Software Guidance & Assistance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Software Guidance & Assistance

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Software Guidance & Assistance.

It will be very long!!! 3+ hours you need to meet with 6 people

None

BDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Software Guidance & Assistance in April 2013.

The interview process was very long, to the point it was a bit silly. The people were very nice and their interviews were all professional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Application Development and SDLC. I know a bit about coding and SDLC. Most people in sales don't specialize in the actually writing of the code. We help businesses identify and solve problems by selling solutions.   View Answer

IT Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Software Guidance & Assistance in December 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a new position as an IT Account Manager in Houston, TX with SGA as they are in the process of just opening a new satellite office there. After the intial phone screen, I had a conversation with the employment manager and then had a face to face interview with the employment manager as she flew down to Houston to meet with me for 1.5 hours as well as for me to get a chance to get to see the new office. Then, I followed up with 3-4 30 min phone interviews over the next couple days with a few of the different managing partners at SGA between the sales and recruiting side. Finally, they flew me to New York all expenses paid for a day visit to see the office atmosphere at their headquarters and meet personally with the managing partners. After a great experience, I was offered the position. From the initial phone call to the offer my interview process was about 2 weeks. They seem to be thorough in making sure who they bring on board is the absolute right fit and I found the interview process enjoyable. Now working here, I am extremely happy to be a part of the SGA team!

Interview Questions
    • What could you improve upon from your last position to this position?   View Answer
    Very easy, they were understanding of where I have been previously and what I was looking for. No issues.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Software Guidance & Assistance in October 2012.

I initially met the hiring manager at a career fair. They weren't actively seeking an administrative assistant at the fair, but when I mentioned that my talents were more suited to that position, I was told that they would have a position opening up soon. I sent an email with my resume immediately after getting home from the fair. The office apparently shut down for a week due to Hurricane Sandy, but when it opened back up, I received a call offering me a job interview the next day. I then received an email invitation for a background request, which I filled out immediately. When I went in, I was asked to fill out an additional paper application with all my information and references (I now know the hiring manager personally and I can confirm that she will definitely call your references). When I went in for the interview, I was interviewed by the hiring manager, then the financial director (who would later be my direct supervisor), and then the managing director. Having now seen sales/recruiters come in to interview, I can say that the interview process is generally longer for new sales/recruiters, because there are a few more managers who they are expected to meet with. The hiring manager gave me basic information about the company and the position and then asked me some questions. The interview questions were very straight-forward (do you have any experience, do you feel that you are qualified, would you be comfortable in this position, how soon would you be able to start?). Then, they skimmed over my application/resume and asked me to discuss previous work experiences. Overall, it was a very relaxed interview and was mostly polite conversation. The next day, I received a call that I got the job and could start on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • "What about this job specifically are you attracted to?"   View Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itzer (Morocco)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itzer (Morocco)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Software Guidance & Assistance in November 2013.

Discuss the application process and in an interview to answer all questions

Interview Questions
    • A difficult question for something impossible to do not to me only, but of all people   View Answer
    To help negotiate a visa and residence

Professional Services Sales Interview

Met hiring manager in a Starbucks offsite for first interview, met in a roundtable format at their office with 5 or 6 managers for second interview. Cubicle farm setting in office.

Interview Questions
    • Would you mind "walking the halls" at client site to drum up business?   View Answer