Sogeti

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sogeti in April 2011.

I got this interview via a career fair on my campus. I was told on the day of the interview they would be in touch the following week. Long story short after a month of "we'll let you know next week", I stopped calling and never heard from them again.

The interview consisted of three parts; only one of them consisted of technical questions. These were easy, generic OOP and SQL concepts. Overall the experience was very pleasant, low key, and friendly... I'm rather disappointed that the recruiter would not return my calls.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between an inner and outer join in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would deconstruct the Monopoly board game into a set of objects for a Java program.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sogeti in December 2010.

The interview process was long - over approximately 6 months. I had a phone interview first, and then several months later I was called in for a face to face interview. Sogeti hires based on the ability to place their consultants right away. Even though sometimes, as it happened with me, there was no project for me to go to when I started and i wound up "on the beach" for a few weeks before I actually went to my first client.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions - but I have since done a lot of interviewing for Sogeti, and I do ask some difficult questions.
      Here's one:
      What analysis and modeling techniques and methodologies have you found to be the most effective, and why?

View Answer
    I did not negotiate after the offer was made - I stated on my application the salary I wanted to receive and my offer letter contained that salary.