Sogeti

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sogeti in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met with the Sr. VP of the West and Client Partner for the Microsoft account. I was asked general project management questions, dealing with difficult clients, managing employees, and ability to sell consulting services. The office didn’t have a receptionist, so you ring a bell for assistance when you arrive, which seemed a bit odd for a professional consulting firm, but the people I met seemed nice and were personable.

Interview Question – Toward the end of my interview with the Sr. VP, I was asked is I was marred, how long I had been marred, did I have any children, and finally how old are my children. I was actually in shock to have been asked any of these questions. Upon the conclusion of that interview I was taken to the HR department to meet with a Sr. Manager for West Region HR, who I shared the question that were asked of me. He said he would follow up with me next week and I never heard from his even after I attempted to contact via email and phone.   Answer Question

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in June 2011.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview with a Sogeti recruiter. I then had a phone interview with a practice VP. Each went very well. I then went to the local office and had two face-to-face interviews. The first was with the area VP, and then with the recruiter and the head of HR. Each of those went well, and I was told I would talk to at least one more person. I had a phone interview with the practice guy that would be my boss, and that call went very well too. I then had a call with his boss, another VP in another city. I had been told that would be it, but then I was asked to have a call with the practice VP that I had spoken to earlier in the process. After I spoke with him, it was about two more weeks before I was offered the position.

At every step of the way, each and every person was kind, friendly, helpful and encouraging. That went a long way to me wanting to join Sogeti. When I went in to sign the papers, the VP and an account manager came to say hi, welcome me to the team and we even chatted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I make a great salary at my current employer, so I just asked to have a lateral in terms of pay. I was told that puts me at the high end of the range, but they were very open about it. We agreed to terms at the very beginning. It was never an issue. Personally, I find that simple honesty about what you need works best. A company will either meet your number or not.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sogeti in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who arranged a phone interview with a Sogeti Director. It took several attempts to connect with the interviewer who was too busy to make the phone calls. The phone interview was informal and provided adequate detail about the position requirements. In retrospective, the interviewer provided clues to problems in the organizations ability to perform project based work. The interview was followed by a 1:1 in person interview with a peer. The 1:1 was also informal. Typical questions about style and experience.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or probing questions asked during the interview process. The interview questions were informal and directed at reciting experience and skills already noted on the resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Although compensation had been discussed during the recruiting and interview process, a substantially lower offer was made, which I rejected (warning sign). After several days a final offer was made which was in-line with the originally discussed compensation requirements.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!