Sogeti Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sogeti (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recruited based on a mutual connection and immediately offered an interview with minimal review of my resume. Strike one. Before my interview, I found out they had hired another recruit the day after their interview. Strike two. Finally, in my interview I was able to discern that Sogeti is merely a staff augmentation company looking to bill clients. Strike three. The business model is built on working with "small to mid size local companies" but this IT we are talking about - implementing cloud based solutions. If you are seeking high quality IT work, you need not to consider location. The notion that those are the clients they target is silly, as those are the only clients they can get. Stay far away.

Interview Questions

• What about you makes you a better candidate for this role than anyone else?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sogeti

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Applied through an online service, went to corporate office for interviews, then went to local office for more interviews. Received an offer a few hours later. The whole process was very weird.

Interview Questions

• Almost no technical questions whatsoever. Very laid back.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

The initial communication from their campus recruiter was very friendly and professional. We met at a coffee shop and spoke about my collegiate experiences and what I was looking for in a career. The in-office visit consisted of three interviews (tech, HR, and from an account executive). The tech interview went over what technologies I learned in school and how I've applied them in projects. HR interview went over my resume, GPA, coursework, etc. The sales interview went over behavioral questions (fit interview). Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would see how *that* lamp over there is broken.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Formal, phone + tech+ in person + mngt + HR interview, helps to know someone within, prefer consulting background, good interaction, explained offer and benefits, challenging and unstable when bench in between projects and if you hoping cold with no inside relationships

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to change one thing what would that be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was laid back and professional. I met with a recruiter and a consultant. Both representatives were friendly and answered questions very well. Overall I was pleased with the experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a 30 min screening interview with a recruiter on-campus. Had a second 1 1/2 hour interview on site at the office. Talked with a recruiter, the head of delivery, and a senior manager. Had both behavioral and technical interviews. It was a run of the mill technical job interview. I have heard from co-workers that the interview process can vary greatly depending on who is running the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very foundational questions of computer science like the paradigms of object oriented programming   1 Answer
    • The usual question of why I want to work for the company   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

The people that interviewed me are no longer with the company. However, the interview was informal and relaxed. I needed to follow up often to get the first interview. They like people who want to be involved with the company and not just the client.

Interview Questions

• I was hired for the boot camp, they asked me technical questions which I couldn't answer since I hadn't been trained. They also asked me what my grades were in school, which was over 10 years ago.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but boot campers come in at a fixed rate.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Career Fair, then interview or just referral typically an offer will occur about 3 weeks after the initial process is started. Interview was long about 4 hours with a decent amount of technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sogeti (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back 2-3 step process. HR recruiters were so nice and welcoming and made interview a very pleasant experience and truly what sold me with the company along with competitive pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online as a new graduate looking for a full-time positioin around March 26 and got a call from a Corporate Recruiter on April 1. We discussed the role and expectations of a Sogeti Consultant. He was mostly interested in my interests and whether I would like to interview as an Applications Development role or a Testing Services role. After chatting for about 15 minutes, he emailed me a date and time for the next phone interview with a different Recruiter. The very same day he also emailed me a Skills Test where you have to code in C#. I had the phone interview with a different Recruiter the very next day. He was also interested in my interests and the skills I had for the position. This interview focused more on the candidate where I was asked hypothetical questions pertaining to situations QA/Testing analysts would encounter on a daily basis. There weren't any behavioral questions. After speaking for about 45 minutes, he also explained to me the benefits of the company. I was then asked what day I would be free for an in office interview. I chose to interview a few days later. After the conservation ended, he emailed the details of the in-office interview a day after our phone conversation. The in-office interview consisted of speaking with HR and the Unit Manager in the Houston office. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes. She asked me the typical behavior questions: 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What are your strengths? 3. Explain and give more details on some points on your resume. After the questions, she explained the benefits of Sogeti and what the process was for new graduates. This interview was more set as a conversation between the two of us. She didn't ask many questions, but I believe we were expected to ask them questions. We had a nice conversation about our experiences and background so prepare questions that you would like to ask, especially about Sogeti! She then took me the Unit Manager. He again asked me to "Tell me about yourself" which I gladly did as he did not have the chance to look at my resume yet. He then asked me about my interests and what class I enjoyed the most in school. The only question he asked after that was giving me a scenario of about 5 tables ( Product, Order, Salesperson, etc.) and gave me the question, What product does Tim sell the most?, and asked me how I would figure the SQL statement that would produce the answer. He proposed this question to me after I told him that I was interested in SQL. I believe I sopke to him for about an hour and it was mostly me asking questions to him after he asked those 4 questions which went rather quickly. So again, have intelligent questions prepared! After about 2 weeks, I was told that the Houston candidate cap had been filled. I was then asked if I was willing to work in other cities which I agreed too. I gave her the cities I was open too and she explained to me that she would pass this information on to the other recruiters and that they will contact me if there is an open position. I was contacted the next day via phone with a full-time offer from HR. I had a few days to think about it.

Interview Questions

• The Unit Manager gave a scenario with imaginary tables and asked me how would I go about solving this SQL problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually didn't have to negotiate. After I spoke with HR on the phone, he raised my salary slightly when he sent me an email of my offer. I was quite surprised but happy.