Sogeti

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Lincoln, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had one interview that went well. Was asked to have a second interview and then there was no response to confirm a second interview date and time. Follow through is quite poor. Very disappointed and would never do business with them if I am in a position to select a service provider in the future. Moreover they called me and I did not apply to them ! Not a way to build a reputation for professionalism!

Interview Question – Didn't encounter one!   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – They have you come in early in the morning and stay for 3-4 hours. Interviews are with multiple people and there is a good mix of technical and soft skills. Some mix the two quite fluidly.

Interview Question – SQL Queries   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – An initial phone screen with a HR rep, got invited to the office. Chat with the same rep for over an hour about the company. Then spoke to a developer who wasn't very friendly. He just didn't seem like he was having a good day and it rubbed on me.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about Hibernate.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sogeti

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a week or so. A phone interview was scheduled and the interviewer called at the expected time. We discussed the company and its operations before addressing the job itself. At this point, it was mutually determined that their office was not a good fit for me, but that my skills might fit the needs of another Sogeti office. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, though I was surprised to find that they were looking for a consultant with programming experience.   Answer Question

Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career website and got a call about a week later. I did a phone interview then went into HQ for an interview with the execs.

It was nice to see the execs cared about meeting prospective employees fresh out of college. But the actual interviews with them were revealing. My supposed 'technical interview' was with an executive who had not done programming in years. He asked me to explain what Github was. This is very ironic considering the 5 hours I spent there they preached about adapting to new technologies and challenges.

I didn't get an offer from them but I think it's because I've never programmed in java. I was frankly surprised I got as far as I did considering everything they build is in java.

PS some programs (like the one I was applying for) require you to do a two week bootcamp in Dayton. They don't explain this up front. There is nothing to do in Dayton.

Interview Question – Write a SQL join statement   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sogeti

Interview Details – Applied through career fair had interview the next week/ 2 Interviews with supervisor and HR which turned into job offer.

Interview Question – What salary do you expect?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I dont want to live in Dayton

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sogeti in August 2009.

Interview Details – There wasn't really one. If they like your resume they look for work for you - that's when you have an interview. But, that's not with Sogeti... it's with the hiring company.

Interview Question – None - just have a good resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I laid out my conditions and they accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sogeti in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was long - over approximately 6 months. I had a phone interview first, and then several months later I was called in for a face to face interview. Sogeti hires based on the ability to place their consultants right away. Even though sometimes, as it happened with me, there was no project for me to go to when I started and i wound up "on the beach" for a few weeks before I actually went to my first client.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult questions - but I have since done a lot of interviewing for Sogeti, and I do ask some difficult questions.
Here's one:
What analysis and modeling techniques and methodologies have you found to be the most effective, and why?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate after the offer was made - I stated on my application the salary I wanted to receive and my offer letter contained that salary.

Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and then had an initial phone interview. Being a college student, I went into my first in person interview with several other graduating soon college students. I had an initial interview with an account executive, then had another interview with a panel of people from Human Resources. About two to three weeks later I was asked to come in for a second in person interview. I had two different interviews with individuals from the consulting team. About a week later they called me back with an offer.

Interview Question – Not very technical interview, but was asked quite a bit about my past experiences in the classroom as well out in the business world.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional in appearance and in the series of questions not sure they know what PM's do and seems very much bonus driven to get people hired.

Interview Question – None - Don't think they care who they hire as long as they have bodies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They really wanted someone with my specific skills set salary was not an issue which is why I acccepted money does not equal happiness.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sogeti