Sogeti

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.6

Principal Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sogeti in October 2007.

My initial communication with the company was an inquiry from a corporate recruiter for the organization. Reference was made to seeing my resume on Monster.com. I agreed to an initial phone interview with the recruiter and several subsequent phone interviews with technical people in the organization. Following this was an in-office interview with key management personnel as well as additional face-to-face technical interviews. The interviewers were interested, friendly, and thorough with their questions. In-depth technical questions were asked. This company cares about their people and truly values self-motivated learners who are interested in making things happen.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a work situation in which you failed, and how did you respond to the situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you expect to be doing in 5 years? In 10 years?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was typical. As always, consider non-salary compensation accurately.

Developer/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sogeti in February 2010.

It started with a phone screen, which prompted a full review of my resume by higher ups. I then did a technical phone screen with a senior staff member. The feedback from that was postive which led to a phone interview with a technical VP. The VP then brought me into a team interview for a specific project they wanted me on. That ended with the VP indicating he wanted me on board and telling me about the company. Did a final interview with the hiring manager to make sure I wanted the job and to discuss pay. They sent me an offer package a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your data analysis experience and how you remediated the data.   View Answer
    Yes, we discussed previous salary and my expectations. They made me an offer on the high end of my expectations given the current state of pay generally.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sogeti.

- telephonic round
    - first round with senior manager
    - Second round with technical director
    - Client interview first round
    - Client interview second round

Interview Questions
    • - some very basic questions catch you off guard
      - hypothetical scenarios which involves multiple clients and suppliers along with difficult stakeholders.

Answer Question
    not very flexible

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sogeti in October 2012.

The interview process is a round robin consisting of multiple interviews, 4-6, in succession with multiple candidates simulatenously. The interviews will range from technical to personal.

The technical interview will typically be performed by a senior consultant or higher and will focus on technologies that Sogeti typically deals with. In most cases this includes C#, .NET, HTML and Javascript, as well as other general programming concepts and techniques.

The personal interviews will be account executives, human resources, and the general manager of the location. This round will determine your career and personal goals.

Interview Questions
    For a college graduate there is either little or no negotiation depending on the time of year. If you are being hired at the beginning of the year you are most likely getting the current top pay for new graduates, if you are being hired in the middle of the year you can try to force another 5k.

BI Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in January 2013.

Initially had phone interview with the recruiter that was pretty basic. After the phone interview I had two interviews with a Senior Consultant and Manager that were generally about background and history. Following those I interviewed with the Manager and then the geographic VP, both of which were general "get to know you" type questions and more of the same. The final interview was on the phone with the practice lead that I would be placed in.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest part was the interview with the practice lead. Actual technical questions were asked regarding technical skills I had listed.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation on salary.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sogeti in March 2014.

The recruiter was very nice and professional. The interview process is a bit informal and confusing. I was asked to drive to a clients office for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific questions regarding a PM methodology was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Junior Test Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sogeti.

The hiring process took very long. My application was delayed for more then three months. HR seemed very nice though. Took a telephone Interview. Then I was invited for an interview with the manager. The manager I got interviewed was very stern and rarely smiled. He was very serious about his work and he will poke every nook and cranny in your CV. Afterwards, there was paper written test. My only concern with the whole interview process was, it didnt matter what I did to impress the interviewer, as long as you got a high mark in your test nothing else matter. I am under the impression that you can be negative person and be able to work here.
    HR did not respond back with my results I had to phone HR months later to get my results of my paper test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but just keep your CV in check and everything should be fine.   Answer Question

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in April 2012.

Meeting with HR, Practice Lead, GVP to discuss roll. Some technical questions, but mostly around culture fit and assignment. It was clear it was to fill a roll for a project that had started.

Nothing

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in October 2014.

The process was laid back and professional. I met with a recruiter and a consultant. Both representatives were friendly and answered questions very well. Overall I was pleased with the experience.

IT Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sogeti in May 2014.

I met an on-campus recruiter and had a very positive interaction. Over a month later I was contacted to schedule an on-campus interview, which took place some three weeks later. It was short- about 20 minutes and covered my background and entry-level questions about consulting- what is consulting? what is the process like and what does it entail? etc

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when improper requirements discovery resulted in scope creep of a project   Answer Question
    Very easy- they offer the same starting deal to all new hires which is very reasonable.