Softtek Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Softtek.

Interview

Good communication with HR, your salary will depend entirely of your ability to negotiate it.
    Sometimes ask for relocation offers.
    sometimes HR don't call back to you if the position is closed.

Interview Questions

• Technical people do the interviews, it seems to be fair but sometimes people do very hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only one way.

Senior Automation QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Softtek in September 2013.

Interview

The first contact for the interview was just to present the company and the possible projects (more than one) where I could be applying, we arranged the incomes and mobility in the first interview.

The second was a technical interview to validate the knowledge I had at that point, very straight forward questions related with QA and automation processes.

The last was an email indicating that I covered all that was required for the position and a welcome message.

Interview Questions

• Technical background description, goals and achievements that I had plans for... pretty much the interview covered all the aspects I was looking for a company where to work.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Softtek in November 2011.

Interview

A call for setting up a tech interview.
    Tech interview
    Economical offer
    Signup

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected for the role   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation just yes or no

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Softtek in October 2011.

Interview

they care for SAP people, and specialized people in certain positions, usually the positions they offer is because they're in a hurry, so you do a good interview you will get the job in less than a month

Interview Questions

Negotiation

short,

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Softtek in May 2010.

Interview

It was good and hard. Expect to be challenged with riddles/puzzles and a white board session. They take you on a tour of the city and give a great meal with hotel. Overall, it is about 4 interviews which should not be too bad

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Softtek (Dallas, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Very detailed functional and technical interview; first on the phone then before moving at their clients HQ.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on the specific technological requirements, also on the SDLC (RUP, Agile, etc).   1 Answer

Travel more than 30% of the time.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Softtek.

Interview

I had two technical interviews on the phone.
    None of them were really difficult.
    Questions were about Java basics, Java frameworks, OO principles, basic SQL, algorithms, JEE.

Then one more interview with HR.

As Softtek primary business is outsourcing, once I had been hired. I had to interview with Softtek's customers to get into a project. If you don't get a project in some months you are either assigned to do miscellaneous tasks or kicked out.
    Client usually does two technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you have two managers and each of them are requesting you to give priority to a different item, what would you do?   1 Answer

Delivery Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softtek.

Interview

Four level of interview, first is the tech round based on the skill set. Second round with round is with project manager, third round with practice manager. Final round with practice director.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question will be behavior or attitude. It will based on experience of the candidate .   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heredia (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Softtek (Heredia (Costa Rica)).

Interview

Initial communication was through email. Then a couple of phone calls with questions about project management and metrics and finally I visited their offices.

Interview Questions

• They were all experience wise. Situational questions were unexpected and difficult   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Softtek (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)).

Interview

I was contacted through a staffer via phone. I had 3 interviews: one to measure my english level, a technical interview with a Softtek employee and another technical interview with the client (i work as a contractor through Softtek).

The english skill assessment interview is pretty straightforward, they just let you talk about whatever you want and maybe something about previous jobs. This can be as easy or difficult as you want it depending on your fluency in the language as well as your ability to communicate.

The technical interview was also very easy and straight forward, basic concepts of OOP, Platform attributes and inner working, SQL development and Web Development, it was a bit more detailed than the final technical interview with the client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The whole process took about 1 week, from being contacted by HR to the interviews and their offer. Their offer was really low and almost ridiculous, i asked for more than 20% of what they offered and they supposedly were skeptical about whether they could do that. 20 minutes later they said yes, so i guess i should have asked for even more.