SolarCity

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at SolarCity.

Phone interview that took about 30 minutes. Spoke with a very friendly and professional man, that had obvious years of experience. Made me feel confident in the company and happy to interview. Was turned off by low salary.

Interview Questions
    • asked all the usual questions
      -what would make you a good fit
      -what qualities are important in this position
      -weaknesses/strengths
        Answer Question

30,000 base pay plus weak commission rates

FEC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at SolarCity in July 2013.

They advertised the position on Indeed. Got a call a few months later. Had two interviews with the same person before I was offered the job. Very straight forward sales interviews. What are your strengths, Why do you think that you would be right for this position, Why should we higher you etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really tough or surprising about their questions. If you have been going out on other interviews you should encounter nothing different here.   Answer Question
    no negotiating. It was take it or leave it.

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at SolarCity in April 2014.

the worst process I have ever seen. chaos, disorganized, unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • scheduled for tow wrong interviews. was never asked any questions in both interviews since I was scheduled with the wrong people, finally I eliminated with unexplained reasons   View Answer

Inside Solar Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at SolarCity in October 2011.

I tried for months trying to get in at SolarCity. Applied for numerous jobs with no luck. They rely heavily on their employee referral program. I learned a former colleague worked at the company and once I passed him my resume. I was called, interviewed, and started working working within two weeks. I was even offered a better job than the one I applied too.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions about my past failures related to follow through and customer experience. After that one I thought I did not get the job for sure.   View Answer
    I was not in a strong position to negotiate because it was an entry level role. Just get in the door.

Utility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at SolarCity in October 2011.

Initially I spoke with a recruiter who asked numerous questions about technical proficiencies and hard situations from previous jobs. I was brought in for a two-part interview with 4 people.

In the interview, I was asked questions like:
    1) Have you used a V-lookup?
    2) Tell us about a process you have made better?
    3) Can you keep up with a fast pace work environment?

Interview Questions
    • If you could give your previous boss one piece of constructive feedback, what would it be?   Answer Question

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at SolarCity.

The initial communication was with the recruiter and then the channel account manager, over the phone. After a few weeks, another follow-up phone call was set up and then an informal in-person appointment at Starbucks. Shortly after, there was a final phone call with the regional channel account manager. Communications were casual and friendly. The whole process communicating back and forth took roughly over the period of 2 months.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation, offer is set on all titled positions.

Solar Energy Retail Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SolarCity.

Got a call from recruiter a week after applying. She forwarded my info, and I got a call the next week for another phone interview. The week after, got a call from sales channels manager to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. How will you become a good salesman?   Answer Question

Interconnection Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SolarCity.

The interview process was fairly standard for a corporate office. After submitting my resume through the SolarCity website, I received a phone call from a recruiter who wanted to ask a few questions to see if I might be a good fit for either of the two positions I had applied for. We spoke for roughly ten to fifteen minutes, then within a day or two, I received a phone call back from the recruiter letting me know they would like to schedule an in-person interview and was informed that it would last at least an hour. On the day of the interview, I met with first the manager of the team I had interviewed for, then a second interview with all the members of the team, then a third with another manager of a supporting team (and the other team for which I had also applied) along with the first manager, and then lastly a fourth meeting with the director of the group. After these four meetings, the manager escorted me outside after shaking my hands. All four were conducted in a friendly yet formal manner, allowing them to ask me questions and then allowed me with time to ask them anything I would like to know. A few days later the manager followed up with me to ask a few follow up questions, and then a few days after that, I received a phone call from the manager herself letting me know she would like to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • As I had not interviewed at many corporate offices before this company, I was a bit taken about when they had asked to describe an incident that I was least proud of in my career and what I did or wish I had done to try to improve the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SolarCity in March 2013.

I came in to the office on 3 different occasions (once for an informational interview, and twice for actual scheduled interviews). For the scheduled interviews, HR set up time with individuals and booked conference rooms; however, they were unavailalbe at the end of the day and so the last interviewee just walked me out. This made me feel as if the company was disorganized and didn't value my time in the office for the interviews.

Interview Questions
    I attempted to negotiate on two items and was turned down on both. I was also asked to start less than 2 weeks notice from my current employer, which I felt was unfair and was able to push back 1 week.

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SolarCity in March 2012.

Like any sales interview, you will want to close whomever is hiring you. Understand what a Consultant does at SolarCity, what the pitch is and you'll do well.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, set pay for everyone.

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!