SolarWinds Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX).

Interview

Over the phone with HR, then in person with multiple managers, then a facilities tour...if they like you you interview with another round of managers..they then meet amongst themselves to see who is a good fit and for what team. Extend the verbal offer same day then at the mercy of HR to get a solid start date..took about 2 weeks to start

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SolarWinds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first brought on as a temp. When I submitted my resume, it only took about two weeks for them to call me. I was living in another city and they scheduled a phone interview for the next day and said it would be about 30 minutes to an hour long. During the interview I realized that it was a behavioral interview (which seems to be all the rage these days) and I was not prepared for that kind of interview which may have been a good thing because I was completely honest with all of my answers. I came away from the interview feeling like I had completely bombed it and his tone of voice and curtness left me with a less than hopeful expectation of success. Almost exactly 24 hours later, the interviewer called me and said that he wanted to offer me a temp position (Telephone Qualification, or TQ) which was only guaranteed to last for two months. I was told that this two months would also act as a sort of "ongoing interview" which would help them decide whether or not they wanted to hire me on full-time.

After having worked there for nine weeks, I had become the de facto team lead of the TQ team by coaching teammates, sharing quality advice/strategy, outlasting 8 other temps that were let go in brutal fashion, and assisting our manager during meetings just out of habit. I also hit the metrics they expected me to achieve, only passed along quality leads, and educated myself on product knowledge in my spare time.

Once the two months was nearing an end (which just so happened to be the end of Q1) I had been told by my manager that while I was a hard worker, was very intelligent, impressive, a natural leader, and that my technical knowledge made me dangerous in a good way, I was twice denied a position on his team because he felt that I was too verbose, was not cocky or arrogant enough, I was not a natural salesperson and that because of this it was going to be much harder for me to get it full-time position even though everyone had great things to say about me 99% of the time, and that I needed to be more succinct.

Apparently this May have been a motivational tactic and it worked. I started reaching out to other managers asking for a few minutes of their time to discuss open positions and why they should give me one. The four other people that interviewed me for their teams they all were impressed with me and they all wanted me on their team, but only one of them had the spot available to offer me a position. All of the interviews were fairly informal, one on one, and basically their way of trying to gauge whether or not I would be worth the risk or investment and whether or not I would be able to contribute to their team success. I feel like everyone I talked to had been honest straightforward, caring, and were overall intelligent people.

Interview Questions

• "What can you bring to this job that makes you the right person to hire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty much straight forward with very clear and objective questions and the interviewers acted always in a polite and respectful manner. The whole process from the 1st phone interview to hiring took about 10 days.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SolarWinds.

Interview

My initial phone interview with the HR recruiter went really well! She was friendly and prompt on contacting me and responding to any questions I had. However, I think she could have been more upfront about the team and the role. Ultimately, when I went in for the face-to-face interview, the hiring manager was much more upfront about the pressure and demanding nature of the sales role.

I do expect all sales roles to have a level of demand, competition and stress - it makes for an exciting sales environment but she painted a rosey picture and I got a very different vibe from the hiring manager. Feedback from former employees I know that worked there was much more in line with what the hiring manager conveyed.

All in all, the interview process was quick (less than a week), from submitting my resume to a face-to-face interview. I think they could have been a little more upfront in the phone interview so my time or the hiring manager's time wasn't wasted but they were overall very quick and I appreciate that in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiter schedules a short phone interview. Then a face to face if you impress. Interview style depends on the manager. Everyone is pretty intelligent so be able to think on your toes. This is a fast moving company so adaptability and a competitive nature is a must. Previous sales background is required (possible exceptions).

Interview Questions

• I enjoyed the interview. Spoke mostly about my prior experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX).

Interview

Quick process. Short phone screen then meet with sales managers.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

At the time it was an interview with VP and then passed onto regional managers for the green light into their territories. No long, not drawn out. Now, my experience has been that interviews are not well thought out and when folks are brought in, it's a who's available or not out to lunch to facilitate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating - base and commission are set in stone; take it or leave it.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SolarWinds (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

2 - 3 rounds of interviews, First with sales managers, then to VP of sales and then HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set salary - commission is uncapped - bonus structure is excellent

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SolarWinds (Cork (Ireland)) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted CV, got a call back after around a month for an interview and accepted. Interview was with Sales Manager and got very little chance to speak, yet was offered the job shortly after on the same day. The whole process seem very casual and I found it a little odd at the time. After accepting the offer it became apparent that it is a very easy job to get.

Negotiation

Non neg