Solano County California

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hazardous Materials Specialist (Senior) Interview

Hazardous Materials Specialist (Senior)
Fairfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Solano County California in August 2013.

Interview Details – Overlapping interviews and over running time. Very unorganized, The test (timed) they had set up resulted in the computer locking up and no one knew the pass word. 10 minutes was wasted trying to get someone to unlock the lap top. The test photos were so small you need a magnifying glass to see the violations.

Interview Question – Applying & interpenetrating so many rules for some many violations in so little time with malfunctioning equipment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very quickly, yet he rescinded the offer within 3 weeks after the background and physical results came back positive, No reason given and I had quit my previous job at his urging. This unprofessional behavior has left me between a rock and a hard place. A hiring letter was drafted a week after the verbal, but there was never a recension notice sent!

Very Difficult Interview

Facilities Manager Interview

Facilities Manager
Fairfield, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Solano County California in October 2012.

Interview Details – As with many governmental agencies, the application process was somewhat arduous, requiring a substantial time commitment. The call back and telephone interview was warm and casual. The face-to-face interview was a-typical and caught me quite off-guard.

Interview Question – The most difficult question centered on a 30-minute computer essay requiring an outline of my priorities for the first three months in the position, under a scenario of a major support system failure. This was followed by a three-person panel interview with questions about the essay.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Analyst Interview

Senior Human Resources Analyst
Fairfield, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Solano County California in September 2008.

Interview Details – Oral Board Interview

Interview Question – Cant remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary at top of range based on salary from previous job

Worked for Solano County California? Contribute to the Community!