Solar Turbines Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Solar Turbines in February 2015.

Applied online and got a basic phone interview about 2 months later. Interviewer was polite and friendly, but I have not heard back yet. The interview was basic, asking a few questions about past experience and your interests.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Solar Turbines.

Long interview process, through volt, one in office interview with three office employees, all behavioral questions. Once hired process takes longer with extremely thorough background check which includes drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had an ethical dilemma with something your boss said.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Thorough phone screening process prior to face-to-face interview. Expect to interview with two or three people. Felt a little impersonal, as if there were many candidates competing for the same position. Good follow-up by HR department after interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Frequent use of "behavioral" interview questions, drawing on past experience to support current skills.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I got called by my boss asking me why I see myself working at Soalr. I told him and he agreed and then I was given a behavioral interview menaing I got asked certain questions about hwhat and How I would react if a certain sitauation were to happen.

Supplier Technical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Solar Turbines.

After initial online application a manager requested a private phone interview which lasted about 35 minutes. A month later an interview with 3 managers was conducted with situational questions. 3 weeks afterwards an interview by an HR representative confirmed all my qualifications. Afterwards I was brought on site and interviewed by fellow co workers, HR director and my main future manager. I was contacted after two weeks with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How was your relationship with outside suppliers   View Answer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Solar Turbines in July 2014.

I got a phone call from my agency that about this opportunity and then we set up an interview. A week later, I go for the interview, which last about an hour. Then a few weeks later, I hear the news.

Interview Questions
    • some technical questions, but mostly behavior responses. For the behavior question, he ask give the case that you and the customers have difficulties understanding each other, and what should you do to deal with it, and what the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation because the manager knows how much to pay for this type of position.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Solar Turbines.

Interviewed at career fair, standard 2 v 1 interview. Both interviewers asked questions about past experiences and standard interview senarios. Interview lasted 1.25 hrs.
    3-4 months later I was given a phone interview with the program manager about the job and went over my resume.
    1 week later I was given word for an on-site interview.
    This interview lasted all day and I was shuffled around all day to be interviewed by the team managers. They asked personal questions as well as technical questions pertaining to their specific dept. I was asked then to give a prepared 1 hr technical presentation to the entire engineering team, followed by a facility tour.
    About 5-6 weeks later I was given an offer.
    Total length of process from first interview to offer was 4-5 months.
    So be patient if you haven't heard anything in awhile, no news isn't bad news.

Interview Questions
    • Giving a 1hr technical lecture to a room full of engineering managers and PhDs   View Answer
    No, Offer was best I had plus benefits and relocation were top notch

Engineering Intern Interview

Very formal, three people, two chemical engineers pursuing MBA showing possibility for growth. First phone interview that consisted of normal questions. Some logic questions at the on-site

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had to lead a project and there were no supervisors available to guide you   Answer Question

I had decided to study abroad in Seoul, Korea.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeSoto, TX
    Anonymous Employee in DeSoto, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Solar Turbines in April 2014.

Initial phone screening with a recruiter that then led to a phone interview and finally an on-site interview. Interview was in a group panel set up with questions consisting of behavioral questions.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Solar Turbines in April 2014.

Mostly personality screening.. Interviewed by a consulting company I worked for before. This job was short term but very satisfying. my current experience was not a match but we decided to give it the old college try. I fit in very well and the employer was satisfied.

Interview Questions
    • Would you relocate? Expenses came out of my hourly rate. first 2 weeks were part time paid.   Answer Question
    nothing but cash