Software AG

3.1

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Software AG.

Phone interview and then in person with the hiring manager, and SVP. A 30, 60, 90 day plan for ramp up was expected, (stated by the recruiter, not bu the hiring manager)

Once hired the hiring manager was unfamiliar with the territory and added no value when on sales calls. His preference was to listen in silence.

Interview Questions
    They offer a base salary and 3 months of a very low non-recoverable draw, ($5K).

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Software AG.

I had one interview, but this was a very long time ago.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the initial offer.

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Software AG.

I experienced the most unpleasant situation for an interview compared to 8-10 interviews I had been in 12 years of my career. First of all they lack the basic courtesy to ask the candidate about their past experience and projects they worked on. Not caring to explain what they do or want to do.
    The interviewers clearly lack knowledge of Programming Language, Compiler Design, OS etc and they are pushed to interview senior candidates both in terms of knowledge and experience. During the course of two technical rounds what peeved me most is that when you go deep into technical areas they would invariably end up asking memorization questions from javadoc. Maybe it's problem with our Indian education system that emphasizes rote learning.
    Later I came to know that in Bangalore they have end of life support for their flagship products and understood why they do not employ smart developers here.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Questions were mostly on core java - threads and concurrency particularly. Some algos and complexities. Was asked to write full code for every question. Make sure to cover corner cases while writing code.

Interview Questions
    • How to implement distributed hashtable? Challenges and solution for that.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Software AG in November 2014.

Initial Contact: Call from HR trying to adjudge fitment etc.. After three weeks, got the second call to set up first interview round.
    1st Round Interview: Telephonic with a Senior Project Manager (SPM). This guy didn't have much knowledge about PM processes so it was a very generic interview with resume based and 'commonsensical' questions.
    2nd Round Interview: F2F with a Delivery Manager within a week of the first round. Grilled thoroughly about all aspects of PM. Interview lasted for a good 1.5 hours and was pretty challenging. Included an impromptu end to end case study/role play on a mock project right from the chartering processes to the deployment.
    3rd Round Interview: F2F with another SPM within another week of the second round. This was the shortest round (~30 min) and was more of a breeze because the interviewer was very friendly and was trying to find out reasons to hire me instead of eliminating me.
    4th (HR) Round Interview: F2F with a Comp & Benefits Manager on the same day. This was a ludicrous one since the interviewer had ultra pathetic/pedestrian quality communication skills and wasn't even able to articulate his questions clearly. The only round where I felt that I'm making a mistake by considering this opening as a career option.
    Final Offer: 3-4 working days from the last interview round. The fixed component of the offer was less than my current package so I didn't accept it. Was called to their office a couple of days later where they asked about my expectations but was told that they can't match it in any way. That pulled the curtains on the process.

Interview Questions
    • None apart from the impromptu role play/case study in the 2nd Round. Questions were pretty straightjacket types which any PM worth his salt can tackle like a breeze.   Answer Question

The fixed component of the offer was < that of my current CTC. At the PM level they have a 20% variable so be careful when considering an offer.

Engineering Specialist Interview

good and average difficult level.will have 5 to 6 rounds.each round lasts for 45 minutes minium,first round will be puzzle and every round you can expect at least one puzzle.should be good technically

Interview Questions
    they will [ay good no need to negitiate

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Software AG.

Recruiter contacted me (one of many Software AG have) and setup a meeting with the hiring managers by phone. The hiring manager called me an hour late, asked a few yes or no questions. It was clear that he was very inept at interviewing. Gave me a time to meet the next day and mentioned that I need to prepare a 30 minute presentation with little ver 14 hours notice. The in person Interview consisted of me delivering a 30 minute presentation of what value I can being to the organization, for which then I received the nod and the next day got a call that I will be made an offer. The offer made was about 305 less than what I indicated my requirements were, and they were not willing to negotiate, so I ended up accepting the role as I needed the work.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing out of the ordinary. One question revolved around whether I could handle stress. Looking back, I can see why it was asked.   Answer Question
    Via the recruiter going back and forth between the client and myself.

Systems Engineer Interview

I had several interviews with several managers, from Sales and Consulting to Human Resources. I was not very challenged in them, and quickly understood how important the cultural fit is in this position.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most common architectural patterns in cloud solutions   Answer Question

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Software AG.

3 technical rounds followed by HR

Solution Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Software AG in April 2014.

I had to go through 3 rounds of interview in following order, Presales Lead, CTO, VP Sales/APAC.
    What particular strike me was the VP Sales (a lady, but I shall not name names) said confidently that when she join one year ago until now, have manage to bring the company's revenue growth to ~150% YoY, and she does it by ensuring they only goes for a tender if she is confident of influencing the bid process.... I was wonder how she does it back then... ?
    In the end was told by recruiter that the company suddenly had a headcount freeze and was not able to bring me onboard... strange to me at that point in time...

But the true shocker came when approx 2 months down, I found out that SoftwareAG was actually trying to fish for competitor information through interview, as during that period my current company and SoftwareAG are both tendering for the same deal!

Such sly moves...

Interview Questions
    • Typical question of "What can you bring to this company"   Answer Question