Sogeti

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is a round robin consisting of multiple interviews, 4-6, in succession with multiple candidates simulatenously. The interviews will range from technical to personal.

The technical interview will typically be performed by a senior consultant or higher and will focus on technologies that Sogeti typically deals with. In most cases this includes C#, .NET, HTML and Javascript, as well as other general programming concepts and techniques.

The personal interviews will be account executives, human resources, and the general manager of the location. This round will determine your career and personal goals.

Interview Question – What do you want to gain out of being a consultant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For a college graduate there is either little or no negotiation depending on the time of year. If you are being hired at the beginning of the year you are most likely getting the current top pay for new graduates, if you are being hired in the middle of the year you can try to force another 5k.

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter as a college hire. Had an initial interview on campus, then took part in round-robin type interview at the office with HR Manager, Account Executive, "technical" consultant and "non-technical" consultant. Final interview was with GVP.

Interview Question – There were a number of technical questions that were difficult, especially since I was interviewing for a non-technical position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2011.

Interview Details – The college hire process begins in the fall of the senior year. First, depending on the college Sogeti will have on-campus interviews. After that they will reach out to you if they believe that you fit the Sogeti culture and have you in for a office interview where you will interview with account executives and the area vice president. A decision will be made.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral questions for college hires because the technical skills can be learned.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in September 2011.

Interview Details – Round robin of interviews with Account Executive, Vice President, Senior Manager, Technical lead and Technical expert. 4 solid hours of interviewing. Interviews included behavioral fit to the company, background and tearing apart of the Resume, a technical demonstration of code knowledge with a sample question and a comprehensive examination of technical knowledge in the chosen stack.

Interview Question – Answering a list of technical questions about the stack of your choosing. Varied from simple basic programming questions to complicated system architecture questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation on salary only. All other parts are fixed and cannot be negotiated on.

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with a recruiter first. I was then asked to come in to the office where I interviewed with three different people.

Interview Question – Difference between an inner join and an outer join   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was very casual and friendly. I believe they have one of the best hiring processes I have ever been through.

Interview Question – Just being able to talk about yourself and your goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was for a set salary for a consultant position.

Interviewed at Sogeti

Interview Details – 2 phone, then 1 in-person

Negotiation Details – they asked, i provided

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sogeti in May 2009.

Interview Details – Two technical interviews and one interview with a practice or unit manager before getting a decision.

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty typical for my skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offerred what I asked for and given some time to think it over before accepting.

Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – I applied on a job posting site at my school and was contacted by a corporate recruiter, then had a phone conversation with the VP of application development, then traveled to the corporate headquarters for interviews with the CFO, the same VP, the director of HR, and a small group discussion with the CEO. I went to the local office that I wanted to work at and met with some people and then I received my offer on my way home.

Interview Question – Discussion with the CFO was very intimidating, though I later found out that I was in a special interview process and that is not a typical part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. 1 over skype 1 technical over phone. fairly standard

Interview Question – What can you bring to Sogeti?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sogeti

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti Consultant interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sogeti employees and interview candidates.