SolarWinds

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SolarWinds in August 2014.

The interview was pretty much straight forward with very clear and objective questions and the interviewers acted always in a polite and respectful manner. The whole process from the 1st phone interview to hiring took about 10 days.

Other Interview Reviews for SolarWinds

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SolarWinds.

My initial phone interview with the HR recruiter went really well! She was friendly and prompt on contacting me and responding to any questions I had. However, I think she could have been more upfront about the team and the role. Ultimately, when I went in for the face-to-face interview, the hiring manager was much more upfront about the pressure and demanding nature of the sales role.

I do expect all sales roles to have a level of demand, competition and stress - it makes for an exciting sales environment but she painted a rosey picture and I got a very different vibe from the hiring manager. Feedback from former employees I know that worked there was much more in line with what the hiring manager conveyed.

All in all, the interview process was quick (less than a week), from submitting my resume to a face-to-face interview. I think they could have been a little more upfront in the phone interview so my time or the hiring manager's time wasn't wasted but they were overall very quick and I appreciate that in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SolarWinds in January 2014.

Recruiter schedules a short phone interview. Then a face to face if you impress. Interview style depends on the manager. Everyone is pretty intelligent so be able to think on your toes. This is a fast moving company so adaptability and a competitive nature is a must. Previous sales background is required (possible exceptions).

Interview Questions
    • I enjoyed the interview. Spoke mostly about my prior experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SolarWinds.

Quick process. Short phone screen then meet with sales managers.

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SolarWinds in January 2010.

At the time it was an interview with VP and then passed onto regional managers for the green light into their territories. No long, not drawn out. Now, my experience has been that interviews are not well thought out and when folks are brought in, it's a who's available or not out to lunch to facilitate.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating - base and commission are set in stone; take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online – interviewed at SolarWinds.

2 - 3 rounds of interviews, First with sales managers, then to VP of sales and then HR

Interview Questions
    Set salary - commission is uncapped - bonus structure is excellent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SolarWinds in June 2012.

Submitted CV, got a call back after around a month for an interview and accepted. Interview was with Sales Manager and got very little chance to speak, yet was offered the job shortly after on the same day. The whole process seem very casual and I found it a little odd at the time. After accepting the offer it became apparent that it is a very easy job to get.

Non neg