Software AG Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Software AG.

Phone interview and then in person with the hiring manager, and SVP. A 30, 60, 90 day plan for ramp up was expected, (stated by the recruiter, not bu the hiring manager)

Once hired the hiring manager was unfamiliar with the territory and added no value when on sales calls. His preference was to listen in silence.

Interview Questions
    They offer a base salary and 3 months of a very low non-recoverable draw, ($5K).

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Software AG.

I had one interview, but this was a very long time ago.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the initial offer.

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Software AG.

Recruiter contacted me (one of many Software AG have) and setup a meeting with the hiring managers by phone. The hiring manager called me an hour late, asked a few yes or no questions. It was clear that he was very inept at interviewing. Gave me a time to meet the next day and mentioned that I need to prepare a 30 minute presentation with little ver 14 hours notice. The in person Interview consisted of me delivering a 30 minute presentation of what value I can being to the organization, for which then I received the nod and the next day got a call that I will be made an offer. The offer made was about 305 less than what I indicated my requirements were, and they were not willing to negotiate, so I ended up accepting the role as I needed the work.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing out of the ordinary. One question revolved around whether I could handle stress. Looking back, I can see why it was asked.   Answer Question
    Via the recruiter going back and forth between the client and myself.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Den Haag (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Den Haag (South Africa)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Software AG in November 2012.

The entire proces felt was more like a business conversation where my experience and views were discussed. Also the objectives for the role and company were part of the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • I did not experience any difficult or unexpected questioning   Answer Question

Pre Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Software AG in November 2013.

First contact was made through a referrer. Made an interview with the Pre Sales Director, mainly about my background. No specific tests.
    After a couple days I made an interview with HR and was presented with an Offer Letter.
    The process was very simple and straightforward.

Quick and easy. I accepted the original terms.

Systems Engineer Interview

I had several interviews with several managers, from Sales and Consulting to Human Resources. I was not very challenged in them, and quickly understood how important the cultural fit is in this position.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most common architectural patterns in cloud solutions   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Software AG in July 2012.

First round of interview was a knowledge test. Very difficult but reasonable. Second part was a call with future colleague who finally appeared to be direct manager of the position. Strange, but changes are happening. Third round was lead by local General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Discriminating questions druting 1:1 with local management.   Answer Question
    Difficult negotiation on starting salary. In order to agree I was offered variable pay that was paid only once and then took away.

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Software AG.

3 technical rounds followed by HR

Assistant Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Software AG in February 2014.

first there is Aptitude/ java based written test , next round is group discussion,after that there is technical interview by a group panel, and finally hr/ technical interview.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Software AG in January 2014.

1st round was aptitude round which had 5 technical and 10 logical reasoning questions. There was no options for the questions. For technical questions we had to write the output.
    This was followed by 2 rounds of technical interview. It was easy. They asked simple programs like fibbonaci ,prime number,palindrome,bubble sort,binary search in these rounds.They asked 2 or more puzzles in each of these rounds . Next was the managerial round. It was also a technical round. Since the requirement was for RnD they will test more of your analytical skills...

Interview Questions
    • They gave a pattern and told to write program for that. And some puzzles like two candles of different material can be burnt in 60 mins each,so how will you measure 45 mins...   Answer Question

Worked for Software AG? Contribute to the Community!