Sogeti Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in October 2014.

The process was laid back and professional. I met with a recruiter and a consultant. Both representatives were friendly and answered questions very well. Overall I was pleased with the experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in April 2014.

I applied online as a new graduate looking for a full-time positioin around March 26 and got a call from a Corporate Recruiter on April 1. We discussed the role and expectations of a Sogeti Consultant. He was mostly interested in my interests and whether I would like to interview as an Applications Development role or a Testing Services role. After chatting for about 15 minutes, he emailed me a date and time for the next phone interview with a different Recruiter. The very same day he also emailed me a Skills Test where you have to code in C#.

I had the phone interview with a different Recruiter the very next day. He was also interested in my interests and the skills I had for the position. This interview focused more on the candidate where I was asked hypothetical questions pertaining to situations QA/Testing analysts would encounter on a daily basis. There weren't any behavioral questions. After speaking for about 45 minutes, he also explained to me the benefits of the company. I was then asked what day I would be free for an in office interview. I chose to interview a few days later. After the conservation ended, he emailed the details of the in-office interview a day after our phone conversation.

The in-office interview consisted of speaking with HR and the Unit Manager in the Houston office. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes. She asked me the typical behavior questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. Explain and give more details on some points on your resume.
    After the questions, she explained the benefits of Sogeti and what the process was for new graduates. This interview was more set as a conversation between the two of us. She didn't ask many questions, but I believe we were expected to ask them questions. We had a nice conversation about our experiences and background so prepare questions that you would like to ask, especially about Sogeti!

She then took me the Unit Manager. He again asked me to "Tell me about yourself" which I gladly did as he did not have the chance to look at my resume yet. He then asked me about my interests and what class I enjoyed the most in school. The only question he asked after that was giving me a scenario of about 5 tables ( Product, Order, Salesperson, etc.) and gave me the question, What product does Tim sell the most?, and asked me how I would figure the SQL statement that would produce the answer. He proposed this question to me after I told him that I was interested in SQL. I believe I sopke to him for about an hour and it was mostly me asking questions to him after he asked those 4 questions which went rather quickly. So again, have intelligent questions prepared!

After about 2 weeks, I was told that the Houston candidate cap had been filled. I was then asked if I was willing to work in other cities which I agreed too. I gave her the cities I was open too and she explained to me that she would pass this information on to the other recruiters and that they will contact me if there is an open position.

I was contacted the next day via phone with a full-time offer from HR. I had a few days to think about it.

Interview Questions
    • The Unit Manager gave a scenario with imaginary tables and asked me how would I go about solving this SQL problem.   Answer Question
    I actually didn't have to negotiate. After I spoke with HR on the phone, he raised my salary slightly when he sent me an email of my offer. I was quite surprised but happy.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in July 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter who arranged a phone interview with a Sogeti Director. It took several attempts to connect with the interviewer who was too busy to make the phone calls. The phone interview was informal and provided adequate detail about the position requirements. In retrospective, the interviewer provided clues to problems in the organizations ability to perform project based work. The interview was followed by a 1:1 in person interview with a peer. The 1:1 was also informal. Typical questions about style and experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or probing questions asked during the interview process. The interview questions were informal and directed at reciting experience and skills already noted on the resume   Answer Question
    Although compensation had been discussed during the recruiting and interview process, a substantially lower offer was made, which I rejected (warning sign). After several days a final offer was made which was in-line with the originally discussed compensation requirements.

Developer/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sogeti in February 2010.

It started with a phone screen, which prompted a full review of my resume by higher ups. I then did a technical phone screen with a senior staff member. The feedback from that was postive which led to a phone interview with a technical VP. The VP then brought me into a team interview for a specific project they wanted me on. That ended with the VP indicating he wanted me on board and telling me about the company. Did a final interview with the hiring manager to make sure I wanted the job and to discuss pay. They sent me an offer package a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your data analysis experience and how you remediated the data.   View Answer
    Yes, we discussed previous salary and my expectations. They made me an offer on the high end of my expectations given the current state of pay generally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sogeti in May 2009.

Two technical interviews and one interview with a practice or unit manager before getting a decision.

Interview Questions
    I was offerred what I asked for and given some time to think it over before accepting.

ETL Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in August 2008.

Technical Interview by Phone