SolarCity Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.6

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

The hiring manager referred me to this position, however I failed on HR round because they don't sponsor work visa. For such a disruptive company that were founded by immigrants, it's a shame that such HR policy becomes the obstacle of employment.

Field Energy Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from recruiter the next day. We scheduled a quick phone interview. Then a face to face interview with channel manager. Hour long interview talking about the job, our experience an and our career plans.

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone call from a recruiter for a initial interview. Recieved email and phone call comfirmation for an in person interview. Met with the regional sales manager for my one on one interview. Was told the recruiter would be calling to confirm employment offer mid week.

Document Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SolarCity (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Received an email invitation to take an assessment. Following that, an email to schedule 30 minute phone interview which was just to go over the position and my resume. There were a few questions about "have you ever" or "tell me about a time". The last step was the in-person which was with 2 managers. Again, same types of questions. Nothing to difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision without a supervisor present.   Answer Question

Field Energy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackwood, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SolarCity (Blackwood, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a SolarCity recruiter. Short phone interview followed by an in person interview shortly after. Very nice people, performance driven position. The interview was pretty straight forward. It's a sales position so I basically had to "sell" myself as a potential employee, pretty much like any interview. They care a lot about your personality and not so much about your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Residential PV Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SolarCity (Long Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was nice. The standard interview questions were asked: previous experiences, motivation, what do you see yourself doing in a few years, etc. There was an engineering test at the end; SolarCity wants to see how you use logic and how you go about solving problems. From other reviews on this site, it seems like they will ask one out-of-the-ordinary question on all of the engineering tests, so be ready for anything.

Digital Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SolarCity (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the hiring manager. My concern is that the qualification the mgr was most interested in was one that was not on the job description. My resume and the job description seemed to be a good match until I asked, "what is the most important qualification you are considering in a candidate?" It turned out to be the one that was NOT on the job description, which made me feel a bit stupid.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with choosing management systems, were you involved in the selection process?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SolarCity (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Online invitation to take assessment. Attempting do apply from out of state. Awaiting next step in process. I was referred by a friend who did not have anything bad to say about the company. She seems happy in her position, so I decided to give it a go. I applied on a Friday, got the email for assestment invite on a Sunday.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SolarCity (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Impressed - they move super fast from initial contact. Interviewed with recruiter, potential peer, hiring leader, business unit heads (2) and hiring leader's leader. Everyone was super positive and engaged. Serious but friendly, thoughtful questions. Phone interviews were fast (1/2 hour) you can tell they work smart and fast getting to the most important stuff. In person interviews had a normal cadence and lasted about 1 hour. The only delay was due to other candidates also getting through the process. Was kept in the loop the entire time and provided updates. Great candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 5 accomplishments that were defining for you?   1 Answer

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

You will meet at a Starbucks and feel like you're not being taken seriously. The interviewer will act like a seasoned professional, but more than likely they just know someone who helped them get into their role and don't even qualify to clean the bathroom at the starbucks