Sogeti Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
82 interviews

2.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in March 2014.

The recruiter was very nice and professional. The interview process is a bit informal and confusing. I was asked to drive to a clients office for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific questions regarding a PM methodology was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2007.

My initial communication with the company was an inquiry from a corporate recruiter for the organization. Reference was made to seeing my resume on Monster.com. I agreed to an initial phone interview with the recruiter and several subsequent phone interviews with technical people in the organization. Following this was an in-office interview with key management personnel as well as additional face-to-face technical interviews. The interviewers were interested, friendly, and thorough with their questions. In-depth technical questions were asked. This company cares about their people and truly values self-motivated learners who are interested in making things happen.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a work situation in which you failed, and how did you respond to the situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you expect to be doing in 5 years? In 10 years?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was typical. As always, consider non-salary compensation accurately.

Developer/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sogeti in February 2010.

It started with a phone screen, which prompted a full review of my resume by higher ups. I then did a technical phone screen with a senior staff member. The feedback from that was postive which led to a phone interview with a technical VP. The VP then brought me into a team interview for a specific project they wanted me on. That ended with the VP indicating he wanted me on board and telling me about the company. Did a final interview with the hiring manager to make sure I wanted the job and to discuss pay. They sent me an offer package a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your data analysis experience and how you remediated the data.   View Answer
    Yes, we discussed previous salary and my expectations. They made me an offer on the high end of my expectations given the current state of pay generally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2012.

The interview process is a round robin consisting of multiple interviews, 4-6, in succession with multiple candidates simulatenously. The interviews will range from technical to personal.

The technical interview will typically be performed by a senior consultant or higher and will focus on technologies that Sogeti typically deals with. In most cases this includes C#, .NET, HTML and Javascript, as well as other general programming concepts and techniques.

The personal interviews will be account executives, human resources, and the general manager of the location. This round will determine your career and personal goals.

Interview Questions
    For a college graduate there is either little or no negotiation depending on the time of year. If you are being hired at the beginning of the year you are most likely getting the current top pay for new graduates, if you are being hired in the middle of the year you can try to force another 5k.

BI Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in January 2013.

Initially had phone interview with the recruiter that was pretty basic. After the phone interview I had two interviews with a Senior Consultant and Manager that were generally about background and history. Following those I interviewed with the Manager and then the geographic VP, both of which were general "get to know you" type questions and more of the same. The final interview was on the phone with the practice lead that I would be placed in.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest part was the interview with the practice lead. Actual technical questions were asked regarding technical skills I had listed.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation on salary.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

- telephonic round
    - first round with senior manager
    - Second round with technical director
    - Client interview first round
    - Client interview second round

Interview Questions
    • - some very basic questions catch you off guard
      - hypothetical scenarios which involves multiple clients and suppliers along with difficult stakeholders.
        Answer Question
    not very flexible

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sogeti in August 2013.

When they have a position for you it can happen very quickly, but if you don't have a BS etc. they will only hire yo as a contractor. ( 4 classes away from BS in Comp Sci with 33 years experience did not matter) I was interviewed one week and was hired the next week since the position was starting the next week.

Interview Questions
    • We are looking for long term players, not just a temp job for now.   View Answer
    I was a contractor, and they did not offer any benefits, so they raise the hourly rate to cover my expected health insurance. I heard another person had contractor hourly rate increased since they had a large commute.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in May 2009.

The interview process is pretty simple. You must have at least a bachelor's degree to get hired, unless they have a need for an experienced person with a certain skill set. The check your resume to see what you have done in the past. They will do a technical interview and if you pass on all of this they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed I had to take an online exam for Lotus Notes. Things have changed a lot since I was hired.   Answer Question
    I told them how much I wanted. They countered with what they were willing to pay. It was still within my acceptable range so I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2011.

The college hire process begins in the fall of the senior year. First, depending on the college Sogeti will have on-campus interviews. After that they will reach out to you if they believe that you fit the Sogeti culture and have you in for a office interview where you will interview with account executives and the area vice president. A decision will be made.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions for college hires because the technical skills can be learned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in April 2014.

I applied online as a new graduate looking for a full-time positioin around March 26 and got a call from a Corporate Recruiter on April 1. We discussed the role and expectations of a Sogeti Consultant. He was mostly interested in my interests and whether I would like to interview as an Applications Development role or a Testing Services role. After chatting for about 15 minutes, he emailed me a date and time for the next phone interview with a different Recruiter. The very same day he also emailed me a Skills Test where you have to code in C#.

I had the phone interview with a different Recruiter the very next day. He was also interested in my interests and the skills I had for the position. This interview focused more on the candidate where I was asked hypothetical questions pertaining to situations QA/Testing analysts would encounter on a daily basis. There weren't any behavioral questions. After speaking for about 45 minutes, he also explained to me the benefits of the company. I was then asked what day I would be free for an in office interview. I chose to interview a few days later. After the conservation ended, he emailed the details of the in-office interview a day after our phone conversation.

The in-office interview consisted of speaking with HR and the Unit Manager in the Houston office. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes. She asked me the typical behavior questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. Explain and give more details on some points on your resume.
    After the questions, she explained the benefits of Sogeti and what the process was for new graduates. This interview was more set as a conversation between the two of us. She didn't ask many questions, but I believe we were expected to ask them questions. We had a nice conversation about our experiences and background so prepare questions that you would like to ask, especially about Sogeti!

She then took me the Unit Manager. He again asked me to "Tell me about yourself" which I gladly did as he did not have the chance to look at my resume yet. He then asked me about my interests and what class I enjoyed the most in school. The only question he asked after that was giving me a scenario of about 5 tables ( Product, Order, Salesperson, etc.) and gave me the question, What product does Tim sell the most?, and asked me how I would figure the SQL statement that would produce the answer. He proposed this question to me after I told him that I was interested in SQL. I believe I sopke to him for about an hour and it was mostly me asking questions to him after he asked those 4 questions which went rather quickly. So again, have intelligent questions prepared!

After about 2 weeks, I was told that the Houston candidate cap had been filled. I was then asked if I was willing to work in other cities which I agreed too. I gave her the cities I was open too and she explained to me that she would pass this information on to the other recruiters and that they will contact me if there is an open position.

I was contacted the next day via phone with a full-time offer from HR. I had a few days to think about it.

Interview Questions
    • The Unit Manager gave a scenario with imaginary tables and asked me how would I go about solving this SQL problem.   Answer Question
    I actually didn't have to negotiate. After I spoke with HR on the phone, he raised my salary slightly when he sent me an email of my offer. I was quite surprised but happy.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!