SolarCity Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.6

PMO Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Very lengthy interview process with min 5 Interviewers and if there is an urgency for the position, the company can hire you withing 7 business days. please be ready to explain your experience in all details and make sure that interviewers understand correctly.

Interview Questions

• All about your previous company, previous experience related to current role   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SolarCity (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Your first stop is to talk to a recruiter once you apply for the job. From there you'll talk to a Director or VP of the department. The interview is pretty standard, no curve balls but they are looking for those that are the best in their field and those committed to the greater vision of the companies goals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What makes you good for this job? Why wouldn't I hire X whose more qualified?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SolarCity (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Talked with recruiter and then with several managers. Interesting concept of building a individual power plant and selling the energy to homeowner. Managers are knowledgeable. Growth has been large with opportunities.

Web Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got to know about the company from a hiring event society called Scoutly. Attended the SolarCity event at company head HQ. Around 20 people attended the event. Had an initial screening interview of my resume.
    Later after few days a recruiter from SolarCity contacted me on linkedin asking if im looking for job opportunities. I replied saying i had attended the event few weeks back and no one had got back to me. The recruiter then quickly got back to me the next day saying an interview will be arranged. Had a basic phone screening. Then onsite 4 rounds of pure technical interviews with web engineer, Sr web engineer(2) and Director.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to oops and .net including asp.net , web forms and MVC. Also questions related to data structures and algorithms.
      I just remember one question. Substring implementation without using any inbuilt functions like strlen etc..

Answer Question

Negotiation

They decided to give me an offer within 10 mins after my interview ended. Director himself walked me to his cabin and said he is willing to hire me and asked my expectations. I was offered what i expected so, accepted the job offer.

Direct Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I was recruited from another direct sales company. Recruiting is a multi touch process and I spoke with recruiters off and on for about a month before I was flown out to CA for my formal interview. I was on the fence between this company and one of its competitors (I had an interview with their competitor in D.C. the next week) but the choice was obvious after hearing the level of passion and seeing the vision this company had.

Interview Questions

• If I had to sum up my life's purpose into one sentence what would it be?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SolarCity (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Phone interview that took about 30 minutes. Spoke with a very friendly and professional man, that had obvious years of experience. Made me feel confident in the company and happy to interview. Was turned off by low salary.

Interview Questions

• asked all the usual questions
      -what would make you a good fit
      -what qualities are important in this position
      -weaknesses/strengths

Answer Question

30,000 base pay plus weak commission rates

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SolarCity (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

the worst process I have ever seen. chaos, disorganized, unprofessional

Interview Questions

• scheduled for tow wrong interviews. was never asked any questions in both interviews since I was scheduled with the wrong people, finally I eliminated with unexplained reasons   1 Answer

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SolarCity (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The initial communication was with the recruiter and then the channel account manager, over the phone. After a few weeks, another follow-up phone call was set up and then an informal in-person appointment at Starbucks. Shortly after, there was a final phone call with the regional channel account manager. Communications were casual and friendly. The whole process communicating back and forth took roughly over the period of 2 months.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejections?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, offer is set on all titled positions.

Solar Energy Retail Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SolarCity (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Got a call from recruiter a week after applying. She forwarded my info, and I got a call the next week for another phone interview. The week after, got a call from sales channels manager to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. How will you become a good salesman?   Answer Question

Interconnection Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard for a corporate office. After submitting my resume through the SolarCity website, I received a phone call from a recruiter who wanted to ask a few questions to see if I might be a good fit for either of the two positions I had applied for. We spoke for roughly ten to fifteen minutes, then within a day or two, I received a phone call back from the recruiter letting me know they would like to schedule an in-person interview and was informed that it would last at least an hour. On the day of the interview, I met with first the manager of the team I had interviewed for, then a second interview with all the members of the team, then a third with another manager of a supporting team (and the other team for which I had also applied) along with the first manager, and then lastly a fourth meeting with the director of the group. After these four meetings, the manager escorted me outside after shaking my hands. All four were conducted in a friendly yet formal manner, allowing them to ask me questions and then allowed me with time to ask them anything I would like to know. A few days later the manager followed up with me to ask a few follow up questions, and then a few days after that, I received a phone call from the manager herself letting me know she would like to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• As I had not interviewed at many corporate offices before this company, I was a bit taken about when they had asked to describe an incident that I was least proud of in my career and what I did or wish I had done to try to improve the situation.   Answer Question