Software AG

3.1

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Software AG.

Phone interview and then in person with the hiring manager, and SVP. A 30, 60, 90 day plan for ramp up was expected, (stated by the recruiter, not bu the hiring manager)

Once hired the hiring manager was unfamiliar with the territory and added no value when on sales calls. His preference was to listen in silence.

Interview Questions
    They offer a base salary and 3 months of a very low non-recoverable draw, ($5K).

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Software AG.

I had one interview, but this was a very long time ago.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the initial offer.

Assistant Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Software AG.

Applied through University, 1st was online test of 60 Minutes with 60 Questions, 30 of aptitude and 30 of technical(only JAVA). and both were given 30 min. each. 210 students appeared for test, 44 were selected for GD round, My topic was Can SWATCH BHARAT ABHIYAN be implemented in 3-5 years completely, I am in against... 12 were shortlisted, and then the Technical interview mostly on CORE JAVA, like interfaces, abstract classes, inner classes, inheritance, static, byte code, etc.. 4 were selected I was among them. HR round for 10 min, 3 were selected except me.

Interview Questions
    • Identifier used to specify inner classes. How is java platform independent, difference between interface and abstract classes. what happens on making variable static, difference between protected and private.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Software AG in January 2015.

1st Round was Aptitute cum technical, 2nd round will be a technical f2f round and finally HR round
    aptitude questions were easy all of them from RS agarwal
    for technical apti was on Java it was not that tough, basically you can clear it!.
    2nd round was technical cum analytical ability....they'll ask some basic questions from your resume(skills) and ask you some puzzles which i didn't clear.

Interview Questions
    • honeybee puzzle...two trains travelling in opposite direction with same speed on one of d engine a bee travels from one train to another...wat is the exact distance it covers?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Software AG in January 2015.

It was on weekend and I attended the interview with moderate preparation. Interview processes looked very quick and fair. But may be because of the position, they expected much. Interview was kind of OK (not too difficult), but they asked some design problems, ALL RELATED TO JAVA. 1st round was taken by two senior persons, and questions asked to me were,

1. design classes and interfaces for Undo/Redo functionality (for example, we see in notepad right, undo redo feature, to simulate that). I was puzzled and using Observer pattern, I gave a probable solution, but they were not convinced.

2. Write program for printing all permutation of string

3. Sort Map based on values

4. Given a NxN matrix and three nodes in it, I need to fill all including nodes with 0

5. Garbage Collection

6. Java Reflection and its uses

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interviewer didn't ask anything about my work experience, roles and responsibility just a brief introduction. Then it was dive into questions. It was to write complete working code with corner conditions.
    -Java create connection pool of connection pool.
    -Java create a stop watch with 4 functions start, stop, pause resume without using any conditions, switch or enum or threads.
    -we have a 10 gb file having numbers in random order, jvm has max limit of 1 gb we have to read file sort all the numbers and write to a file.

I was not sure on what was the actual role required for the position, I have some friends working in the company and what I understood from them the development work is very limited in Bangalore it is just an end of life cycle support for the existing products which software AG has

Interview Questions
    • we have a 10 gb file having numbers in random order, jvm has max limit of 1 gb we have to read file sort all the numbers and write to a file   Answer Question

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Software AG.

I experienced the most unpleasant situation for an interview compared to 8-10 interviews I had been in 12 years of my career. First of all they lack the basic courtesy to ask the candidate about their past experience and projects they worked on. Not caring to explain what they do or want to do.
    The interviewers clearly lack knowledge of Programming Language, Compiler Design, OS etc and they are pushed to interview senior candidates both in terms of knowledge and experience. During the course of two technical rounds what peeved me most is that when you go deep into technical areas they would invariably end up asking memorization questions from javadoc. Maybe it's problem with our Indian education system that emphasizes rote learning.
    Later I came to know that in Bangalore they have end of life support for their flagship products and understood why they do not employ smart developers here.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Questions were mostly on core java - threads and concurrency particularly. Some algos and complexities. Was asked to write full code for every question. Make sure to cover corner cases while writing code.

Interview Questions
    • How to implement distributed hashtable? Challenges and solution for that.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Software AG in November 2014.

Initial Contact: Call from HR trying to adjudge fitment etc.. After three weeks, got the second call to set up first interview round.
    1st Round Interview: Telephonic with a Senior Project Manager (SPM). This guy didn't have much knowledge about PM processes so it was a very generic interview with resume based and 'commonsensical' questions.
    2nd Round Interview: F2F with a Delivery Manager within a week of the first round. Grilled thoroughly about all aspects of PM. Interview lasted for a good 1.5 hours and was pretty challenging. Included an impromptu end to end case study/role play on a mock project right from the chartering processes to the deployment.
    3rd Round Interview: F2F with another SPM within another week of the second round. This was the shortest round (~30 min) and was more of a breeze because the interviewer was very friendly and was trying to find out reasons to hire me instead of eliminating me.
    4th (HR) Round Interview: F2F with a Comp & Benefits Manager on the same day. This was a ludicrous one since the interviewer had ultra pathetic/pedestrian quality communication skills and wasn't even able to articulate his questions clearly. The only round where I felt that I'm making a mistake by considering this opening as a career option.
    Final Offer: 3-4 working days from the last interview round. The fixed component of the offer was less than my current package so I didn't accept it. Was called to their office a couple of days later where they asked about my expectations but was told that they can't match it in any way. That pulled the curtains on the process.

Interview Questions
    • None apart from the impromptu role play/case study in the 2nd Round. Questions were pretty straightjacket types which any PM worth his salt can tackle like a breeze.   Answer Question

The fixed component of the offer was < that of my current CTC. At the PM level they have a 20% variable so be careful when considering an offer.

Engineering Specialist Interview

good and average difficult level.will have 5 to 6 rounds.each round lasts for 45 minutes minium,first round will be puzzle and every round you can expect at least one puzzle.should be good technically

Interview Questions
    they will [ay good no need to negitiate