SolarCity

68 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Documentation Associate Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SolarCity in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via the website on 4/8/14 received an email from recruiting in 40 mins asking when would be a good time for a telephone screening. I elected for the next morning, 11am 4/9/14. She asked me what I knew about SolarCity, what my understanding was of the role. We went over my resume and she asked me the typical questions like explain a time when.... and what did you like most/least about your previous position. She was very nice and let me know her Coordinator would be contacting me to set up an in person interview probably for next week. The Coordinator called me with availability for Friday 4/11/14 at 2:30pm. She sent an NDA and directions, very easy to find. I met with 2 gentlemen from the Documentation Department the interview lasted about 45 mins, and I was able to meet the recruiter whom I spoke with on the phone. Two and a half hours after my interview I was offered the position!

Interview Question – I did my homework on the company and role expectations. So the one question that really threw me was "what would my previous Supervisor consider an area of development for me?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter was upfront that the position offered a non-negotiable salary with a bonus structure. So I knew what to expect.

PV Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview Details – Applied online and reached out to hiring manager about position. Had 3 interviews. How would you deal with project situations? How are you a good leader? How competitive are you?

Interview Question – Nothing over the top. The usual behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another offer

Field Energy Consultant- Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview Details – Ridiculously easy...makes me wonder

Bilingual Credit Analyst Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SolarCity in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional hiring team. Very through on hiring process

Interview Question – They lack training in the program they adminster. They provide training on what to do and how to do it, but not on the software. So when your on the floor, you know what to do, just not how to do it on the computer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nice

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SolarCity in March 2014.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad and got a very quick response as I have been a sales manager in the home improvement industry for the last three years. I was very disappointed with the information and professionalism of the recruiter I talked to. He could answer very few questions and was more interested in telling me that Elon Musk backs the company. They basically want their sales reps to stand in Home Depot all day to talk to people and set appts and then go out and sell. And they want 7 sales a month. Before I could talk to anyone that could actually answer my questions they wanted me to take a personality assessment. I declined and thanked them for their time. Based on the ads I'm seeing and the reviews of both customers and employees.....that place is a giant revolving door right now.

Interview Question – I was the one asking the difficult questions like what is your turnover? What is the closing percentage? How much are the reps making? The recruiter couldn't answer any of those.   Answer Question

Paterson, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SolarCity in March 2014.

Interview Details – First they ask you to come in for an interview then a follow up interview. Not a real interview per say, they just wanted to know if I was ok working on weekends.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SolarCity in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume Monday Phone interview with recruiter Tuesday( just described job description) in-person interview wed ( informal, getting to know me). final phone interview Thursday with verbal job offer. Next, background/drug screening.

Interview Question – Why would you be successful at solar city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – only a verbal job offer from regional manager on the final phone interview...still waiting on background and drug testing, no negotiation on my part yet

Junior PV Installer Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview Details – I was hired to different position and after a few months asked to be put in the field therefore I did not have an installer interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Solar Advisor Interview

Inside Solar Advisor
Granite Bay, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SolarCity in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email from a recruiter who found me on Linkedin asking me to forward my resume. Recruiter called me the next day following my email response. We had a brief conversation about the job and my past experience. He then scheduled a phone interview with another recruiter. I was available that afternoon and asked if we could do it same day.
This phone interview was a little more in depth, I was then scheduled for a face to face interview with 2 managers the following week. A few hours after that interview I received a call from a recruiter asking me to come back for a second interview with 2 different mangers. The next day the recruiter called again asking me to come in for a RJP and to meet with the director. Once I met with the director, I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Lots of sales role playing, overcoming objections, really went over my resume with a fine toothed comb.   Answer Question

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Field Energy Advisor

Interviewed at SolarCity

Interview Details – Interview was a pretty standard retail sales job interview.

Interview Question – None...Everything was pretty typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. The salary and commission was already set.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SolarCity

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!

SolarCity Videos

SolarCity – Why Work for Us?

Elon Musk at TED - 2013: "Solar will be the plurality of power within 20 years" SolarCity Delivers Better Energy SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SolarCity interview questions and advice. All 68 interview reviews posted anonymously by SolarCity employees and interview candidates.