contact you for an in person interview with a sales manager. Generally you have two in person interviews before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be good at sales at Softchoice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is zero negotiating. You either take the offer or walk away.

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

Do your research because the interviews got harder as I progressed through the rounds. Each employee I spoke with was genuine and passionate about the company and overall friendly people. You may find yourself struggling with some of the products and services offered so the research will help identify your interest in the company. The interview process was stream-less and moved along at a comfortable pace. It was also great to get each interviewer's perspective on the company, it's culture, and the role applied for. Relax and be yourself. Do not try to pretend to know things you clearly don't, they'll pick up on this.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a situation where you encountered extreme conflicted and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hiring process was a screened phone call followed up by an in-person interview that was pretty casual and sitting with a sales rep for an hour followed up by a formal one and then an offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in technology? Simple yet hard.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softchoice in October 2014.

Interview

My first portion of the interview was very pleasant, with Megan, their talent adviser. She had me complete an assessment and then we had a great phone interview. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of joining sales, but Megan had great things to say about the company so when I was offered an in-person interview, I accepted. The two managers I interviewed with played a typical good guy/bad guy role, with the "bad guy" being very insistent that I didn't want the job enough for them to offer it to me. I don't know many people who are born passionate about sales, but that seems like the type of person they want to hire. In the end, I had tried to go in with an open mind and check out on an opportunity but was completely discouraged by the fact that they told me over and over that I could do the job, they just were convinced I didn't want to.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about sales or helping people get tech solutions   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about this Territory Sales Representative position then sent an assessment invitation I was also told about a open house that was supposed to be occurring in the next few days. Sent the reply back to the recruiter and then was also sent the assessment make sure you have time to complete the assessment without interruptions because you need to be able to think. ( I was interrupted many times during the timed portions) Don't do this while trying to work.

Interview Questions

• The first part of the assessment is all mathematical equations and problems, second part was a psychological assessment   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and got a call from a recruiter the next day who gave me a lot of information about Softchoice and how I could have long term success there in sales. I came in for an interview the following week where I met with 2 managers and sat with a rep for about 45 minutes to ask questions and get a better idea of what my days would be like as a SC rep.

Interview Questions

• What would my current manager say I am successful in and where could I use improvement?   1 Answer
    • Where do I see myself professionally in the future?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

Only got to the Recruiter before we agreed it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• all standard interview questions...   1 Answer