Sogeti Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.7

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

The people that interviewed me are no longer with the company. However, the interview was informal and relaxed. I needed to follow up often to get the first interview. They like people who want to be involved with the company and not just the client.

Interview Questions
  • I was hired for the boot camp, they asked me technical questions which I couldn't answer since I hadn't been trained. They also asked me what my grades were in school, which was over 10 years ago.   View Answer
I tried to negotiate but boot campers come in at a fixed rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Sogeti

Consultant Interview

Career Fair, then interview or just referral typically an offer will occur about 3 weeks after the initial process is started. Interview was long about 4 hours with a decent amount of technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in April 2014.

I applied online as a new graduate looking for a full-time positioin around March 26 and got a call from a Corporate Recruiter on April 1. We discussed the role and expectations of a Sogeti Consultant. He was mostly interested in my interests and whether I would like to interview as an Applications Development role or a Testing Services role. After chatting for about 15 minutes, he emailed me a date and time for the next phone interview with a different Recruiter. The very same day he also emailed me a Skills Test where you have to code in C#.

I had the phone interview with a different Recruiter the very next day. He was also interested in my interests and the skills I had for the position. This interview focused more on the candidate where I was asked hypothetical questions pertaining to situations QA/Testing analysts would encounter on a daily basis. There weren't any behavioral questions. After speaking for about 45 minutes, he also explained to me the benefits of the company. I was then asked what day I would be free for an in office interview. I chose to interview a few days later. After the conservation ended, he emailed the details of the in-office interview a day after our phone conversation.

The in-office interview consisted of speaking with HR and the Unit Manager in the Houston office. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes. She asked me the typical behavior questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. Explain and give more details on some points on your resume.
    After the questions, she explained the benefits of Sogeti and what the process was for new graduates. This interview was more set as a conversation between the two of us. She didn't ask many questions, but I believe we were expected to ask them questions. We had a nice conversation about our experiences and background so prepare questions that you would like to ask, especially about Sogeti!

She then took me the Unit Manager. He again asked me to "Tell me about yourself" which I gladly did as he did not have the chance to look at my resume yet. He then asked me about my interests and what class I enjoyed the most in school. The only question he asked after that was giving me a scenario of about 5 tables ( Product, Order, Salesperson, etc.) and gave me the question, What product does Tim sell the most?, and asked me how I would figure the SQL statement that would produce the answer. He proposed this question to me after I told him that I was interested in SQL. I believe I sopke to him for about an hour and it was mostly me asking questions to him after he asked those 4 questions which went rather quickly. So again, have intelligent questions prepared!

After about 2 weeks, I was told that the Houston candidate cap had been filled. I was then asked if I was willing to work in other cities which I agreed too. I gave her the cities I was open too and she explained to me that she would pass this information on to the other recruiters and that they will contact me if there is an open position.

I was contacted the next day via phone with a full-time offer from HR. I had a few days to think about it.

Interview Questions
    • The Unit Manager gave a scenario with imaginary tables and asked me how would I go about solving this SQL problem.   Answer Question
    I actually didn't have to negotiate. After I spoke with HR on the phone, he raised my salary slightly when he sent me an email of my offer. I was quite surprised but happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2012.

The interview process is a round robin consisting of multiple interviews, 4-6, in succession with multiple candidates simulatenously. The interviews will range from technical to personal.

The technical interview will typically be performed by a senior consultant or higher and will focus on technologies that Sogeti typically deals with. In most cases this includes C#, .NET, HTML and Javascript, as well as other general programming concepts and techniques.

The personal interviews will be account executives, human resources, and the general manager of the location. This round will determine your career and personal goals.

Interview Questions
    For a college graduate there is either little or no negotiation depending on the time of year. If you are being hired at the beginning of the year you are most likely getting the current top pay for new graduates, if you are being hired in the middle of the year you can try to force another 5k.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sogeti.

I was approached by a recruiter as a college hire. Had an initial interview on campus, then took part in round-robin type interview at the office with HR Manager, Account Executive, "technical" consultant and "non-technical" consultant. Final interview was with GVP.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of technical questions that were difficult, especially since I was interviewing for a non-technical position   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2011.

The college hire process begins in the fall of the senior year. First, depending on the college Sogeti will have on-campus interviews. After that they will reach out to you if they believe that you fit the Sogeti culture and have you in for a office interview where you will interview with account executives and the area vice president. A decision will be made.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions for college hires because the technical skills can be learned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in September 2011.

Round robin of interviews with Account Executive, Vice President, Senior Manager, Technical lead and Technical expert. 4 solid hours of interviewing. Interviews included behavioral fit to the company, background and tearing apart of the Resume, a technical demonstration of code knowledge with a sample question and a comprehensive examination of technical knowledge in the chosen stack.

Interview Questions
    • Answering a list of technical questions about the stack of your choosing. Varied from simple basic programming questions to complicated system architecture questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiation on salary only. All other parts are fixed and cannot be negotiated on.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sogeti.

Had a phone interview with a recruiter first. I was then asked to come in to the office where I interviewed with three different people.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in September 2011.

It was very casual and friendly. I believe they have one of the best hiring processes I have ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • Just being able to talk about yourself and your goals.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as it was for a set salary for a consultant position.

2 phone, then 1 in-person

they asked, i provided

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!