Sogeti Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sogeti (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recruited based on a mutual connection and immediately offered an interview with minimal review of my resume. Strike one. Before my interview, I found out they had hired another recruit the day after their interview. Strike two. Finally, in my interview I was able to discern that Sogeti is merely a staff augmentation company looking to bill clients. Strike three. The business model is built on working with "small to mid size local companies" but this IT we are talking about - implementing cloud based solutions. If you are seeking high quality IT work, you need not to consider location. The notion that those are the clients they target is silly, as those are the only clients they can get. Stay far away.

Interview Questions

• What about you makes you a better candidate for this role than anyone else?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sogeti

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Applied through an online service, went to corporate office for interviews, then went to local office for more interviews. Received an offer a few hours later. The whole process was very weird.

Interview Questions

• Almost no technical questions whatsoever. Very laid back.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

The initial communication from their campus recruiter was very friendly and professional. We met at a coffee shop and spoke about my collegiate experiences and what I was looking for in a career. The in-office visit consisted of three interviews (tech, HR, and from an account executive). The tech interview went over what technologies I learned in school and how I've applied them in projects. HR interview went over my resume, GPA, coursework, etc. The sales interview went over behavioral questions (fit interview). Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would see how *that* lamp over there is broken.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Formal, phone + tech+ in person + mngt + HR interview, helps to know someone within, prefer consulting background, good interaction, explained offer and benefits, challenging and unstable when bench in between projects and if you hoping cold with no inside relationships

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to change one thing what would that be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was laid back and professional. I met with a recruiter and a consultant. Both representatives were friendly and answered questions very well. Overall I was pleased with the experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a 30 min screening interview with a recruiter on-campus. Had a second 1 1/2 hour interview on site at the office. Talked with a recruiter, the head of delivery, and a senior manager. Had both behavioral and technical interviews. It was a run of the mill technical job interview. I have heard from co-workers that the interview process can vary greatly depending on who is running the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very foundational questions of computer science like the paradigms of object oriented programming   1 Answer
    • The usual question of why I want to work for the company   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

The people that interviewed me are no longer with the company. However, the interview was informal and relaxed. I needed to follow up often to get the first interview. They like people who want to be involved with the company and not just the client.

Interview Questions

• I was hired for the boot camp, they asked me technical questions which I couldn't answer since I hadn't been trained. They also asked me what my grades were in school, which was over 10 years ago.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but boot campers come in at a fixed rate.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Career Fair, then interview or just referral typically an offer will occur about 3 weeks after the initial process is started. Interview was long about 4 hours with a decent amount of technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sogeti (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back 2-3 step process. HR recruiters were so nice and welcoming and made interview a very pleasant experience and truly what sold me with the company along with competitive pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in May 2014.

Interview

Long and tedious. Very relaxed and enjoyable.Met a lot of great people and they were all very friendly. Phone interviews were much more relaxed than expected and flowed like normal conversation.