Software AG

Updated Jan 18, 2015

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Software AG in January 2015.

It was on weekend and I attended the interview with moderate preparation. Interview processes looked very quick and fair. But may be because of the position, they expected much. Interview was kind of OK (not too difficult), but they asked some design problems, ALL RELATED TO JAVA. 1st round was taken by two senior persons, and questions asked to me were,

1. design classes and interfaces for Undo/Redo functionality (for example, we see in notepad right, undo redo feature, to simulate that). I was puzzled and using Observer pattern, I gave a probable solution, but they were not convinced.

2. Write program for printing all permutation of string

3. Sort Map based on values

4. Given a NxN matrix and three nodes in it, I need to fill all including nodes with 0

5. Garbage Collection

6. Java Reflection and its uses

Other Interview Reviews for Software AG

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Questions were mostly on core java - threads and concurrency particularly. Some algos and complexities. Was asked to write full code for every question. Make sure to cover corner cases while writing code.

Interview Questions
    • How to implement distributed hashtable? Challenges and solution for that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Software AG.

Initial contact was through the recruiter.
    The job requirements were communicated clearly and helped a lot in interview preparations.
    The interview process was a one day affair of F2F interviews. 2 technical rounds followed by 1 Managerial then 1 HR and final interview with the Director.
    The technical interview question were relevant to my work experience
    Some data structure related questions, mostly on Lists and Trees. Java concepts like interfaces and abstract classes, thread life cycle etc.

Interview Questions
    • How to manage asset dependencies and which data structures are useful for managing different types of dependencies [e.g. one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many].   View Answer
    The offer was good and negotiations were not required.

1. Aptitude
    2. technical round 1
    3. technical round 2
    3. HR
    4. Interview with Directors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Software AG in February 2012.

It consisted of 1 phone rounds followed by onsite interview of 5 rounds.
    Question asked were mainly from programming languages ,algorithms,databases amd object oriented concepts. Cleared all the rounds but what they were offering was way less than my expectation, though I clearly mentioned my expectation in very first discussion happened with the HR. My whole time was wasted which could have been avoided as they already knew they can not pay what I was expecting. Be careful when they ask is it negotiable. you will ask for 30% and after everything they will offer you 10%.

Interview Questions
    • Java basics, questions related to collections.   Answer Question
    • How do you design log4j kind of functionality.   View Answer
    • Find two numbers in an array that sum up to the given number.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Software AG in September 2011.

You need to answer each aspect of you technical as well as person skills.
    Needs to be very good in each area of your skill set.

Interview Questions
    Good. No boundaries for deserving candidate.