Sogeti

Updated Dec 13, 2013

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty simple. You must have at least a bachelor's degree to get hired, unless they have a need for an experienced person with a certain skill set. The check your resume to see what you have done in the past. They will do a technical interview and if you pass on all of this they will hire you.

Interview Question – When I interviewed I had to take an online exam for Lotus Notes. Things have changed a lot since I was hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them how much I wanted. They countered with what they were willing to pay. It was still within my acceptable range so I took it.

Interviewed at Sogeti

Interview Details – HR intrerview, Technical Phone Interview and Final Interviw with Director

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sogeti in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was long - over approximately 6 months. I had a phone interview first, and then several months later I was called in for a face to face interview. Sogeti hires based on the ability to place their consultants right away. Even though sometimes, as it happened with me, there was no project for me to go to when I started and i wound up "on the beach" for a few weeks before I actually went to my first client.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult questions - but I have since done a lot of interviewing for Sogeti, and I do ask some difficult questions.
Here's one:
What analysis and modeling techniques and methodologies have you found to be the most effective, and why?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate after the offer was made - I stated on my application the salary I wanted to receive and my offer letter contained that salary.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional in appearance and in the series of questions not sure they know what PM's do and seems very much bonus driven to get people hired.

Interview Question – None - Don't think they care who they hire as long as they have bodies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They really wanted someone with my specific skills set salary was not an issue which is why I acccepted money does not equal happiness.

Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – Ask many questions, think outside the box when developing your questions.

Negotiation Details – Provide a salary range and maintain your numbers.

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in July 2008.

Interview Details – Super easy job interview almost non-techy

Interview Question – About your biggest faults and things you can improve about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy negotiation specially if you are a developer.

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview Details – Had interview with the Project Manager. He went on the technical details of the project and my experience with similar projects in past

Interview Question – Why are you moving from New York to Cincinnati? And   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a package with relocation and I accepted it

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sogeti in January 2012.

Interview Details – technical round, hr interview, multiple technical runds

Interview Question – describe yourself, describe previous experience, algorithm questions   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sogeti in January 2011.

Interview Details – Standard questions about projects, with a review of the resume and then few scenario based questions.
Interviewers seemed honest and happy about their line of work.
They are primarily looking for people who not only deliver but also promote and sell Sogeti services and bring in more revenue. Guess that means, more sales = good job.

Interview Question – What is SDLC   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There is nothing to negotiate, its either take it or leave it.
Their standard reasons start with "In this economy ...."

Flat salary range, cannot negotiate benefits, no relocation or sign on bonus.. Why... " In this economy..blah blah blah"

Westchester, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sogeti in September 2010.

Interview Details – The initial interview (technical interview) was on phone for about 45 minutes. I was asked technical questions on almost everything I have mentioned on my resume.
The second round of interview was face to face with the senior management. It was 1:1 interview and the interview was more focused on the projects I have done. They said they will get back to me a day after, which they did. They said they liked me a lot but cannot offer me a position at this time because of budget constraints.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sogeti

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sogeti employees and interview candidates.