Softwire Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Softwire.

I applied online through their website www.softwire.com. At first I had an interview via Skype, lasting around 40 minutes, and then on-site interview, lasting approximately 4-5 hours. The interviewers were friendly and the overall experience is very positive.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Softwire.

After completing the online forms you may pass and the first stage is:

Phone interview. 1.Tell me about yourself. 2. ladder question (+ if it infinite?). 3. String with {[(}]}

A week later interview in their offices in London.

Interview Questions
    • Computer tests: 1. a sort of IQ test. 2. we have some operations acting on strings and want to know the meaning of each operation. 3. essay (what's your favourite programming language).   View Answer
    • Interview with two members of the team: you need to come up with an algorithm for certain problem --> look for "two robots on a line".   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

45min phone interview. Asked me why software, why softwire, some questions about a project I was involved with. then technical questions: youve got a ladder and some eggs, how can we find out which is the highest rung the eggs can fall from. How can we make it faster? then how many guesses will it take us? what if the ladders infinite? Then asked to devise an algorthm for checking if strings containing brackets: [] {} () are correct. Thats all.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softwire in February 2014.

Applied online and quickly got asked for a phone interview. The phone interview was kind of weird, asked a few questions about mathematical logic. Difficult to answer the problems over the phone.

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Softwire.

Initial application via a straightforward online application form. Initial brainteaser style phone interview as described by other reviewers. Softwire were very quick to respond at all stages of the application process (a maximum of two days delay probably). Onsite interview process was much longer than I was expecting and consisted of multiple pseudocode problem solving puzzles, an on computer test (reasoning puzzles and essays rather than coding) and an HR style interview.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your three greatest weaknesses?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softwire.

Measure hardness of surface using eggs dropped from ladder, binary search, max, min number of drops. Infinite ladder? Validate an expression consisting of three types of bracket (){}[]. Stack? Office Interview: IQ Test, Patrol a corridor of a maze, follow left-hand wall to solve, what are the problems using this method. [Instructions: Goto <label>, label <label>, if_wall <operation>, turn left, turn right, forward.]

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Softwire.

Applied through their website. The application process is very pragmatic and streamlined (perhaps to a fault). Had to register for an initial phone interview through another website - you are essentially free to choose whatever date or time fits your schedule.
    The phone interview lasted around 30-45 minutes and was technical in nature - some technical questions based on my application and a couple of algorithmic questions. The latter were quite thorough. You are basically asked to design algorithms for some apparently straightforward problems - you have to explain your assumptions and reasoning, motivate your decisions, identify any problems with the solutions you come up with etc.

Interview Questions
    • Measure how fragile an egg is using a ladder (of given height or infinite height) and a number (again, infinite or fixed) of eggs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Softwire in September 2013.

Applied, was contacted within a day to arrange phone interview. Did not expect it to be that fast. Choosing a phone interview is done online by logging in, and selecting one of numerous dates and times. The interviewer himself was friendly, and offered fairly limited help when stuck with one of the technical questions.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Softwire in June 2013.

Amazing recruitment process. Only 2 days of wait between each phase. You need to fill in a form on their website and then you get an answer in 2 days top. Then you have a very interesting interview where you're tested on your way of thinking instead of a technical test on any programming language.

You get two questions so the interviewer (who is also a developer/engineer in the company, no one from HR) can understand how you think and handle the logic of the problem.

I haven't got further than this phase.

Interview Questions
    • The second phase has some difficult parts where they want you to translate a solution you gave to a problem into a math formula. Since my math was a bit rusty I struggled in this part and that's why I haven't passed (I asked for direct feedback where I failed and they gave it to me)   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Softwire in April 2013.

Very fast and efficient interview process. I received an invitation for a phone interview and the description about the further steps by email the next day after my application. For the phone interview you can choose basically any time. The guy I talked to was alright, gave me some hints, we had a couple of laughs, a bit of professional discussion, etc. In the beginning he asked some basic questions whether I have other applications on hold and some stuff about my previous projects. Afterwards followed two excruciating logical questions. One was about the batch, which was mentioned here before several times and in another one he asked me how would i confirm whether a string consisting of ( { and [ is correct (all the brackets are closed correctly. I dealt with this one quite quickly, however in my phone interview application I indicated that I knew the egg question so i didn't prepare for it at all and naturally he said 'so you know the question, can you answer it?' So I struggled with that one for like 20 minutes but came up with a correct solution finally in the end. It's actually just a binary search, but saying that isn't enough, you'll probably have to explain the maximums, minimums, optimums, different situations, stuff like that. So after those two questions I had a chance to ask the interviewee some questions. Overall I think that it's not the worst interview and is completely duable for a competent computer scientist or just a good logician. My interview was on friday and I received a rejection (probably struggled too much with the binary search) on saturday. Up to you to decide whether this tells you anything.

Interview Questions
    • How to find the highest step fallen from which a dropped egg wouldn't brake.   View Answer