Sogeti

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – The people that interviewed me are no longer with the company. However, the interview was informal and relaxed. I needed to follow up often to get the first interview. They like people who want to be involved with the company and not just the client.

Interview Question – I was hired for the boot camp, they asked me technical questions which I couldn't answer since I hadn't been trained. They also asked me what my grades were in school, which was over 10 years ago.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but boot campers come in at a fixed rate.

Interviewed at Sogeti

Interview Details – Career Fair, then interview or just referral typically an offer will occur about 3 weeks after the initial process is started. Interview was long about 4 hours with a decent amount of technical questions.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online as a new graduate looking for a full-time positioin around March 26 and got a call from a Corporate Recruiter on April 1. We discussed the role and expectations of a Sogeti Consultant. He was mostly interested in my interests and whether I would like to interview as an Applications Development role or a Testing Services role. After chatting for about 15 minutes, he emailed me a date and time for the next phone interview with a different Recruiter. The very same day he also emailed me a Skills Test where you have to code in C#.

I had the phone interview with a different Recruiter the very next day. He was also interested in my interests and the skills I had for the position. This interview focused more on the candidate where I was asked hypothetical questions pertaining to situations QA/Testing analysts would encounter on a daily basis. There weren't any behavioral questions. After speaking for about 45 minutes, he also explained to me the benefits of the company. I was then asked what day I would be free for an in office interview. I chose to interview a few days later. After the conservation ended, he emailed the details of the in-office interview a day after our phone conversation.

The in-office interview consisted of speaking with HR and the Unit Manager in the Houston office. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes. She asked me the typical behavior questions:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What are your strengths?
3. Explain and give more details on some points on your resume.
After the questions, she explained the benefits of Sogeti and what the process was for new graduates. This interview was more set as a conversation between the two of us. She didn't ask many questions, but I believe we were expected to ask them questions. We had a nice conversation about our experiences and background so prepare questions that you would like to ask, especially about Sogeti!

She then took me the Unit Manager. He again asked me to "Tell me about yourself" which I gladly did as he did not have the chance to look at my resume yet. He then asked me about my interests and what class I enjoyed the most in school. The only question he asked after that was giving me a scenario of about 5 tables ( Product, Order, Salesperson, etc.) and gave me the question, What product does Tim sell the most?, and asked me how I would figure the SQL statement that would produce the answer. He proposed this question to me after I told him that I was interested in SQL. I believe I sopke to him for about an hour and it was mostly me asking questions to him after he asked those 4 questions which went rather quickly. So again, have intelligent questions prepared!

After about 2 weeks, I was told that the Houston candidate cap had been filled. I was then asked if I was willing to work in other cities which I agreed too. I gave her the cities I was open too and she explained to me that she would pass this information on to the other recruiters and that they will contact me if there is an open position.

I was contacted the next day via phone with a full-time offer from HR. I had a few days to think about it.

Interview Question – The Unit Manager gave a scenario with imaginary tables and asked me how would I go about solving this SQL problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually didn't have to negotiate. After I spoke with HR on the phone, he raised my salary slightly when he sent me an email of my offer. I was quite surprised but happy.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is a round robin consisting of multiple interviews, 4-6, in succession with multiple candidates simulatenously. The interviews will range from technical to personal.

The technical interview will typically be performed by a senior consultant or higher and will focus on technologies that Sogeti typically deals with. In most cases this includes C#, .NET, HTML and Javascript, as well as other general programming concepts and techniques.

The personal interviews will be account executives, human resources, and the general manager of the location. This round will determine your career and personal goals.

Interview Question – What do you want to gain out of being a consultant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For a college graduate there is either little or no negotiation depending on the time of year. If you are being hired at the beginning of the year you are most likely getting the current top pay for new graduates, if you are being hired in the middle of the year you can try to force another 5k.

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter as a college hire. Had an initial interview on campus, then took part in round-robin type interview at the office with HR Manager, Account Executive, "technical" consultant and "non-technical" consultant. Final interview was with GVP.

Interview Question – There were a number of technical questions that were difficult, especially since I was interviewing for a non-technical position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2011.

Interview Details – The college hire process begins in the fall of the senior year. First, depending on the college Sogeti will have on-campus interviews. After that they will reach out to you if they believe that you fit the Sogeti culture and have you in for a office interview where you will interview with account executives and the area vice president. A decision will be made.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral questions for college hires because the technical skills can be learned.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in September 2011.

Interview Details – Round robin of interviews with Account Executive, Vice President, Senior Manager, Technical lead and Technical expert. 4 solid hours of interviewing. Interviews included behavioral fit to the company, background and tearing apart of the Resume, a technical demonstration of code knowledge with a sample question and a comprehensive examination of technical knowledge in the chosen stack.

Interview Question – Answering a list of technical questions about the stack of your choosing. Varied from simple basic programming questions to complicated system architecture questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation on salary only. All other parts are fixed and cannot be negotiated on.

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with a recruiter first. I was then asked to come in to the office where I interviewed with three different people.

Interview Question – Difference between an inner join and an outer join   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was very casual and friendly. I believe they have one of the best hiring processes I have ever been through.

Interview Question – Just being able to talk about yourself and your goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was for a set salary for a consultant position.

Interviewed at Sogeti

Interview Details – 2 phone, then 1 in-person

Negotiation Details – they asked, i provided

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sogeti

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti Consultant interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sogeti employees and interview candidates.