Sogeti

2.6

IT Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sogeti in May 2014.

I met an on-campus recruiter and had a very positive interaction. Over a month later I was contacted to schedule an on-campus interview, which took place some three weeks later. It was short- about 20 minutes and covered my background and entry-level questions about consulting- what is consulting? what is the process like and what does it entail? etc

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when improper requirements discovery resulted in scope creep of a project   Answer Question
    Very easy- they offer the same starting deal to all new hires which is very reasonable.

Manager Consultant Interview

My hiring process came as a referral of another Sogeti employee, so it was short and direct.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle communicating with a C-level project stakeholder in a meeting when tensions become raised?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sogeti in April 2014.

I applied online as a new graduate looking for a full-time positioin around March 26 and got a call from a Corporate Recruiter on April 1. We discussed the role and expectations of a Sogeti Consultant. He was mostly interested in my interests and whether I would like to interview as an Applications Development role or a Testing Services role. After chatting for about 15 minutes, he emailed me a date and time for the next phone interview with a different Recruiter. The very same day he also emailed me a Skills Test where you have to code in C#.

I had the phone interview with a different Recruiter the very next day. He was also interested in my interests and the skills I had for the position. This interview focused more on the candidate where I was asked hypothetical questions pertaining to situations QA/Testing analysts would encounter on a daily basis. There weren't any behavioral questions. After speaking for about 45 minutes, he also explained to me the benefits of the company. I was then asked what day I would be free for an in office interview. I chose to interview a few days later. After the conservation ended, he emailed the details of the in-office interview a day after our phone conversation.

The in-office interview consisted of speaking with HR and the Unit Manager in the Houston office. I spoke with HR for about 30 minutes. She asked me the typical behavior questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. Explain and give more details on some points on your resume.
    After the questions, she explained the benefits of Sogeti and what the process was for new graduates. This interview was more set as a conversation between the two of us. She didn't ask many questions, but I believe we were expected to ask them questions. We had a nice conversation about our experiences and background so prepare questions that you would like to ask, especially about Sogeti!

She then took me the Unit Manager. He again asked me to "Tell me about yourself" which I gladly did as he did not have the chance to look at my resume yet. He then asked me about my interests and what class I enjoyed the most in school. The only question he asked after that was giving me a scenario of about 5 tables ( Product, Order, Salesperson, etc.) and gave me the question, What product does Tim sell the most?, and asked me how I would figure the SQL statement that would produce the answer. He proposed this question to me after I told him that I was interested in SQL. I believe I sopke to him for about an hour and it was mostly me asking questions to him after he asked those 4 questions which went rather quickly. So again, have intelligent questions prepared!

After about 2 weeks, I was told that the Houston candidate cap had been filled. I was then asked if I was willing to work in other cities which I agreed too. I gave her the cities I was open too and she explained to me that she would pass this information on to the other recruiters and that they will contact me if there is an open position.

I was contacted the next day via phone with a full-time offer from HR. I had a few days to think about it.

Interview Questions
    • The Unit Manager gave a scenario with imaginary tables and asked me how would I go about solving this SQL problem.   Answer Question
    I actually didn't have to negotiate. After I spoke with HR on the phone, he raised my salary slightly when he sent me an email of my offer. I was quite surprised but happy.

Senior Delivery Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sogeti.

initial communication was via email/phone. interviewed with 2 people - nothing outstanding to mention, position was told me as Sr Delivery Manager in NJ . coordination was chaos - interviewer calling out of the blue to interview withouth prior confirmation on the date/time and duration or for that matter name of the person calling.... , being late, being at the airport (noisy place) and just before the client interview , i was told it was release manager job.

Interview Questions
    • nothing to mention. I dont think they k now how to interview or interview in the US.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sogeti in March 2014.

The recruiter was very nice and professional. The interview process is a bit informal and confusing. I was asked to drive to a clients office for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific questions regarding a PM methodology was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sogeti.

I was approached by a recruiter as a college hire. Had an initial interview on campus, then took part in round-robin type interview at the office with HR Manager, Account Executive, "technical" consultant and "non-technical" consultant. Final interview was with GVP.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of technical questions that were difficult, especially since I was interviewing for a non-technical position   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sogeti in February 2014.

I met with the Sr. VP of the West and Client Partner for the Microsoft account. I was asked general project management questions, dealing with difficult clients, managing employees, and ability to sell consulting services. The office didn’t have a receptionist, so you ring a bell for assistance when you arrive, which seemed a bit odd for a professional consulting firm, but the people I met seemed nice and were personable.

Interview Questions
    • Toward the end of my interview with the Sr. VP, I was asked is I was marred, how long I had been marred, did I have any children, and finally how old are my children. I was actually in shock to have been asked any of these questions. Upon the conclusion of that interview I was taken to the HR department to meet with a Sr. Manager for West Region HR, who I shared the question that were asked of me. He said he would follow up with me next week and I never heard from his even after I attempted to contact via email and phone.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sogeti in January 2014.

Contacted via LinkedIn
    Phone screen
    One - on - One interview for 45 mins with the direct manager
    Got an offer after 2 weeks. Accepted after a month.

Interview Questions
    • Not much. Just a few basic questions. Very easy for someone who has already been through a lot of behavioral interviews   Answer Question

Not something that I wanted to do in the long-term

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sogeti.

Had a phone interview with a recruiter first. I was then asked to come in to the office where I interviewed with three different people.

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sogeti.

Had 2 interviews, 1 on-campus interview and 1 at the Sogeti office. The interviewing process was great; you're set up with multiple people to interview with. Everyone was really nice and easy to get along with. I feel the interviewing process is more to see if you're a fit for the culture at Sogeti

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just keep cool and be yourself.   Answer Question